FISHING BOAT DOCKS!!! roflmao
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/20/24 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
FISHING BOAT DOCKS!!! roflmao

That’s exactly what I would think. Haha
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/20/24 07:57 PM

That is funny…too bad he isn’t a better fisherman he is usually fun to watch.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/20/24 09:08 PM

Love the hat and the fact Worldwide isn't afraid to say what he is thinking.

You know Boyd wants to take action but what can you do about "Fishing Boat Docks"............Genius.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/20/24 09:37 PM

Watson having a good day so far.

https://majorleaguefishing.com/events/2024-bass-pro-tour-stage-two-santee-cooper/scoretracker/
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/20/24 10:02 PM

So this is his let’s go Brandon chant? You think these guys would quit beating around the bush and just say what the deal is. Maybe he isn’t contractually allowed to?

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/20/24 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
So this is his let’s go Brandon chant? You think these guys would quit beating around the bush and just say what the deal is. Maybe he isn’t contractually allowed to?

I doubt he wants another 10k fine. Watson isn't known for beating around the Bush, I think his views are crystal clear.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/20/24 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by sprigsss
Love the hat and the fact Worldwide isn't afraid to say what he is thinking.

You know Boyd wants to take action but what can you do about "Fishing Boat Docks"............Genius.

5% of pretax revenue

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/20/24 10:30 PM

I doubt he wants another 10k fine. Watson isn't known for beating around the Bush, I think his views are crystal clear.

It’s exactly what he is doing though.
Posted By: Matt Webb

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 12:01 AM

He should have a camera boat to start the day Thursday

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 12:49 AM

Watson has stood up and spoke out against things in meetings and one on one for several years now. Let's not pretend he is a shrinking violet.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 01:08 AM

Ordered 2 of those. I can't stand "boat docks" lmao. Absolutely unequivocally despise him.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 02:00 AM

Watson sitting in 4th after BPT day one, kinda surprised to see him that high but he can catch them occasionally. Feel for Stefan, he is bombing out his first year, looks like he might be one and done, and Bertrand sure has been in slump too since last year.

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Watson has stood up and spoke out against things in meetings and one on one for several years now. Let's not pretend he is a shrinking violet.

👍👍I had no idea- I don’t follow it that close, was just commenting on the video.
Posted By: champRD

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 02:27 AM

Well also all the ( ding ) boys close together, imagine that. But they don't share practice info, lol. I guess if you're not worried about the polygraph you can do that.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by champRD
Well also all the ( ding ) boys close together, imagine that. But they don't share practice info, lol. I guess if you're not worried about the polygraph you can do that.

Is there a rule on sharing with the competition?
Posted By: Neal G

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001

roflmao
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 01:41 PM

JW is hilarious. Vids a couple weeks back of him driving his Mom were off the chain.

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 01:44 PM

The most I’ve ever been entertained watching fishing on TV was when JW was on that dock spoon bite.
I also love #FBD with a feathered trebled spoon.

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 02:47 PM

As someone who doesn’t know the back story- is it a specific thing he is upset about? I get that lots of people don’t like Duckett, etc. I’m just curious if it’s a specific thing. I just follow this stuff from a distance.
Posted By: GMTK

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 02:50 PM

Got fined $10k (this latest time) for things he said on a podcast.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 02:55 PM

Talked about the failed polygraphs and how it was swept under the rug in one podcast also.

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 03:06 PM

It's a pyramid scheme built on a foundation of smoke and mirrors, moving targets, and bs
They had a good formula for long term success, but got too greedy by making the fields much larger than the winning recipe could support.
That and the inconsistency of respecting rules/regulations/fish catching performance.
The successful format was one focused on entertainment, not pure sport competitiveness. Part of the reason the WWF is more prosperous than actual real Greco Roman NCAA wrestling.
You can't blend the two or the authenticity is lost.
WWF fans understand that the priority is entertainment, not who is the actual best wrestler. When you try to blend the two (XFL/different fishing formats) it just doesn't work on a large scale. It only works when the focus is on the most entertaining personalities. Macho Man and Hogan were not the best wrestlers, but they were the most entertaining on camera.

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 03:21 PM

As someone who doesn’t know the back story- is it a specific thing he is upset about? I get that lots of people don’t like Duckett, etc. I’m just curious if it’s a specific thing. I just follow this stuff from a distance.

Its worth the watch https://youtu.be/IZDJB6MYqns?si=x8pIJvcUwnKYkSW3
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 03:25 PM

The Zaldain podcast with the polygraph guy was a pretty good listen. Really throws shade at the ding idiots and their ring leaders. It is a good ole boy organization. If you are the "In Crowd" you won't be touched, if you have integrity, you're an outcast.

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Any Podcast with Watson is usually worth the listen.

I believe it was the Podcast with Luke Dunkin that got him fined.

He basically called out MLF for making promises that they didn't keep. James felt that the guys that left other trails to join BPT deserved a little more than to have the field cut almost in half a few years in.

Also in a cup event he finished 5th, but got word someone above him failed a polygraph. So he thought he was going to get to fish the final day, but somehow it got swept under the rug.

There have been quite a few questionable decisions made by Boyd and those in power.

One that I thought was most interesting is a guy that was caught cheating, was basically fined.

I believe it was Zack Birge had an awful first day in one of the events so made the decision that he was going to skip day 2 and go fish a different event, possibly an Open in an attempt to qualify for the classic. Basically he was told he would get a fine and a suspension. Leaving the tournament early, ONLY affects his AOY points, where cheating affects everyone you are competing with.

Yet the penalty for cheating was a fine and a DQ, while the penalty for leaving early would have been a fine and a suspension.

Zach discusses that with Chris and Trait on another Podcast that is worth the listen IMO.

So because James spoke about these discrepancies Boyd chose to fine him $10k. Didn't really see anything where Watson "slandered" BPT, seemed to be speaking from actual personal experiences.

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 04:29 PM

Thank you
Posted By: Collindave

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
Originally Posted by champRD

Is there a rule on sharing with the competition?

there is not
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 07:22 PM

All major trails are now essentially TEAM events anyway. Those houses full of guys and buddies camping together share information, give each other baits, they tell what bait, depths, locations, let them fish the holes they are in, and tell them where other spots to go to. So if you’re not in a clique you got a lot to overcome on the water and financially.

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/21/24 09:24 PM

Thank you

actually sprigsss is right, your really want the story from the beginning start here, quite a bunch of foul language in this one, he goes scorched earth on MLF https://youtu.be/cfBihSzXKmk?si=bOdDdqIHzaP-JSE3
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by emorydog
All major trails are now essentially TEAM events anyway. Those houses full of guys and buddies camping together share information, give each other baits, they tell what bait, depths, locations, let them fish the holes they are in, and tell them where other spots to go to. So if you’re not in a clique you got a lot to overcome on the water and financially.

This is how I imagine it is, and how I think it should be. JW and DC are finding fish and figuring out how to get them on the scale. They look like they are having fun with it.

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 02:22 PM

Does Watson have a camera this morning? I watch a little and never saw him.
Posted By: rickys

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 02:25 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I have looked over there a couple times to check, and nothing. I'm guessing no camera.

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 02:46 PM

Does Watson have a camera this morning? I watch a little and never saw him.

Supposedly he does. He confirmed it on his social media.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 03:03 PM

when today is over with,does anyone think that he will go over and thank Boyd Duckett for having the vision and the financial ability to create a tournament trail/TV show which has given him the opportunity(and exposure for his sponsors) to be seen on TV fishing a tournament. He should....

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 03:39 PM

Certainly; but one may be thankful, critical, and comical at the same time.

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap
when today is over with,does anyone think that he will go over and thank Boyd Duckett for having the vision and the financial ability to create a tournament trail/TV show which has given him the opportunity(and exposure for his sponsors) to be seen on TV fishing a tournament. He should....

You got yourself a real BD man crush.

Watson won a BASS Open and an FLW Tour event without help from BD. Also perhaps MLF should be thanking the anglers for their financial contributions, taking a chance on losing their careers to a start up league and for standing by BPT desire a ton of constant changes and uncertaintym
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 04:12 PM

Watson won a BASS Open and an FLW Tour event without help from BD. Also perhaps MLF should be thanking the anglers for their financial contributions, taking a chance on losing their careers to a start up league and for standing by BPT desire a ton of constant changes and uncertaintym

since you mentioned it,Boyd duckett and the other owners of MLF did save FLW and and the opportunity for thousands of weekend fishermen to have a shot at the All-American.....
speaking of man crushes,why don't you go on Duckets,ott defoe, jacob wheeler,andy morgan,edwin evers,dustin connells,wesley straders and alton jones jr &Sr. webpages and explain to them what a terrible mistake you think it is to have have a tournament trail that shares the TV,advertising and venue revenue with their members and how several hundred hours of TV exposure is not important to fishermen and their sponsors....

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 04:18 PM

since you mentioned it,Boyd duckett and the other owners of MLF did save FLW and and the opportunity for thousands of weekend fishermen to have a shot at the All-American.....
speaking of man crushes,why don't you go on Duckets,ott defoe, jacob wheeler,andy morgan,edwin evers,dustin connells,wesley straders and alton jones jr &Sr. webpages and explain to them what a terrible mistake you think it is to have have a tournament trail that shares the TV,advertising and venue revenue with their members and how several hundred hours of TV exposure is not important to fishermen and their sponsors....

You are assuming that I think they made a terrible mistake. They are just trying to fish for a living and live out a dream. Those guys you mentioned are good guys so why would I have an issue with their decisions? It's their life.ive never wish BPT to fail. Some really good people there.

The thanking BD stuff is a bit weird but you do you. cheers

Posted By: Strugglebus

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 04:50 PM

Watson just caught a 6.2 on a spinnerbait!

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 04:53 PM

cheers

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 04:59 PM

LOL BD needs to go thank Watson for the eyeballs he is bringing to MLF today

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 05:06 PM

Watching both BASS and BPT off and on today. The guys who are throwing moving baits like Hackney, Watson, etc are getting more coverage. That would seem to be a good thing for sponsors. Maybe that is another way to have guys get away from the FFS boring style of fishing. Maybe sponsors will put a little pressure on them.

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 05:08 PM

The BPT certainly made it possible for more fisherman to make a career out of fishing.

I don't want it to fail as I enjoy following several anglers on that tour.

However, I think there have been lots of questionable decisions for various reasons along the way.

I believe they had a method in place to qualify for the BPT. I also believe some anglers met the qualification standards, but then the rules were changed and they didn't get to move up to the BPT.

Did they have failed polygraphs that were swept under the rug? Although in the podcast mentioned above with Zaldain and the Polygraph expert, an inconclusive Polygraph does not imply a failed polygraph.

Why are the penalties for missing a tournament more severe than cheating in a tournament?

One of the biggest factors that brought a lot of guys over was the anglers were going to have a say. Do the anglers really have a say in a lot of these changes? According to the anglers, no. So there were lots of promises made that were broken as well.

The BPT has certainly done some things right, but they have also done quite a few things wrong.
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 07:51 PM

I have not been watching. Are they giving Watson any air time?

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 08:11 PM

some. they showed his 6lbdr.

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/22/24 08:40 PM

Watson lives rent free in Boyds head

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/24/24 04:50 AM

https://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/23197/Duckett-Fishing-announces-podcast-launch
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/24/24 05:17 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wanta10lbbass

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/24/24 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
[Linked Image]

That's so awesome.

MLF should fire Boyd (I know Boyd basically owns it), have Watson run the deal, and then I think they might have something

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/24/24 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by wanta10lbbass
Originally Posted by Douglas J
[Linked Image]

That's so awesome.

MLF should fire Boyd (I know Boyd basically owns it), have Watson run the deal, and then I think they might have something

Watson doesn’t have any soft skills so it would fail- I have no idea if Boyd does either- just saying.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Lets Go Duckett - 02/24/24 08:45 PM

Watson lives rent free in Boyds head

Appears to be the other way around
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum