Texas Fishing Forum

Edge Rods Epitome

Posted By: Ibock

Edge Rods Epitome - 03/28/23 07:21 PM

I was wondering if anyone had fished 1 of these new rods
Posted By: russb

Re: Edge Rods Epitome - 03/29/23 03:50 PM

Mine got delivered and is waiting on when I get back from south Texas.
Posted By: Ironworker

Re: Edge Rods Epitome - 03/29/23 09:55 PM

I ordered some but have not received any word on them. The only reason I bought them was after talking to Gary and showing me the video of rod not breaking till it had 42 lbs of weight hanging on it.

Re: Edge Rods Epitome - 03/29/23 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ironworker
I ordered some but have not received any word on them. The only reason I bought them was after talking to Gary and showing me the video of rod not breaking till it had 42 lbs of weight hanging on it.

Well that is impressive

Re: Edge Rods Epitome - 03/31/23 10:48 PM

Just got my hands on mine, ordered on 9/19/22. Extremely light weight, showing 80g on my scale, or 2.9 oz. First impression is even thought it says MH, I would label it more a M+. Loaded the backbone really starts to take over about 24” down from the tip. Waiting on the new reel for it to come, so no idea right now how it’s going to balance out or the sensitivity.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Edge Rods Epitome - 03/31/23 11:59 PM

Are these the $500 rods or the $300 rods?
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Edge Rods Epitome - 04/01/23 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ibock

Who is making them?
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Edge Rods Epitome - 04/01/23 12:26 AM

I have a few Edge rods I bought a couple of years ago. Look like they were assembled by a drunk monkey. Customer service sucks too.

Re: Edge Rods Epitome - 04/01/23 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin

Who is making them?

Edge Rods…Gary Loomis

Re: Edge Rods Epitome - 04/01/23 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Are these the $500 rods or the $300 rods?

When they are out stock they say 500 but when the are in stock they say 300

Re: Edge Rods Epitome - 04/01/23 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by russb
Just got my hands on mine, ordered on 9/19/22. Extremely light weight, showing 80g on my scale, or 2.9 oz. First impression is even thought it says MH, I would label it more a M+. Loaded the backbone really starts to take over about 24” down from the tip. Waiting on the new reel for it to come, so no idea right now how it’s going to balance out or the sensitivity.

Do you think they would be good for weightless senko? Also please report back when you have fished them. I am very curious.

Re: Edge Rods Epitome - 04/01/23 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by russb

Do you think they would be good for weightless senko? Also please report back when you have fished them. I am very curious.

For sure it would make a good finess jig weightless Texas rig rod.

Re: Edge Rods Epitome - 04/05/23 10:49 PM

Fished with some on Monday, even though says 3/16-3/4 lure rating, 3/8 seems to be its sweet spot. Throws a 5/16 jig well too. The tip I think is to soft for much heavier than that. Action on the rod reminds me a lot of the Poison Adrena jerkbait rod. Paired with a steez tw it’s very light in the hand. I think it can make a good rod for lighter jigs, weightless soft plastics and even smaller jerkbaits. As far a sensitivity, I don’t think it’s anymore sensitive than their x-ray blanks, just lighter.
Posted By: k2rider83

Re: Edge Rods Epitome - 04/06/23 05:06 PM

I've used them for about a year and a half now and will be slowly upgrading over the next few seasons. I have three of the FSS; Spinning DSR 6'10", 733 casting, 767 xh, and a BWS 734. Personally, I think the first strike series is on par with a GLX sensitivity, the black widow series I own is definitely more sensitive and IMO comparable to an NRX or just slightly below it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum