Texas Fishing Forum

Dock skipping

Posted By: Gregg R

Dock skipping - 03/26/20 06:19 PM

Hey guys, just broke my falcon jason christie spinnerbait rod, it was 6'8" m/h, I also used jt for dock skipping,(just learning), I liked the rod ok but is there a better choice mainly for dock skipping but also spinnerbaits and chatterbaits, I would like to keep it around 100.00. Thanks again.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Dock skipping - 03/26/20 06:34 PM

Get a Falcon lowrider weightless worm rod. I think it’s 6’7” (I’d have to dig one out of the boat to be sure), MH/MF. It is good at skipping lighter (3/8 or less) baits at close quarters. It’s sensitive, light, and fishes like a stronger rod when you hook a bigger fish.

Re: Dock skipping - 03/26/20 06:52 PM

Thanks, I actually have a falcon weightless worm rod, thought it might be too limber, how is it with spinnerbaits and chatterbaits?
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: Dock skipping - 03/26/20 07:08 PM

You can probably get a replacement from falcon if you go through the warranty process. If not then try an all around f or an amistad. They make both models in the low rider series.

Re: Dock skipping - 03/26/20 07:24 PM

Thanks, I have had the rod fora few years, how does their warranty work?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Dock skipping - 03/26/20 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gregg R
Thanks, I actually have a falcon weightless worm rod, thought it might be too limber, how is it with spinnerbaits and chatterbaits?

It’s good with 3/8 or lighter stuff. Anything heavier, it just doesn’t have enough tip to control the cast well.
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: Dock skipping - 03/26/20 07:34 PM

Thanks, I have had the rod fora few years, how does their warranty work?

Insure that they still offer the rod model, and they should warranty it. If it’s outside of its warranty time you might have to pay a little, but the amount won’t be that of a new rod.
https://falconrods.com/falcon-customer-service.html
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Dock skipping - 03/27/20 12:46 AM

Fx extreme has a 6’3” mh same blank for casting and spinning. You think your great at skipping now wait till you use this length rod...... I’ve thrown frogs under over hanging trees w it it’s got some back bone.
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: Dock skipping - 03/27/20 01:37 AM

I have this rod as well in a Cara. It’s too soft for my spinnerbaits and skipping. I have some older Cara Spinnerbait Specials in 6’4” length that work great for those applications. (CC-5-164MH)

I’ve had a Falcon Lowriders break and they allowed me to upgrade it to a Cara once for a little bit more cost. Something else to consider. I’ve been impressed with the new Experts. Even turned a buddy on to them who dislikes Falcon.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum