Texas Fishing Forum

Kyoya Fujita

Posted By: J.H.S.

Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 09:45 PM

Everyone always talks about Miliken, but this guy might be one of the best fisherman, and most technical fishermen on the planet.

10 Elite Series Tournaments
6 top tens
2 wins.

Once he figures out the shallow game, he might be one of the best to ever do it.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 09:55 PM

I noticed he watching today he only had 2 rods on deck. Talk about confidence in your game.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 10:17 PM

He knows how to catch fishing using ffs .
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 10:23 PM

What was supposed to be the secret that he kept hiding? Most of those Japanese are outstanding anglers.

And you can’t take away anything from Milliken, a 5th place finish is pretty dang impressive for fishing against some of the best in the world.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by J.H.S.
Everyone always talks about Miliken, but this guy might be one of the best fisherman, and most technical fishermen on the planet.

6 top tens
2 wins.

Once he figures out the shallow game, he might be one of the best to ever do it.

He is a legend in Japan.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by slim 285

How do you think he caught them on Seminole last year when he got second?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 10:34 PM

he's part of the broom that is sweeping the dead weight out of pro fishing
Posted By: Grasshopperglock

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 10:34 PM

I practice their casting style.

It's like they swing a pole like a sword.

Makes casting ultralight a little easier.

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
What was supposed to be the secret that he kept hiding? Most of those Japanese are outstanding anglers.

And you can’t take away anything from Milliken, a 5th place finish is pretty dang impressive for fishing against some of the best in the world.

The “I touch myself to pictures of Miliken” thread is on another page. This thread is about Fujita.
Posted By: Grasshopperglock

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 10:46 PM

roflmao
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B

I thought he won one last year?

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 10:55 PM

The “I touch myself to pictures of Miliken” thread is on another page. This thread is about Fujita.

roflmao
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 10:56 PM

His “secret” was he knew where 30 pounds was on the final day. Haha
Posted By: Mulejockey1

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 10:58 PM

6 top tens
2 wins.

Who said he can’t fish shallow?

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Originally Posted by Chris B

I thought he won one last year?

He did.

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mulejockey1

6 top tens
2 wins.

Who said he can’t fish shallow?

Considering he finished 100 and 79 on okeechobee and cooper last year I just assumed.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 11:02 PM

I can only imagine the amount of people scouring the internet for Deps Sacamata Shad..
Posted By: jh76

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 11:07 PM

Even the BASS broadcast is so desperate to cash in on his fame, they were bordering on disprespectful to the other competitors.

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 11:09 PM

You brought his name up first jock sniffer. It’s ok, we all know you stare at his poster on the wall.

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 11:14 PM

You brought his name up first jock sniffer. It’s ok, we all know you stare at his poster on the wall.

duel popcorn

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

duel popcorn

Oh there is nothing to duel over, just look at the other thread, Ol’ Joshy can’t resist a milliken thread.

And all of a sudden he is a Fujita fan… roflmao

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 11:22 PM

That doesn’t even make sense, at least come up with something good. But, since you’re such a Fujita fanboy now, how long have you followed him? You been practicing your FFS, since you love the technology?

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 11:25 PM

One post about a guy makes me a fanboy? What does that make you with your 5,000th post about your BF miliken?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 11:33 PM

roflmao

A+++ right there lol
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 11:36 PM

BEAST

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

How many bank beaters are gonna end up back in the opens trying to requalify pretty soon lol

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

How many bank beaters are gonna end up back in the opens trying to requalify pretty soon lol

They need to do away with all the legacy qualifiers as well if they didn't place in the money last season. Their just dead weight donors.

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/25/24 11:48 PM

A solid bet would be the over under on bank beaters making the top 25 on AOY..... I would set the number at 1.....
Posted By: Mulejockey1

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 12:06 AM

A solid bet would be the over under on bank beaters making the top 25 on AOY..... I would set the number at 1.....

John Cox? Because he is only one I know of that refuses ffs. Probably the best true angler in the world.

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 12:10 AM

I'd bet on nine.

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 12:10 AM

One post about a guy makes me a fanboy? What does that make you with your 5,000th post about your BF miliken?

Well, apparently it does, you brought him up and I just merely mentioned that he did pretty good against the best in the world. Seems to have set your PTSD off or something.

So you’re really a big fan of Fujita huh?

10 bank beaters, if that’s the number that’s supposed to be dumped this year.

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
I can only imagine the amount of people scouring the internet for Deps Sacamata Shad..

its... a fluke

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 01:14 AM

its... a fluke

I’m always inquisitive of what’s so secret, yeah, it’s a fluke. Don’t know why the guy was hiding it like he was. Maybe he had a special jighead or something. These guys could out fish me while using a peanut shell.

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 01:30 AM

its... a fluke

I’m always inquisitive of what’s so secret, yeah, it’s a fluke. Don’t know why the guy was hiding it like he was. Maybe he had a special jighead or something. These guys could out fish me while using a peanut shell.

The Japanese guys have always been the worst about this, not that others don't do the same but you gotta realize they come from a tiny island with over 1/3 the population of the United States and very few lakes. Go find the live from one of the last few Elite series events Takahiro Omori won, the exchange between him and his camera man trying to get a shot of his swimbait was kinda hilarious.
Posted By: LakeTylerMan

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 01:53 AM

They aren't dead weight. Think about this. In the top ten finishers, most fish they caught were spotted before they were cast to and caught. There were likely few surprises. That's crazy to me. I'm only at the point where I see the fish roaming. Not sure I'll ever be able target them.
Posted By: B.K.S.

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 02:06 AM

I'm going a little more on the high side of 5, yea 5 sounds about right! cool
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 02:14 AM

Fujita is AOY material. Just has to kill the couple of real low place finishes he had last year. He isn’t the type of guy who meets the “recruit someone you can beat criteria”. He is a serious stick. He will make a lot of Classics.
Posted By: T-Slab

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mulejockey1

John Cox? Because he is only one I know of that refuses ffs. Probably the best true angler in the world.

He won’t be for long for sure if he don’t get onboard. Change is inevitable, some just don’t like it!
Posted By: wanta10lbbass

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 02:28 AM

They need to do away with all the legacy qualifiers as well if they didn't place in the money last season. Their just dead weight donors.

Jorden Lee did just finish in the top 10.....
Clunn won a tournament just a few years ago. I like the Legacy clause, it's only 2 guys each season. These guys have earned it.

Fujita is legit, particularly when FFS is the best deal going in the event....if it's not, he's struggled. Not that he needs to, but I wonder if he's ever flipped a laydown or skipped a dock?! smile
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 12:36 PM

Live sonar could be beneficial pitching docks and lay downs.
He is 26 years old and has fished without live sonar.

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 01:41 PM

The young man can definitely fish. What we will see in the next couple of years is how adaptive he and some of the other youngsters are, because the bass are adaptive also. They survived all through the progression of electronics and will survive this also. Things have a tendency to come full circle and whatever ping or noise ffs gives off will soon be the fire alarm to them, which I believe has already started. And yes I have all the bells and whistles myself and no I’m no expert, still learning, so no jealousy here. “Now get off my lawn”! 😆

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by B.K.S.
The young man can definitely fish. What we will see in the next couple of years is how adaptive he and some of the other youngsters are, because the bass are adaptive also. They survived all through the progression of electronics and will survive this also. Things have a tendency to come full circle and whatever ping or noise ffs gives off will soon be the fire alarm to them, which I believe has already started. And yes I have all the bells and whistles myself and no I’m no expert, still learning, so no jealousy here. “Now get off my lawn”! 😆

He has been a force in Japan well before now. He has 6 Top 10s and 2 wins in 10 Elite events. I think it's safe to say he is for real. I imagine he has done a lot of adjusting and adapting already. He is doing it in a foreign country as well.
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 02:07 PM

Waiting for the "You need a Hydrowave to mask the pings of the FFS" thread LOL

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Big Swimbait

I suppose this would be a way to see if the hydro wave really works.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 04:44 PM

He has won infinity more than all of us in 10 events in the US, lol.

And some here question his abilities and actually throw insults at him.

I bet y'all listen to Tool

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 05:47 PM

He has 2 Century Belts too.

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Big Swimbait

I suppose this would be a way to see if the hydro wave really works.

Them things sure have disappeared fromt he front of boats
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 06:37 PM

He has won infinity more than all of us in 10 events in the US, lol.

And some here question his abilities and actually throw insults at him.

I bet y'all listen to Tool

roflmao
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 07:54 PM

6 top tens
2 wins.

Please leave the comedy to others, you need to stay focused on single handedly keeping the San Angelo, Brownwood and Ballinger area financially solvent by going out to eat at least two meals a week at various establishments as you have eluded to in the past. Your work is important.

Re: Kyoya Fujita - 02/26/24 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by emorydog

6 top tens
2 wins.

Please leave the comedy to others, you need to stay focused on single handedly keeping the San Angelo, Brownwood and Ballinger area financially solvent by going out to eat at least two meals a week at various establishments as you have eluded to in the past. Your work is important.

Just spent 4 days trying to help the Lake Fork economy. You’re welcome!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum