Texas Fishing Forum

Dragonflies!!??

Posted By: ksalmon

Dragonflies!!?? - 10/18/23 01:01 AM

Does anyone have any good ideas for fishing with a dragonfly imitation? I’ve tried the Lunkerhunt version and just had absolutely no luck with them…extremely hard to cast…not floating correctly.

The bass in the lake I go to have just been jumping left and right for them…most are the blue ones but there are some of the brown ones as well. Also saw the ones Ken Daubert makes but they start at $50 each.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Dragonflies!!?? - 10/18/23 02:01 AM

Small black buzz bait
Posted By: HMack94

Re: Dragonflies!!?? - 10/18/23 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by ksalmon
Does anyone have any good ideas for fishing with a dragonfly imitation? I’ve tried the Lunkerhunt version and just had absolutely no luck with them…extremely hard to cast…not floating correctly.

The bass in the lake I go to have just been jumping left and right for them…most are the blue ones but there are some of the brown ones as well. Also saw the ones Ken Daubert makes but they start at $50 each.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Gee...20eL-gQMVmg6zAB2uAQvIEAQYDiABEgIyxfD_BwE
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Dragonflies!!?? - 10/18/23 12:28 PM

River2Sea used to make one just like this. I've got one although I've never fished it lol.
https://www.amazon.com/HAPYLY-Artif...eoMz_gQMVIRDnCh1CLgqLEAQYBSABEgKS1PD_BwE
Posted By: Strugglebus

Re: Dragonflies!!?? - 10/18/23 01:33 PM

i have had a lot of luck with a clear double prop (Devilhorse style) when they are chasing dragonflies. I just shake it, not really moving it, and they will come up and get it. Especially on clear lakes like Amistad.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Dragonflies!!?? - 10/18/23 07:22 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Get yourself a slingshot and some BBs and get your own thumb
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Dragonflies!!?? - 10/18/23 08:14 PM

I let them fly around and land on me or things on the boat. Amazing little critters.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Dragonflies!!?? - 10/18/23 11:54 PM

My wifes spirit animal, has a couple tattooed on her. When I see them fishing I think she is watching me!!!
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Dragonflies!!?? - 10/19/23 01:28 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paps

Re: Dragonflies!!?? - 10/19/23 12:16 PM

Just paint a buzz bait to match the colors of the dragon fly.
Posted By: pocfishin

Re: Dragonflies!!?? - 10/19/23 12:23 PM

Cool photo of damselflies, Scoundrel.
Damselflies fold their wings back over their body when resting versus dragonflies who are unable to do this.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Dragonflies!!?? - 10/19/23 01:48 PM

[Linked Image]

remember some great days fishing as a kid when the dragon flies were out.. clear water tanks in west texas.. freelined minnows were my go to bait.. roflmao
Posted By: 361V

Re: Dragonflies!!?? - 10/19/23 09:16 PM

I’m not an Entomologist(bug guy) but I see the small baby blue dragonflies on the water more than any other dragonflies. This is what I catch ‘em on but they are on a #12 fly hook…and I’m throwing it on a fly rod! Trout, bluegills, little bass….I guess I’m more of an Entomologist than I was this morning since scoundrel cleared it up for us. They are damselflies and not dragonflies? Who knew? 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️😁[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Dragonflies!!?? - 10/20/23 01:16 AM

I couldn't believe how many dragon flies where flying around last Saturday.
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Dragonflies!!?? - 10/21/23 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kisndismis
My wifes spirit animal, has a couple tattooed on her. When I see them fishing I think she is watching me!!!

Very cool, just had to share a singer Kelly Lang that I follow her new song just released hope you both enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GuVVbNlZG8

Debra cool
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum