Texas Fishing Forum

What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon

Posted By: philbones

What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 05:27 PM

Just what it says? Can I use a palamor knot?
Posted By: bassing1

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 05:28 PM

i use a palamor, but on the light line i use a san diego jam knot.
Posted By: bassing1

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 05:29 PM

check out this read

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewfluorocarbon2pg4.html

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 05:30 PM

Thank you.
Posted By: gotta199

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 05:34 PM

I use a palamor knot all the time with mine. Make sure to wet it and then cinch it down slowly though.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 06:01 PM

Double clinch
Posted By: RedBarn

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 06:11 PM

I'm not sure what the name of it is but Matt Herren showed it to me a few months ago. I haven't broken an fluor knot since.
1) double the line over as you would on a palomar knot and run it through the eye.
2) then take the doubled end and wrap it around the main line and tag end 5 times. The main line and tag end should be running parallel.
3) wet the wrapped line very good.
4) run the loop end back through the bottom hole just above the hook eye and pull it out about 3/4".
5) pull the main line and tag end tight til the knot cinches down. You might also have to pull the loop a little tight.
6) cut the tag end off the top by the main line and cut the loop off the bottom by the hook eye. You will have 3 ends, one on top and two on the bottom.

Hope this make sense!!!
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 06:13 PM

Check out the World Fair Knot, Ive never broken a fish off on this know. I have also had great success with the Palomar also.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: RedBarn1
I'm not sure what the name of it is but Matt Herren showed it to me a few months ago. I haven't broken an fluor knot since.
1) double the line over as you would on a palomar knot and run it through the eye.
2) then take the doubled end and wrap it around the main line and tag end 5 times. The main line and tag end should be running parallel.
4) run the loop end back through the bottom hole just above the hook eye and pull it out about 3/4".
5) pull the main line and tag end tight til the knot cinches down. You might also have to pull the loop a little tight.
6) cut the tag end off the top by the main line and cut the loop off the bottom by the hook eye. You will have 3 ends, one on top and two on the bottom.

Hope this make sense!!!

Double clinch, same one I have been tying for years with braid and fluoro. I have yet to have a failure with this knot.
Posted By: Rock River

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: jmjbcp
i use a palamor, but on the light line i use a san diego jam knot.
+1
Posted By: Bassinating

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 07:20 PM

I always use Palomar and improved clinch knot
Posted By: bassinbiker

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

Hope this make sense!!!

Double clinch, same one I have been tying for years with braid and fluoro. I have yet to have a failure with this knot.

+2 -- have not had any knot issues after switching to this knot. If i want added "security" i also double the loop end back through the loop you make after going through the bottom loop.
Posted By: bassitup

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 07:43 PM

palomar and i spit a bunch of skoal on the knot for flavor.
Posted By: Chad711

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 07:51 PM

Clinch knot with out going through the second loop. Works like a charm and I have to cut line before that knot comes out...

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 09:05 PM

Damn look what I started. lol I mainly tie the palomar but i'm going to learn the Clinch knot as well. I bought some floro today and will try it out this weekend.
Posted By: Jason Hoffman -- Lake Fork Guide

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 09:14 PM

I've got a good friend of mine who ties the double clinch knot and I have never figured out how having 3 tag ends is a good thing. It doesn't seem to break, but that's the ugliest knot ever!!!

San Diego Jam knot or reverse clinch for me.
Posted By: FZ1

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 09:23 PM

FZ1 ties a Palomar. FZ1 don't break no fish off.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Double clinch

+1
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 09:55 PM

I fish the improved clinch, but I wanna try the San Diego Jam/Reverse clinch it looks like it will be faster!
Posted By: FZ1

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 09:58 PM

Palomar is faster than either.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/08/10 10:21 PM

If I have ever had a palomar knot break it was due to neglect, I pretty much use it exclusively.
Posted By: plane

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/16/10 01:31 AM

Hope this make sense!!!

^Woo Daves shows how to tie this same knot on his Bass Pro Shops DVD Video called "Woo's Clues". Woo calls this knot "the Jig Knot" on the video.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide- James Caldemeyer

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/16/10 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Jason Hoffman -- Lake Fork Guide
I've got a good friend of mine who ties the double clinch knot and I have never figured out how having 3 tag ends is a good thing. It doesn't seem to break, but that's the ugliest knot ever!!!

Double Clinch is wicked strong!
Posted By: TX Rig

Re: What type of knot do you tie w/ fluorocarbon - 06/16/10 01:50 AM

I have a secret knot (no name for it) that works well. If I tell someone my Dad will return from the grave to kill me. I don’t think I could explain how to tie it anyhow.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum