Texas Fishing Forum

Interest in Bass Boat rentals?

Posted By: Hail Boy

Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 01/30/08 10:00 PM

My friend and I have been thinking of renting out a Bass Tracker Pro Crappie 175 to fishermen in the North Texas area.

Lakes

1. Lewisville
2. Grapevine
3. Lavon
4. Ray Roberts
5. Texoma*

Basically what we were thinking is this, we could meet you at any ramp on either Grapevine or Lewisville but for futher lakes we will allow fishermen to pick the boat up the night before at the storage unit.

We would also offer multiple day rentals for camping, fishing, trips..

For rates I was thinking $125 for full day rentals with 1st tank free. With the option to rent the boat up to a week, 7 days, for $500.

Would anyone on here be interested in here. If you wouldn't be what would be the main reason? The boat? Price? Any feedback is welcome..

Looks like this..

-Z-
Posted By: Brian McCarty

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 01/30/08 10:13 PM

I think you would do quite well....
Posted By: Steve_FBC

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 01/30/08 11:42 PM

Would probably get some local business, but I would think that out of towners would be a better market. I rented a Ranger aluminum boat when I went to Table Rock acouple of years ago. It was like $70 plus gas then. It would be a good optio for those that can't afford a boat or afford to drag one from where they live. If I go to Lake Toho this year, I will be renting a boat instead of dragging mine.

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 01/31/08 01:57 AM

What I would like to do as well is get some fellow TFFer's to maybe offer some free or discounted fishing lures/products and have them avail. for free to customers to try while they are on the lake.

Then if they like the products they could take a business card from inside the tackle box and order products for themsevles.

I think that would be cool.

Steve who did you rent from?

Posted By: cuevl

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 01/31/08 02:38 AM

$125 is really a low price, I would raise it. Especially with the gas being included.
Posted By: kingfish_1970

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 01/31/08 10:44 AM

I agree.You would lose a lot of money by throwing in the gas.However,I'd go for it.

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 01/31/08 12:29 PM

I forgot to add this.

Evening Sand Bass Rentals = $55 + Gas

That includes devlivery to a few select boat ramps on Lewisville and Grapevine. (Lake Park - Hickory Creek - Murrell - Katies Woods - Pier 121)

Time = 4pm - Dusk
Posted By: warrick

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 01/31/08 02:18 PM

I'm in. I hope you guys do it.
Rick
Posted By: Tickets

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/06/11 04:07 AM

Are you renting your boat?
Posted By: Kens3313

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/06/11 05:40 AM

Thats a good idea, But I think atleast raise it up to 175. You have to consider wear and tear on the boat too. Rental cars get pretty abused and I would think boats would too. Just my opinion.
Posted By: ftabangler13

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/06/11 06:06 AM

Dude, evening sandbass rentals with a box of slabs, instructions, and good marketing is a golden idea. Offer to clean them for some extra $$$.
Posted By: BaylorBass

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/06/11 06:56 AM

It could work, google "basstaxi"... there is a guy that does the same thing here in CA and it's very popular on Diamond Valley Lake.
Posted By: James_C

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/06/11 07:20 AM

I think its a great idea I know there are some people out on Fork that do it. There rates are a little higher than yours. Heres a link to the two sites to help give you an idea.

http://www.rickysboatrental.com/index.htm

http://www.ets-systems.com/jjmarine/index.htm
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/06/11 11:56 AM

You had better have your insurance for the boat and for you in order.There is considerable liability risk.
Posted By: pondhopper10

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/06/11 01:29 PM

Way to cheap!!!!!! But a good deal for non boaters..good luck
Posted By: KSalcedo222

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/06/11 03:04 PM

Im all for that i would save your number for sure!!! Great idea!
Posted By: Always the Noob

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/06/11 05:46 PM

I've been looking for bass boat rentals on Grapevine/Lewisville - this would be excellent. Especially interested in the sand bass option.
Posted By: ShamrockSmith

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/06/11 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry
You had better have your insurance for the boat and for you in order.There is considerable liability risk.

+1000!
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/06/11 06:15 PM

Too cheap in my opinon. They rent jet ski's for 200 bucks for 3 hours on the weekends. And you have to bring them back full of gas.
Posted By: Bassen

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/06/11 07:21 PM

Too cheap - they will tear up every thing, lots of not so smart people out there..... Just sayen!!!!

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/06/11 07:31 PM

Insurance or a deposit. have them sign a liability form upon renting that says if anything is messed up and the boat is not returned in the shape it was taken out in, then it will be deducted from their deposit. Take pictures with the people renting the boat before launch for legal purposes. I don't know how all that will effect business though.
Posted By: BassCat_94

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/06/11 08:13 PM

There are a lot of Jet Ski and Pontoon rental places around Lewisville. Call them up and talk with the owner to find out why they don't rent fishing boats. See if you can pick their brain some. They might have good reason why they don't rent them.

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/09/11 03:01 PM

If I were to guess its because people who are willing to spend that kind of money on renting a fishing boat or can afford it already have one.
Posted By: Ted Dyer

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/09/11 03:29 PM

Great idea! Let us know if you decide to do this. I, for one, would give it a shot.
Posted By: J45on

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/09/11 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry
+1
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/10/11 02:00 PM

They keep them rented at Fork. Most have you leave the tank full. At $125 a day. I don't know what the tank holds, if it is like the old Trackers, it has a 6 gal. removeavle tank. Are they built in and hold more now? Consider the price of gas.
Posted By: WaterLogged

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/10/11 02:54 PM

I would go at least 170 + tax, thats accepteptable to people and will still keep your boat being used everyday. Then you can throw in 1st tank. It would be hard to have a day rental then an evening rental unless you just keep extra batteries on charge and swap them. I just rented a boat at Fork this weekend and would do it again even if the price was a little higher.
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/10/11 04:27 PM

Reasonable idea, though I agree that $125 is too cheap!

If you have to replace a trashed prop, lower unit, trolling motor, etc, you'll watch your profits fly out the window.

A lot can go wrong, get lost, or get broken on a boat, especially a rental!

Good luck with your venture. flag
Posted By: Texas Smoke

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/10/11 05:33 PM

Do ya'll realize that this post originated 3 1/2 years a go ??

LOL !!!!!
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/11/11 09:33 PM

$125 with gas included? If you were closer I might sell my boat and just take yours.

Be sure to talk to your insurance about renting it out. I'm sure it's a different policy and you want to be well covered.
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 07/11/11 10:28 PM

Keep the rate as is, just require a solid deposit...u should get plenty of business..and, oops, no, I did not notice the '08 post date...ha ha!
Posted By: SenkoSniper

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 03/08/13 10:47 PM

Still renting?
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 03/08/13 11:54 PM

better CYA with the proper amount of liability insurance
Posted By: teambassmanager

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 03/13/14 05:25 PM

I know the post is old..but still renting?
Posted By: Bruce Johns

Re: Interest in Bass Boat rentals? - 03/13/14 10:21 PM

I would think that the insurance on a rental boat would be out the roof.
There is a lot more stuff to tear up on a bass boat, as opposed to a jet ski.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum