Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Powell

Posted By: Rescue Fire

Lake Powell - 02/16/23 10:40 PM

Anybody ever fished it for bass? Was it amazing?
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Lake Powell - 02/17/23 12:18 AM

can't comment on the fishing but Monument valley,arches natl. park and couple others are some of most beautiful desert scenery that you will ever see nearby.....
Posted By: Fishcharmer

Re: Lake Powell - 02/17/23 01:55 PM

Yes it is amazing!! Beyond words or pictures imo...Most of it is incredibly remote and rugged and only accessible by H2O. When it's full there is more than 2200 miles of shoreline.. I've been on numerous houseboat trips with either other couples or guys trips and always hate to leave!! Also fished a few tournaments over the years when I was living in Colorado..You can catch all the stripers you want...anchovies dropped down in the shadows of 500 ' cliffs is pretty cool and non stop action...As for the bass..there are plenty of 1-2.5 lbs smallies, spots and largemouth to keep you busy . The water is usually very clear and best lures for me have been tubes , Yamamoto twin tail grubs and dropshot... When not fishing there are plenty of Indian ruins to check out and short hiking trails in every canyon. We would rent a house boat either out of Waweap Marina in Arizona or Bullfrog Marina in Utah and drag the fishing boats and toys behind to a beach of our choosing...anchor the houseboat and let the fun begin!..
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Powell - 02/17/23 02:03 PM

too close to commifornia
Posted By: Halfbent

Re: Lake Powell - 02/17/23 02:06 PM

Yes, it's amazing. The fishing can be outstanding, very little pressure. The bass aren't as big (lake record is just over 10 lbs), but the action can get furious and the lake is huge.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Lake Powell - 02/17/23 02:24 PM

never got to fish it but we ended our colorado river raft trips at bullfrog marina.

guy on the lake had a 30' aluminum center console with a drop front, load all our gear and people and boat ride most of the length of the lake.

he had some good power in the boat, pr. of in/outs and it could easily do 50+ loaded.
Posted By: FishOrGolf

Re: Lake Powell - 02/17/23 03:33 PM

You let team politics keep you from fishing a place you would otherwise want to fish?

Man, I gave up all things politics when my friends and family all became experts on every topic.

I enjoy life now.

Maybe give letting go a shot for awhile. It works.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Lake Powell - 02/17/23 03:47 PM

I've fished it one...the stripers on that lake are huge!!!

You can find little pockets off the main river to fish. Flip tubes, craws, or drop shot Roboworms.
Posted By: JSamH

Re: Lake Powell - 02/17/23 06:54 PM

Love Lake Powell. Took the whole tour of the lake. News articles currently discussing the water shortage out west. Some are even calling for Powell to be "shut down" as a water source for the southwest. Water at an all time low. Bad news. Beautiful place.
Posted By: TxSwimbaiter

Re: Lake Powell - 02/18/23 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by JSamH
Love Lake Powell. Took the whole tour of the lake. News articles currently discussing the water shortage out west. Some are even calling for Powell to be "shut down" as a water source for the southwest. Water at an all time low. Bad news. Beautiful place.

Pretty much
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum