Texas Fishing Forum

Yes; you can use live to snag fish

Posted By: BrockstaRama

Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/24/24 03:53 PM

Just think if Mike Long had this tech back in the day
https://youtu.be/1ePO7_5FSsU?si=HriCI7cr7YglwDFY
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/24/24 03:56 PM

Are they snagging bass or giant paddlefish?

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/24/24 04:06 PM

Pads. Shows it can done though. 7 pound bass show up pretty large on my screen. Give it time. Someone will be dumb enough to brag about snagging bass while trying to snag Pads or carp. Then the state officials will start doing what they do probably.
Posted By: Bassinamped

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/24/24 04:36 PM

All hooks should be banned from future angling! Fish are not safe with this unimaginable technology.

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/24/24 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by BrockstaRama
Pads. Shows it can done though. 7 pound bass show up pretty large on my screen. Give it time. Someone will be dumb enough to brag about snagging bass while trying to snag Pads or carp. Then the state officials will start doing what they do probably.

Lots of things “can be done”, even fat ugly people find someone to marry them. Just because “it can be done”, does not mean that it’s done regularly.

I’ll ask you what I ask all of the others, exactly what don’t you like about FFS? Give specifics and how many times have you used it?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/24/24 04:58 PM

You are gonna need one of those snagger special rods. I'm not sure dobyns still makes the mike long edition. I do have one by the way lol

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/24/24 05:26 PM

Oh I'm all about my ffs. Some say you can't snag using it then I remembered they use it for paddlefish so I looked up a bid. Is everyone on edge here or something?
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/24/24 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

Like Hamner did yesterday in the Classic? stir
Posted By: 9094

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/24/24 05:42 PM

If bass anglers used snagging rigs which are 100% set up to snag maybe. But using a lure with plain small treble hooks it is impossible to do it.
Your example is not even apples to oranges it’s so ridiculous.
But people who are determined to prove they are right will always find a way.
Posted By: Cuervo Jones

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/24/24 05:56 PM

You can use it to aim dynamite sticks too.
So what?
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/24/24 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by BrockstaRama
Just think if Mike Long had this tech back in the day
https://youtu.be/1ePO7_5FSsU?si=HriCI7cr7YglwDFY

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/24/24 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001

So you are accusing Hamner of cheating or you’re just a troll now. Tight

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/24/24 11:04 PM

Maybe you can use it to snag a brain.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 12:56 AM

A told you so from Randy

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Darin S.

100 percent troll

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 12:59 AM

Maybe you can use it to snag a brain.

Lol
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
A told you so from Randy

Randy hasnt been right about anything.
Posted By: Harleydude

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 01:15 AM

I tried as hard as I could to snag everything I saw swimming on screen last week and couldn’t do it. Mouth, side, tail…..missed Em all! This [censored] isn’t easy!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Darin S.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 01:20 AM

Ok , What is Randy's claim to fame? I saw the the trophys in the back ground, but that means nothing.

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Smurfs
Ok , What is Randy's claim to fame? I saw the the trophys in the back ground, but that means nothing.

He was a journeyman guy in the elites in the 80s and 90s, fished back of the pack in the FLW tour for quite a while.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

He was a journeyman guy in the elites in the 80s and 90s, fished back of the pack in the FLW tour for quite a while.

Randy has never fished the Elites.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 01:38 AM

How did you figure out how to tune in yesterday but not today?

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Randy has never fished the Elites.

What ever it was called back in the day- top 100, top 150, right?

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 02:56 AM

Randy once sunk his boat, so that he could get under a bridge. They had to make a Randy rule, no more pulling drain plugs and sinking your boat on purpose to access areas.
Posted By: Mulejockey1

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 03:20 AM

People really think Randy is the ringleader against the everybody gets a trophy crowd? It’s growing not because of Randy or age, it’s because it’s not sporting.

Not sporting means you can be a tub o lard or huff paint and be successful even if you suck at fishing. Yes, scopers are couch potatoes that have sit on their fani playing video games most of their lives.

ETA- or sucked at fishing

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 03:38 AM

Ok boomer.

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Cuervo Jones
Ok boomer.

Just the FACTS here kid.

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mulejockey1
People really think Randy is the ringleader against the everybody gets a trophy crowd? It’s growing not because of Randy or age, it’s because it’s not sporting.

Not sporting means you can be a tub o lard or huff paint and be successful even if you suck at fishing. Yes, scopers are couch potatoes that have sit on their fani playing video games most of their lives.

LMAO!!! I think you may have huffed a bit to much paint.

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Harleydude

Simmer down. Man bun Monday is coming up. You can join the others.

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 04:59 AM

I’m just gonna assume you jockey that mule from behind on a stool and not up in a saddle.

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Cuervo Jones
Ok boomer.

Just the FACTS here kid.

When do you intend to post some?
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 11:59 AM

de
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 12:46 PM

I’ll be at Truman in June. See paddlefish there and on the Quachita river every time we go.
Posted By: RRogers

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 12:51 PM

"Video killed the radio star".
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 12:53 PM

I’m just gonna assume you jockey that mule from behind on a stool and not up in a saddle.

eeks

roflmao
Posted By: shanetx

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 12:56 PM

It is lazy argument to default to boomer or kid or randy this randy that. life rule in general. Nothing is black and white.

I do not like FFS, I also do not like Randy (only learned of him through yall saying this name BTW) I like watching Milliken's videos but again i dislike FFS.

You do not like apples? Better make sure someone out there didnt make an anti apple video or else you may be that person too.

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by shanetx
It is lazy argument to default to boomer or kid or randy this randy that. life rule in general. Nothing is black and white.

I do not like FFS, I also do not like Randy (only learned of him through yall saying this name BTW) I like watching Milliken's videos but again i dislike FFS.

You do not like apples? Better make sure someone out there didnt make an anti apple video or else you may be that person too.

It’s a lazy argument the excuses people come up with for not liking FFS. I could care less if someone uses it or not- but the anti crowd makes it sound like it so easy it’s cheating, that it’ll decimate the bass population, is not sporting-etc. none of this is true. Just say you don’t like looking down at a screen and that’s a fair argument.
Posted By: boyd1002

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 01:22 PM

It’s a lazy argument the excuses people come up with for not liking FFS. I could care less if someone uses it or not- but the anti crowd makes it sound like it so easy it’s cheating, that it’ll decimate the bass population, is not sporting-etc. none of this is true. Just say you don’t like looking down at a screen and that’s a fair argument.

And its every bit as ridiculous, and probably more prevalent on here, to say people are just old, poor or lazy if they dont think its good for the sport

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by boyd1002

And its every bit as ridiculous, and probably more prevalent on here, to say people are just old, poor or lazy if they dont think its good for the sport

I agree- I don’t think its good or bad, its just another thing if you want to use it.
Posted By: wabash2015

Re: Yes; you can use live to snag fish - 03/25/24 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
A told you so from Randy

Take a drink every time Randy says "spotlighting" in that video.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum