Texas Fishing Forum

Pontoon Fishing Boat?

Posted By: Ibock

Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 02:23 AM

Any suggestions for a pontoon boat that you could bass fish with?
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ibock
Any suggestions for a pontoon boat that you could bass fish with?

Not sure that exsist in the true sense, but I guess you could bass fish or any other fishing in any boat,
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 03:12 AM

Used to be a company that specializes in pontoon fishing boats, can’t remember the name.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 03:13 AM

I would think it would be miserable trying to control it in the wind.
Posted By: nfhbass

Re: Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 03:21 AM

You can bass fish out of any pontoon boat, but you’ll only be able to do so much with on.

Ranger makes a nice one, I saw it at cabelas a few days ago.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 11:23 AM

This is a well built product that is built in Gainesville, Texas. They will customize it pretty much anyway you want. Very stable fishing platform for two big guys. You will need a trailer tho.

https://pondking.com/products/pond-king-pro.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 11:47 AM

In Texas, other than July and August; we get lots of wind.
You want something low profile to fish out of…not a pontoon.

If you get a pontoon to fish out of, a spot lock trolling motor would be of great benefit.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 12:11 PM

I saw a pontoon with 4 talons and a Yamaha 425 on the back. Looked like a fishing machine to me. Or a really cool party barge.
Posted By: nfhbass

Re: Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
I saw a pontoon with 4 talons and a Yamaha 425 on the back. Looked like a fishing machine to me. Or a really cool party barge.

Look at sea legs
Posted By: T-Rigger

Re: Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 12:55 PM

Sea Eagle

https://www.seaeagle.com/FramelessFishingBoats/285fpb

Good Fishing
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 01:09 PM

i took a 22ft veranda tri toon an just had them put rails on it put an xpress center console in it built a couple of boxes in the front an fishing chairs in the back started out as a cheap project by the time the 250 motor big trolling motor an 12 inch simrad it fishes well but pricey.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 01:38 PM

back in late 80's/early 90's there was a guy who fished redman/BFL tournys in alabama out of a inboard/outboard ski boat...back then the tournys were draw touraments and I was told that if you drew him,he would make you flip a coin to see whose boat you took....he had trolling motor mounted up front plus a seat in front and back but I was told that about all you could do out of it was fish off the bank because it wasn't very manuevable and you couldn't get in very shallow water....
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 02:00 PM

https://login.anglerqwestpontoons.com/
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 03:12 PM

Because I have a family that is pretty adamant about be getting a pontoon boat for family activities, I've actually kicked around the idea of a tri-toon fully rigged into a tournament bass boat. A pontoon would be to slow and probably burn a ton more fuel than a tri-toon or bass boat. I've fished out of a couple of pontoons with around 50 hp motors and about 15 mph is all they'd do. Tri-toons will plane more like a regular boat and get way more speed and efficiency than a pontoon. If I were to do it, I'd probably go with at least 150 horsepower.
Posted By: Usmc826

Re: Pontoon Fishing Boat? - 04/08/24 04:05 PM

Had a hurricane center that fished well. Upgraded to a skeeter sx2350 which i can fish lake and ocean, tube or ski with detached tow sling, has removeable deck pads and back rest on front deck. It can be put on for tubing skiing or family boating swimming activities. First pic is the hurricane and the next ones will be the skeeter bay boat sx2350. Cant do without top if wanting some more bass boat like., but it makes a great fishing and family boat that can do it all. But i would look at those two over a pontoon.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum