Texas Fishing Forum

Let’s talk mapping cards

Posted By: Minner Bucket

Let’s talk mapping cards - 04/14/24 11:48 PM

I understand Humminbird has lake master and lake master only works with Humminbird.

Lowrance has C-map and only works with Lowrance.

Does Navionics work with all 3 brands, Humminbird, Lowrance, Garmin?

If you own a Humminbird, you could run Navionics and Lakemaster?

Lowrance is C-map and Navionics?

Garmin is what? Just Navionics?

Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Let’s talk mapping cards - 04/15/24 12:03 AM

Navionics will work with Lowrance and Humminbirds, not sure about Garmin. One of the Helix’s on my dash has both a Navionics and Lakemaster card in it and I can switch back and forth. For what it’s worth out here in West Texas Navionics had better coverage. Lakemaster don’t have any contours on one of my local lakes
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Let’s talk mapping cards - 04/15/24 12:15 AM

I just started running the new Navionics with relief shading this year and absolutely love it. It makes creek channels and ledges pop and stand out on your unit.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Let’s talk mapping cards - 04/15/24 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
I just started running the new Navionics with relief shading this year and absolutely love it. It makes creek channels and ledges pop and stand out on your unit.

What brand units?
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Let’s talk mapping cards - 04/15/24 12:17 AM

Lowrance
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Let’s talk mapping cards - 04/15/24 12:37 AM

Garmin bought the Navionics company.
Since then there are two product lines==Navionics works with most brands except Garmin, and Garmin Navionics that only works with Garmins.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Let’s talk mapping cards - 04/15/24 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

What brand units?

Navionics Relief Shading with Humminbird----

[Linked Image]

Re: Let’s talk mapping cards - 04/15/24 01:02 AM

If you go with Navionics get the platinum+ card, has aerial imagery. What’s great out by me is the images are when the lakes were really low. You can see the details really clear.
Posted By: dr14

Re: Let’s talk mapping cards - 04/15/24 11:30 AM

Really wish you could get lake level offset with Navionics, that relief shading is nice Wayne P.
Posted By: wanta10lbbass

Re: Let’s talk mapping cards - 04/15/24 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wayne P.
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

What brand units?

Navionics Relief Shading with Humminbird----

[Linked Image]

that's pretty sweet. So is the relief shading only available on the platinum + version?
Posted By: RKT

Re: Let’s talk mapping cards - 04/15/24 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
If you go with Navionics get the platinum+ card, has aerial imagery. What’s great out by me is the images are when the lakes were really low. You can see the details really clear.

Does it have low water imagery on almost all lakes or just some? Do you have to pay for a subscription on top of buying the card for the aerial imagery to work?
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Let’s talk mapping cards - 04/15/24 07:07 PM

I was wondering just the other day what I am going to do with these chips. Doesn’t each unit still need a map card.

Sold the bay boat and bass boat and now I guess I will have to find a new home for these on the cheap.

Not even sure what they are worth. If anyone knows the value shoot me a pm if you would.

Attached picture IMG_2250.jpeg

Re: Let’s talk mapping cards - 04/15/24 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by RKT
Originally Posted by tmd11111

Does it have low water imagery on almost all lakes or just some? Do you have to pay for a subscription on top of buying the card for the aerial imagery to work?

Not sure, I know know the lakes I fish in my area are low when the imagery was taken, Twin Buttes, O.H. Ivie, E.V. Spence, Oak Creek, Brady, Amistad,
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Let’s talk mapping cards - 04/15/24 08:12 PM

I use the Humminbird card, Lakemaster. I love mine as i have everything color coded to my liking. I* can just take a glance and not even have to read the depth, the color pretty much tells me. I can see humps and drop offs in seconds when looking at it. Plus you can get the StrikeSmart series that you can plug in certain information and it will give you the best spots to fish. I have found that when i am at a new lake this takes hours off of trying to find those hot spots.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum