Texas Fishing Forum

Milliken Does It Again

Posted By: nfhbass

Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 02:34 AM

https://youtu.be/UagZ5t5dGIk

The only thing this guy does is win.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 03:00 AM

He's letting Uncle Randy get under his skin.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
He's letting Uncle Randy get under his skin.

I think he enjoys it actually.

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 03:48 AM

I think he’s got steady money coming in from the fishing industry. Tournament money, YouTube money, 6th sense money. Non-endemic State Farm money.

No doubt he’s enjoying it.
Posted By: James Walston

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 11:53 AM

Well, if you watch the Zaldain podcast with Randy, you'll hear Randy talking about negative and mean/vulgar comments on his videos and at the end of the podcast his advice is for people to just be nice to each other. Then watch the Milliken video, and Ben screenshots where Randy himself is leaving vulgar comments about Ben, saying, "He's a Dbananack". Kinda hypocritical, but, Randy is a liberal.
Posted By: Bassjiggin1955

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 12:17 PM

Some how I think they'll both get over it if not [Linked Image]
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 02:30 PM

What did he do and what did he win?
Posted By: prosise

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 02:53 PM

Good video as always. I commend anyone who shares videos of actually fishing. I don't want to watch someone talking about something without showing real world results.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bassjiggin1955
Some how I think they'll both get over it if not [Linked Image]

Was listening to a sports talk radio show yesterday and they say some fans in KC have started calling her Yoko Swifto... Dan roflmao
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 06:57 PM

A guy who got into fishing because he found out he could make more money from his videos than he could in a real job..........makes another video.
This controversy plays into both Ben and Randy's source of income.

We will only see if it has any impact once FFS becomes the norm and over several years. Its just too new and not enough people are using it to know now. Just wait till the cost drops off so the meat fishermen start using it.

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 07:03 PM

The guy clearly understands the fishing industry today better than everyone on her combined. He puts out good videos, understands the business end of it, and he knows how to fish. The guy can fish with or wo ffs.

I bet putting out another video is way better than the “real jobs” most of
Us on here have.

Everyone on here, including me, is jealous of what he’s got going on. Whether you are willing to admit it or not…
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1
A guy who got into fishing because he found out he could make more money from his videos than he could in a real job..........makes another video.

We will only see if it has any impact once FFS becomes the norm and over several years. Its just too new and not enough people are using it to know now. Just wait till the cost drops off so the meat fishermen start using it.

How cheap does I have to get? It’s already less than $999. It’s less expensive then the rods and reels I use. roflmao
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

How cheap does I have to get? It’s already less than $999. It’s less expensive then the rods and reels I use. roflmao

I have no clue. Cost is a big factor but who uses it and more important when they use it and what for.
Fish caught and eaten is more telling than those that catch, take a picture and return the fish to the water.
Catching fish in the summer might also affect it too since any fish caught in the summer has more stress.

I'm purely guessing but if crappie fishermen started using it more you'd think that would show something in fewer years. I've never seen a crappie fisherman who was into releasing them.

There is a lot to it and the real test is fish counts over numerous years.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 08:29 PM

Just looking back over FFS it sure seems crappie anglers embraced it well before bass fishermen did. I would think at this at least a month tournament anglers at any level that over 50% are using it. I couldn't venture a guess in regards to recreational bass anglers but I bet the amount using it is significant and could be approaching 50%

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 08:48 PM

A few years back, ice fishing, I had my sonar going and I could tell fish were nervous around it (I could see them darting off when I looked down the hole) I shut my sonar off, and fish were literally coming up to the surface in my hole.

That opened my eyes.

Ever since, if I know I’m around fish, I shut everything off. I know some do this. But I think most just go ahead and leave all their graphs on. I think that’s about the worst thing a guy can do. Especially as fish become more and more weary of FFS.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 09:07 PM

This is a post that is dated about 4 years. Meat fishermen already have it. I bet 9 of 10 crappie boats have FFS and probably 7.5 to 8 of 10 bass boats have it as well.

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/27/23 09:12 PM

I will say it’s quite profound when a guy like David Fritts says he can’t get them on a crank anymore ….
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/28/23 01:20 AM

If the livescope debbie downers theories are true then the fish will be pushed back to the bank next season biting nothing but jigs and square bills.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/28/23 01:50 AM

Is he wearing eye liner?

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/28/23 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
If the livescope debbie downers theories are true then the fish will be pushed back to the bank next season biting nothing but jigs and square bills.

This is what I keep thinking!
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/28/23 02:49 AM

My thoughts exactly! roflmao
Posted By: pchapin

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/28/23 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by nfhbass
I will say it’s quite profound when a guy like David Fritts says he can’t get them on a crank anymore ….

An old guy not longer catching fish the same way he used to, something we have seen before, I think.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/28/23 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Gungle

When you consider inflation its probably cheaper than the si units when they came out and this is much easier to use and read.

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/28/23 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by pchapin
Originally Posted by nfhbass

An old guy not longer catching fish the same way he used to, something we have seen before, I think.

I hear ya, but I heard him talking like even outside of tournaments, going fishing on his home lake, he was saying fish are relating different to structure and he’s catching less on cranks. No doubt old age could have something to do with it.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/28/23 04:42 PM

Pl

please tell me where I can buy a garmin and livescope transducer for 999 and how big is screen?

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/28/23 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by basscaster46
Pl

please tell me where I can buy a garmin and livescope transducer for 999 and how big is screen?

I just sold a Garmin 1022 and an LVS32 trandsducer and GLS10 for $1100. You can find some smoking deals right now since many are upgrading to LVS34. You can get brand new touch screen Garmin 12" units for less than $1500 right now too. You can get into a LVS34 and 12" Garmin for $2500-2700 if you shop around a bit and wait on a deal.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/28/23 05:26 PM

Clickbait. Both Milliken and Randy have figured out how to get the views they need on youtube and people keep playing right in to it
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 02:21 PM

I think back to the days when I got my first flasher. I was excited to be able to use it to find fish.

Technology advances and we move with it. Rotary phone to I phone you get it and adjust and learn how to use it.

Side imagining was the same thing everyone said I will catch more fish now that I can find everyones brush piles. To funny.

I enjoy watching FFS but I can tell you it can slow down a day of catching as well. I have some days I just turn it off and go fishing.

I have caught many of fish before FFS so I just do what I do.

I agree it can be a valuable tool to catch but even better to see if anything is in the area before you even cast which can save time on the water.

To each is his own choice . IMO
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 04:17 PM

I remember when cars started coming out with airbags. Everyone complained about deployment - busted my nose, fills car with smoke, broke my finger, etc, etc.
Today - I get asked "why didn't my airbag go off? I could have been injured!"
Today - there are cars that correct you when you change lanes without a blinker, slow your car on cruise when you get to close to the car in front of you, auto-park, auto-dimming lights, vibrate the seats if you look away from the road, actually will "drive" for you on the highway, etc, etc.
Is all that allowing younger drivers to all become NASCAR or F1 drivers equivalent?
I work in a body shop - I can guarantee that all these advancements have not caused my business to slow down at all.

I don't think FFS is going to kill fishing either.
Embrace or don't embrace the technology - it's not going to stop coming.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 04:23 PM

A bit more than that, but it’s new. BPS has the 93 (9”) for $699 and the 106 (10”) for $999, the lvs32 is around $999. They were having a 15% sale on Mondays. I ended up buying a 106 for $850”ish” and the lvs34 came out to about $1400.

I know it’s expensive, but the lvs34 is worth the extra money over the lvs32. But, the lvs32 gets you in the game.

And as mentioned, used saves quite a bit more.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 04:28 PM

Disliked and unsubscribed.
Posted By: shanetx

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 05:43 PM

As a baseball fan I get the argument about purity of the sport. The sport is throwing a ball and hitting it with a wood bat. One day there are going to be shoes that will have some built in technology to make you jump 3 feet higher ( i don't mean modern shoe tech - we are talking mechanical or whatever invention of the time) - There is going to be a glove that senses the ball and maybe moves the players hand a bit for the perfect catch. Sunglasses that locate the ball with a sensor. Guy with a mechanical arm etc etc.

Technology is great but the sport is the sport that was thought of 100 years ago.

Everyone liked MJ cause he could jump and dunk, same with lebron for that matter. - I don't want to watch some rich kid use a laser guided basketball. I want to see the kid / guy who grinded it out, practices - learned a hard craft. Cream of the crop.

Now its getting water down? A sport you can buy your way into. I thought it was awesome years ago watching a fishing show - the guys were like magicians finding fish with knowledge and catching them with skill.

On a more personal note this is why I like fishing, the excitement of IF something is where I think it is based on my knowledge and past experiences. I cant fathom getting any enjoyment out of casting with FFS knowing what is there - finding it is fishing thats the entire point.

There reaches a point where the sport has to maintain its point - finding fish / catching fish - You cant find a machine doing half the sport....

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 05:49 PM

or lets just take the throwing out of baseball - everyone launches the ball with a machine - kids never have to learn throwing only hitting - now we dont get the best throwers in the world

sadly now we don't get the best fishermen in the word, we only get guys good at catching - not finding - if you want to enjoy half a sport good for you i guess - go watch guys on a baseball diamond launch balls with a rocket - go watch guys on a basketball game where the ball dribbles itself and shoes launch a 4 foot guy to the rim for a dunk.

i want to watch guys find fish.. i want to watch guys use muscle and practice and god given skill to dunk, I want to watch some dude make a pin point throw from center field to home plate for an out. i want to watch guys find fish. These are sports I enjoy.

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 05:52 PM

lets be real I can get my 3 year old ontop of some bluegill and he can catch fish all day.

My kid thinks Its cool that I find fish in the big lake - Sad some kids will grow with dads that cant find fish. Another screen for a kid to idolize instead of their father.

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by shanetx
lets be real I can get my 3 year old ontop of some bluegill and he can catch fish all day.

My kid thinks Its cool that I find fish in the big lake - Sad some kids will grow with dads that cant find fish. Another screen for a kid to idolize instead of their father.

If your kid is idolizing a screen then you have far more serious issues than FFS and Milliken.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 06:25 PM

Feels like I just watched A River Runs Through It and Field Of Dreams back to back.

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 06:45 PM

So have you actually used it..... and do you use si or di...... or do you just go casting willy nilly down the bank.
Posted By: OkAce

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
Feels like I just watched A River Runs Through It and Field Of Dreams back to back.

Lol you rascal

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Sad some kids will grow with dads that cant find fish. Another screen for a kid to idolize instead of their father.

If your kid is idolizing a screen then you have far more serious issues than FFS and Milliken.

I said some kids not mine, and i don't know who milliken is, is he a character from that new barbie movie?

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

So have you actually used it..... and do you use si or di...... or do you just go casting willy nilly down the bank.

I have it was neat - not for me. I work in the tech industry - I fish to get away from screens.

My boat has SI and DI - I use the DI to make sure I don't hit stumps and find ledges. I have not used the SI outside of testing it to make sure it worked when I got the boat.

I guess to the uneducated it may appear that people fishing without a screen are "casting willy nilly' down the bank but I assure you with a little time and effort you too can understand the art of fishing as your father and his before did it for thousands of years. Ray Scott just casting willy nilly roflmao in the 70s like a champ.

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 07:47 PM

And Hoosiers. I dropped some basketball in there too let's not forget.

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

A bit more than that, but it’s new. BPS has the 93 (9”) for $699 and the 106 (10”) for $999, the lvs32 is around $999. They were having a 15% sale on Mondays. I ended up buying a 106 for $850”ish” and the lvs34 came out to about $1400.

I know it’s expensive, but the lvs34 is worth the extra money over the lvs32. But, the lvs32 gets you in the game.

And as mentioned, used saves quite a bit more.

I was talking about AT1. It’s as low as $899….new. It works with all HDS screens made in the last decade. No need to buy a Pro or Live…Carbon will suffice.
In about 5 minutes of “googling”, I have found an entire setup for $800. AT1 and 7” Carbon.

It ain’t expensive. It’s definitely in the meat hunters budget.

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 09:03 PM

I have it was neat - not for me. I work in the tech industry - I fish to get away from screens.

My boat has SI and DI - I use the DI to make sure I don't hit stumps and find ledges. I have not used the SI outside of testing it to make sure it worked when I got the boat.

I guess to the uneducated it may appear that people fishing without a screen are "casting willy nilly' down the bank but I assure you with a little time and effort you too can understand the art of fishing as your father and his before did it for thousands of years. Ray Scott just casting willy nilly roflmao in the 70s like a champ.

Hell bust out the cane pole while you are at it. Nobody really gives a [censored]
Posted By: Jezreel

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 09:14 PM

Now THAT was Funny! ! ! roflmao
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 09:34 PM

What’s funnier is rj just admitted he has watched A River Runs Through it.

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 10:04 PM

Sad some kids will grow with dads that cant find fish. Another screen for a kid to idolize instead of their father.

I said some kids not mine, and i don't know who milliken is, is he a character from that new barbie movie?

Sure you don't know who is, sure you don't.... yes......yet you find yourself posting on a thread clearly titled about the guy. I bet chances are good you own product from companies he owns or has ownership in as well. grin

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/29/23 10:48 PM

Sure you don't know who is, sure you don't.... yes......yet you find yourself posting on a thread clearly titled about the guy. I bet chances are good you own product from companies he owns or has ownership in as well. grin

[Linked Image]

I’ve never heard of the MF-er either…..and I sure didn’t use FFS to get paid that day.
Posted By: Quillback

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 12/30/23 10:58 AM

I tell you, that inspires an idea - create a lure and name it the "Willy Nilly", then you can go down the bank casting Willy Nilly.

Re: Milliken Does It Again - 01/03/24 01:59 PM

I got an idea - let's do a case study. Someone rigg my boat with latest FFS and let's see if I can catch more fish in a 30 day period. PS I get to keep the setup : )
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum