Texas Fishing Forum

Bassmaster Classic

Posted By: Douglas J

Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 03:29 PM

No chatter about the most prestigious title in the land?

Lets Go Lee!!!!!

#LFG
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 03:33 PM

Bassmaster Classic? its MLF or nothing... you googan!
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
No chatter about the most prestigious title in the land?

Lets Go Lee!!!!!

#LFG

I was looking for a thread earlier this morning and never seen one... I was like hmmm, guess no one is watching besides me lol
Zona and whose the other guy, tommy sanders? Man, the commentating is annoying!!

Good to see they are locating LMB though and not just spots.
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 04:28 PM

Been watching. It’s been a good one so far.

Boy I do get tired of watching zaldain and his swim baits. It would be different if he was gonna win…..

An Oklahoma boy through the opens is doing well. That’s the great part of the classic. There is always a chase I’ll be it small chance that the under dog wins the big one.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 04:31 PM

Meh
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Used2fish

Boy I do get tired of watching zaldain and his swim baits. It would be different if he was gonna win…..

An Oklahoma boy through the opens is doing well. That’s the great part of the classic. There is always a chase I’ll be it small chance that the under dog wins the big one.

With the split leagues a dark horse definitely has a better shot to win than in the past just like Chris Jones last year.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 04:58 PM

So true on Zaldain. Looks like the swimbait is working today, but I don't think it ever works three days in a row. He's like watching an addict. Even though he knows there are days that he just needs to put the swim bait down and survive, he can't do it. No telling how many events that guy could have won if he could have just accepted that the swim bait wasn't the deal for that particular day, and just go get a respectable limit doing something else.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower

So true on Zaldain. Looks like the swimbait is working today, but I don't think it ever works three days in a row. He's like watching an addict. Even though he knows there are days that he just needs to put the swim bait down and survive, he can't do it. No telling how many events that guy could have won if he could have just accepted that the swim bait wasn't the deal for that particular day, and just go get a respectable limit doing something else.

Rojas used to do the same thing with the frog, it cost him winning many events.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by JoshMan734
Bassmaster Classic? its MLF or nothing... you googan!

I’d prefer to watch the organization that does not put a measly price tag on cheating making it an option. But you do you.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 05:52 PM

Ooops that Jared Miller is a federation guy!
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 06:23 PM

Greg Hackney using a spinning rod, it is a sign of the end of times... loco
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 06:40 PM

I didn’t realize it started today, I was thinking tomorrow for some reason. bang
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 08:12 PM

I agree completely! I miss the days where he would try to be versatile (and even embrace finesse fishing) to try to win. I'm tired of his "swinging for the fences"
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 08:47 PM

Go Steve Kennedy. Be nice to see him finally get one
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 09:27 PM

he was chucking a big spoon when he lost that heartbreaker a couple/few years ago. I doubt he's forcefeeding a swimbait. Fishing swimbaits isnt a numbers game...and he might think chucking the swim will get him the bites he needs to win. You know everyone gunning for this one....cant see force feeding baits being something these guys would at this tourney.
Posted By: Richard C

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 09:48 PM

I'm pulling for Swindle...
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 11:42 PM

Today was the most packed I have ever seen the Expo on a Friday. Been to a lot of Classics but never seen a Friday like this one. It's a buying crowd too.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/04/22 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Today was the most packed I have ever seen the Expo on a Friday. Been to a lot of Classics but never seen a Friday like this one. It's a buying crowd too.

good to hear that Mark
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Slide_R

Is he flipping a Hack Attack jig???????
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 02:05 AM

Im pulling for Kennedy, Hack, Martin, or Swindle. I watched a good bit today had the Ipad on it while working most of today. Kept telling people who called me " your interrupting my fishing TV" they know how much I love the sport!
Posted By: 361V

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Rojas used to do the same thing with the frog, it cost him winning many events.
Bad comparison. Rojas has won more tournaments than Zaldain. Way more.
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 03:11 AM

Say hi to Big ‘O from me. thumb

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 03:19 AM

I’m pulling for Wheeler, J Lee and Otter.
Posted By: ETXFishin

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 03:34 AM

LETS GO GGGGGG!!!!!!!!
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Darin S.

rolleyes I planned to watch both today, mostly the Classic but ended up probably 50/50 since MLF was still going after BASS went off the air. Bassmaster needs to reign in their commercial time, its just too much and makes it hard to continuously watch.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by SC-001

rolleyes I planned to watch both today, mostly the Classic but ended up probably 50/50 since MLF was still going after BASS went off the air. Bassmaster needs to reign in their commercial time, its just too much and makes it hard to continuously watch.

Hack, Christie, and Gman couldn’t compete in MLF. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP my arse.
Posted By: kcb

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 05:00 AM

Is the Classic on TV? Doesn’t seem to be tomorrow. Maybe the finals on Sunday?

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by kcb

I believe it’s on FFFFSSSSS1!
Posted By: Mulejockey1

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 06:21 AM

I posted about it a week or two ago, about picks. I’m pulling for Martin and looks like he had a good day but still lost fish! hammer. I don’t remember him ever having this kind of trouble before he switched rod brands. Still close and I have fished Hartwell, it can change in an instant. A couple 7’s and it is anyone’s game.
Posted By: Mulejockey1

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 06:22 AM

Oh yeah, I’m really starting to get uninterested in ffs watching pros like Christie drive tm around in middle of holler all day.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by kcb

It's on the regular Fox Network today.
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 12:18 PM

Bassmaster on in the saloon
Smoker rolling
Bloody Mary on deck!!!!

Shaping up to be a heck of a day!!! fish food cheers
Posted By: kcb

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by kcb

It's on the regular Fox Network today.

I just checked and so it is on Fox! Thanks.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 01:19 PM

BIG Fox this morning, nice!
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by BriannShell
Bassmaster on in the saloon
Smoker rolling
Bloody Mary on deck!!!!

Shaping up to be a heck of a day!!! fish food cheers

That’s what I’m talking about cheers
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 01:43 PM

Hack, Christie, and Gman couldn’t compete in MLF. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP my arse.

You could apply the same logic to those who went to MLF. I think Hackney and Christie can compete against any competition, anywhere. Swindle hasn’t ever been able to win individual tournaments on BASS. Both MLF and BASS have some hammers. MLF has more what I would call donators. BASS used to have more of those but now it’s produce in the Elites or you are out.

Thing about two tours is it’s not the best against the best. You don’t no exactly how they stack up against each other as they don’t directly compete. I liked when they had the PAA which brought the FLW vs BASS once per year.

Right now Wheeler is the best. A few more of the perennial top 10 anglers such as Wheeler, Defoe, Ehler, Thrift, are in MLF.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 02:56 PM

Very cool conversation with Bill Dance
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by J.H.S.
Fork was actually decent, but this one is a snooze fest.

I agree. When I have to watch the same Jason kristy fish catch replays about 27 times in the hour I just watched, they lost me for a while... That and live wells mostly filled with 1.5lb fish.

Maybe they will get some different footage to fill in the dead air later when I check back in, or get a few more cameras so they have a bit more action to air live.
Posted By: LeonSulak

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 02:57 PM

Loving coverage today.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, I actually like Mark, Davy, and Tommy. Good balance of analysis, humor, bringing legends on to talk, and talking to anglers.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 03:11 PM

Probably going to take 28# two day total to make the top 25 cut. Mid Day to after noon is better.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by LeonSulak
Loving coverage today.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, I actually like Mark, Davy, and Tommy. Good balance of analysis, humor, bringing legends on to talk, and talking to anglers.

Much better than Marty Stone talking about the conditions on the wudder…

Would be cool to see Scott Martin win in his first classic!
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 03:37 PM

https://www.bassmaster.com/basstrak...assic-presented-huk#drupal-tab-basstrakk

i found this...perty detailed if ur not watchin' it on tv
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Loving coverage today.

Much better than Marty Stone talking about the conditions on the wudder…

Would be cool to see Scott Martin win in his first classic!

Nothing compares to the coverage Bass puts out in my opinion. The other trails are literally a headache to try and listen to

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 05:23 PM

Day 2 of the Expo is insane. The crowds are huge. Couple of people said the shuttle busses were so packed and so plentiful that it took almost an hour for the busses to unload as the bus line is so long.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 06:05 PM

Loving coverage today.

They are the better play by play compared to MLF but I still could do without the Zaldain bias, it gets old.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 06:12 PM

Man Kennedy is totally spun out, rough to watch
Posted By: GLBoutdoors

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 06:27 PM

Go Longview, Texas and Lee Livesay. Basstrakk has him pound & a half out of lead in third place at the moment.

Not intimidated in his first Bassmaster Classic.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 06:52 PM

Day 2 of the Expo is insane. The crowds are huge. Couple of people said the shuttle busses were so packed and so plentiful that it took almost an hour for the busses to unload as the bus line is so long.

Covid explosion?

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 07:19 PM

Covid explosion?

It was nuts last year in Ft. Worth too, no one seemed to bother with the weigh in though

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 07:33 PM

Anyones elses local FOX station not have the Classic this morning? DVR'd it but disapointed to see instead outdoor adventures with Tim mad What the F
Does FOX have the replay up anywhere?

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 07:34 PM

Covid explosion?

Don't know, don't care. I just enjoy seeing things being back to normal.
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by yamaha runner
Boring live scope only tournament

I know what you mean. Guys are on the troller all day around looking for schools of fish in open water and looking for them under the dock. I even saw where Martin was “herding “ fish he could see. Oh well looks like that’s where this is all headed.

Wonder if it will be the death of the co-anglers in the Opens/ Toyota series and other pro-am type derbs. Boater not not going to cast till they see one and the back boater can just pay and get some casting practice in.
Posted By: greenen

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 09:00 PM

Man Kennedy is totally spun out, rough to watch

Yeah but he's self-made. Still tuning up and fishing those Greenies. As a lifelong Georgia fan I hate he graduated from Auburn though.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 10:58 PM

Were the lady weigh master, shes much nicer to look at than Mr. Bowes roflmao

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/05/22 11:53 PM

Lee Livesay just weighed in and will be within 3 pounds of the lead starting tomorrow!!

#LFG
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 12:06 AM

Tied at 1st with one day to go. Gonna be a shootout.
Posted By: FHL777

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 12:42 AM

Bassmaster LIVE is on FOX Saturday morning and FS1 Sunday morning! 8:00 a.m. to noon ET both days.

Bassmaster.com March 5-6, 2022 12pm - 3pm Bassmaster LIVE

FS1 March 6, 2022 8am - 12pm Bassmaster LIVE

Bassmaster LIVE stream for international viewers and pre-empted cities whose local FS1 and FOX affiliates are airing other programming. Sat. and Sun. only.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 12:54 AM

Lee Livesay just weighed in and will be within 3 pounds of the lead starting tomorrow!!

#LFG

clap thumb

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 12:57 AM

Anyone know how to pirate the international feed, ain’t got FS1
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 01:01 AM

Anyone know how to pirate the international feed, ain’t got FS1

Free trial of Sling TV.
Posted By: LeonSulak

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 01:01 AM

Wait, there is a MLF tournament going on right now too?
Posted By: Hulapoppin

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 02:03 AM

Bassmaster is boring as hell and someone was right when they nicknamed Zaldain Zaldangerous, he is a danger to his own success. What a dumbazz!
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 02:09 AM

It’s funny watching those guys say “it’s a giant” on 4 pounder’s

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Hulapoppin
Bassmaster is boring as hell and someone was right when they nicknamed Zaldain Zaldangerous, he is a danger to his own success. What a dumbazz!

I quietly enjoyed watching him drop out of the 25 cut… one angler at a time. Live.

#pornstashnomore for the fail.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat

Swindle?

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat

Its all relative, Tharp caught a 7lber on Smith in that MLF event going on right now, thats a freakin toad in that pond
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 02:59 AM

One of the BASS Nation guys made the cut!!!
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 05:15 PM

Really cool to see Taylor Smith and Joey Nania in the top 10 right now.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 05:50 PM

Someone needs to yell at Christie that Evers only has 14lbs today roflmao
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 06:23 PM

hammer

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 06:38 PM

Ok that wasn't weird huh
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 06:38 PM

The kid from Alabama (Hamner)is making a serious push for the lead.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 08:09 PM

Gonna be a good weigh in!
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 11:38 PM

Congrats to Christie, long due!
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 11:38 PM

4 Ounces!!!!
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 11:39 PM

Congratulations Christie

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 11:39 PM

Insert foot. Why did you delete your other comment about Christie choking again?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 11:46 PM

Re-shoot the commercial, business now finished.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Brent S
Re-shoot the commercial, business now finished.

Yessir. JC is the real deal.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 11:50 PM

Wow, I thought Welcher had it, not sure if basstrack was off or if Christie was sandbagging; but it definitely was more interesting.
Posted By: LFA17

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 11:54 PM

Congratulations to Jason Christie.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/06/22 11:54 PM

Christie didn’t big-eye everything. I thought Blaylock pulled out the upset. But he was just keeping them honest.

That was a good tournament.
Posted By: dbell47

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by LFA17

thumb clap
Posted By: champRD

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 12:02 AM

Yep, guess Christie's best 5 score ables were just enough! Congrats ! Thankfully they weren't (M)ostly (L)ittle (F)ish.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 12:07 AM

Great finish. Record attendance.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 12:18 AM

I wonder why his ex didn’t bring the kids? He looked a little emotional when he mentioned it.

Something “Enquirer “ goin on in Oklahoma.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 12:21 AM

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
I wonder why his ex didn’t bring the kids? He looked a little emotional when he mentioned it.

Personal business should be left personal. Kids never want to see their parents split up.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 12:59 AM

Congrats Jason!!!... Dan thumb
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bayou Burner
Congrats to Christie, long due!

Hell yeah! thumb bow_down
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 01:11 AM

A great finish. I thought Welcher had it but Christie must have caught a couple late. Didn't think he had near 17 but glad he pulled it out. Congrats to him. Blaylock made a good run at it too
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 01:21 AM

Well done Jason Christie. Helluva finish! cheers
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 01:49 AM

I am very happy for the guy.
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 02:21 AM

He was my pick all along but I didn't really feel like he had it. Awesome to see him get the win.
Posted By: goodman_fishing

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 02:30 AM

We just got back! We traveled to South Carolina on Thursday and had a great time, just my 4yo son and I. Always a good time!

[Linked Image]

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Fishspanker

Personal business should be left personal. Kids never want to see their parents split up.

If was selfish on the mothers behalf. The children's father won the Classic. He deserved to have his children present. They could have been there with Christie’s parents. “Weekend with grandparents” kinda thing. Oh well. I’m sure mom will let them touch the trophy…..

Kinda sad. I wish I hadn’t noticed it.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by goodman_fishing
We just got back! We traveled to South Carolina on Thursday and had a great time, just my 4yo son and I. Always a good time!

[Linked Image]

This is an awesome picture. He’s gonna remember you taking him for the rest of his life. I promise.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 03:31 AM

Wonder how some of those sponsors of the MLF guys felt about them not being able to work the classic expo, which from what I hear was pretty packed. The Classic is unmatched. The two sides need to figure out how to work together.
Posted By: OkAce

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 03:33 AM

If was selfish on the mothers behalf. The children's father won the Classic. He deserved to have his children present. They could have been there with Christie’s parents. “Weekend with grandparents” kinda thing. Oh well. I’m sure mom will let them touch the trophy…..

2 of his daughters are out of high school and the other is around 16. Not sure there’s the need to bash the mother.

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by OkAce

2 of his daughters are out of high school and the other is around 16. Not sure there’s the need to bash the mother.

Eh. I agree. Too late to make it right…even if it would have really mattered either way.

Still congrats to one of my favorite anglers.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 03:45 AM

It sucks about his kids not being there but that’s part of coparenting these days. There split wasn’t that nice either when it happen……
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by goodman_fishing

[Linked Image]

That’s a good memory!!!
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 03:54 AM

It depends, you could argue it was selfish for him to be gone fishing all the time.
Posted By: kscatman76

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

It depends, you could argue it was selfish for him to be gone fishing all the time.

Jesus people his kids are grown and are college age and one is even married they aren't little tikes that gma and GPA take around or the ex brings to see dad they are adults. Quit calling people selfish and pointing fingers when you know nothing about a situation
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 05:19 AM

Congrats to Jason Christie, job well done.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 09:16 AM

thumb
Posted By: 361V

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/07/22 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by kscatman76
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
[quote=SteezMacQueen]I wonder why his ex didn’t bring the kids? He looked a little emotional when he mentioned it.

Jesus people his kids are grown and are college age and one is even married they aren't little tikes that gma and GPA take around or the ex brings to see dad they are adults. Quit calling people selfish and pointing fingers when you know nothing about a situation
No kidding! More TFF National Inquirer stuff. Bunch of bored old woman minding others personal business they know nothing about. Geez….
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/08/22 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Slide_R

No way...Really? I haven't been watching.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Bassmaster Classic - 03/08/22 01:27 AM

Wow, so many complainers on here. If it bothers you that much, why are you watching it.? Find something else to do. Take your kids fishing instead.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum