Texas Fishing Forum

killeen/ft hood?

Posted By: hyphy650

killeen/ft hood? - 01/31/08 02:39 PM

anyone here from the killeen, fort hood area? just thought we could start a thread about stillhouse and belton lake.
Posted By: Jason Radke

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 01/31/08 04:44 PM

i'll be at belton this weekend... got any fishin reports for there?
Posted By: BJ Smith

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 01/31/08 05:26 PM

Yes.... but have not been on either one in a while....

Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 01/31/08 06:31 PM

fish are suspended in 30-40 foot of water, hardly any fish up shallow, good luck catching them.
Posted By: Weekend Angler

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 01/31/08 07:33 PM

caught over 30 last sunday on belton in less than 10' but the bite didnt turn on till around noon (started at 9:30)and picked up between 2-3 pm. bite was mostly small fish but did get 4 keepers between 14-16 inches. fished dropshot and crankbaits with the crankbait bite picking up later and big bass coming off a crankbait. 2 of my keepers came in less than 6 feet of water and within 2 feet of each other. try fishing points and ledges near deeper water . there are ALWAYS bass to catch on belton if you dont give up and dont mind a few small fish.

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 01/31/08 07:48 PM

wow weekend, i have been to belton about 15 times and catch a bunch of fish each time i go, last weekend was the first time i zeroed. what part of the lake were you fishing, my graph went blank when i would get in less the 30 foot of water.

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/01/08 03:01 AM

i don't fish the main lake much but did catch some fish up at cowhouse. nothing really big but some solid fish. later that day we went slabbing for whites and caught good bass on slabs in about 30 feet of water.

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/01/08 03:02 AM

anybody fish stillhouse lately?

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/01/08 03:31 AM

i fish several spots between morgans point and the sand flats about 90 % of the time. i fish bluffs this time of year. there ususally has to be 20+ feet of water nearby and i dont always mark fish but when i find them i can almost always catch several. the bass are on ledges or points and sometimes are suspended near the bluffs. where have you been fishing?

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/01/08 12:18 PM

95% of the time i am fishing from the dam to ceder ridge(creek).

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/01/08 02:26 PM

are those banks pretty steep? i'm not much of a deep water guy but i should start learning. what are you throwing over there?

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/01/08 02:38 PM

anywhere from ceder ridge to the dam is going to be preety deep. but you can catch the fish shallow
Posted By: The Hag

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/01/08 06:41 PM

Brother-in-law has been catching some nice fish on Sillhouse lately. Fish the ends of the points out in the 20' depths with a Carolina rig. He had some 5's and his largest was an 8 doing that. Broke off some really good ones he said down on the end with the trees.
Posted By: Bomber 89

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/02/08 11:44 PM

Do you know if he was fishing the north side of the main lake on Stillhouse Hag? Thats where I was today but fishin was slow. My son caught the best one it went 5.5lbs. Preety fat too. I guess theyre gettin ready to spawn soon.

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/03/08 12:49 AM

He was fishing the North/West end. He said that he and his son are going to fish some new team trail (BS Trail) that fishes Belton and Stillhouse. Bet he's a force to contend with on both of them.

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/03/08 03:11 AM

Gonna be a lot of good anglers fishing those tournaments. I happen to know several and I am hoping to compete with them myself. I should do best on Belton but my partner is better on Stillhouse.

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/03/08 11:34 AM

I wish I would have know about the BS series. Did they advertise it?

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/03/08 01:28 PM

do you have the dates,schedule and also what ramps of the tournaments?

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/04/08 01:22 AM

I'll ask my brother-in-law and post it on here. I didn't even know about it until last week. Back and forth from Belton to Stillhouse. He's been on disability for a few months now and went fishing on those two lakes 2 or 3 times a week. He's excited about the trail. He and his wife will be the tournament directors for the Killeen, Temple division of the WTTT when (and if) we bring it down there.

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/04/08 03:17 PM

Thanks Hag.
Posted By: Jeffrey59

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/05/08 08:47 PM

Has anybody been fishing Waco??? Never fished the lake before. Have a tournament there at the end of Feb. Was wondering if the fishing was any good.

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/05/08 11:27 PM

Fished waco a few weeks ago, caught lots of little fish (over 30) and 2 keepers weighing 3.25 lbs. some friends had a better day with one weighing 3 fish at 11.5 lbs , one had 4 fish at 10.5 lbs including a 6 lber, one had 3 at 8.5 lbs and one had 2 bass weighing just over 7 lbs. there were more but these were the best of the day. so i guess my point is if you are on the right spot and all you can catch some nice ones there. oh and the day we fished it was VERY windy and VERY VERY cold.

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/06/08 06:47 PM

i have never fished waco before myself. i have to make it down there one of these days. i heard it was an awesome frog lake in the summer.
Posted By: centexmav

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/06/08 07:24 PM

30 fish on Waco a few weeks ago when it was 30 degrees? Intresting

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/06/08 08:47 PM

i was on waco when yall had yalls tournament. i only caught 1 fish.

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/07/08 12:26 AM

most of my fish came in 5-15 feet of water in about a 30 foot area of the bank off a drop shot. the keepers came off of two other spots on crankbaits. most fish were 9-10 inches with a few closer to 12. i would start at one end and work my way to the other. i left twice and returned and caught fish there everytime but they were just too small. i did the same thing on belton, basically finding a spot where small fish were stacked up but on belton i caught larger fish including a few keepers.

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/07/08 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: centexmav
30 fish on Waco a few weeks ago when it was 30 degrees? Intresting

and windy too!!!!!

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/07/08 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Skeeter TZX 200
do you have the dates, schedule and also what ramps of the tournaments?

They put out a flier. he picked one up at the Temple Academy. The phone number for the guy that's running it is 254-721-6501. His name is Scotty Gover.

The first tournament was on Stillhouse last weekend. It took over 26 pounds to win it. Two different teams had 26 pounds with an 8.80 for big fish. They had 42 teams.

March 30 Belton Lake - Temple Lake Park
April 6 Stillhouse Marina
April 20 Belton Lake - Temple Lake Park
May 18 Stillhouse Marina
June 29 Belton Lake - Temple Lake Park
July 13 Stillhoue Marina
August 17 Belton Lake - Temple Lake Park

The championship is a two day tournament split between the two lakes.
September 20 Stillhouse
September 21 Belton

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/13/08 06:02 PM

going to belton this weekend hopefully there aint 9 foot waves out there!

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 02/22/08 06:04 PM

anyone fishing bass champs on belton next week?
Posted By: UntamedSenkos

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 06/26/12 08:19 PM

anybody know any good spots near killeen thats reachable on foot -_- hahah..i miss fishing banks in california..i just started fishing again and im looking for spots here..any good rivers or channels?

Posted By: Stew

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 06/26/12 08:56 PM

You can wade the Lampases River or fish the ponds in the training area on post.

Posted By: Feljum Shwarper

Re: killeen/ft hood? - 06/28/12 08:07 PM

Caught a nice one two weeks ago in grass along the dam on carolina Rig...See Pic below.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum