Texas Fishing Forum

Open ramps on Grapevine

Posted By: RickyBobby4

Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/24/20 07:41 PM

Hey yall, anyone know of any open ramps on grapevine right now?
Posted By: wytex

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/24/20 07:45 PM

Not sure how current. My Mom took a drive around it past weekend and it's brimming full she says.

https://gograpevine.com/grapevine-activities/boatramps/

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/24/20 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by wytex
Not sure how current. My Mom took a drive around it past weekend and it's brimming full she says.

https://gograpevine.com/grapevine-activities/boatramps/

Much appreciated!
Posted By: Jake F.

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/24/20 08:37 PM

I launched out of Katie Wood’s this morning. The high water ramp is open and it wasn’t crowded at all.
Posted By: Doulos DRA

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/25/20 12:46 AM

Were you able to get out there today? Kids are driving the wife crazy so I’m thinking some time on the water would help.
Thx
Posted By: SkeeterB

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/25/20 01:49 AM

Katie Woods was a nightmare this evening. I’ll be finding a different lake tomorrow.

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/25/20 03:02 AM

We typically launch at Dove Loop, but haven't fished this lake enough when its high to know if that's still an option or even what the best option is. The website says it's closed, but it also says KW is closed, however it seemed to be open for you.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/25/20 03:31 AM

Gvine is really tough this high. It hasn't has double the water in it.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/25/20 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Doulos DRA
We typically launch at Dove Loop, but haven't fished this lake enough when its high to know if that's still an option or even what the best option is. The website says it's closed, but it also says KW is closed, however it seemed to be open for you.

KW has a regular ramp and a high water ramp, I believe the high water ramp is open but probably crowded due to all the closings
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/25/20 12:56 PM

At Murrell, we should all be able to put in at their high water ramp. But for some reason, they have the park gates shut. I just drove down there and called the Corp to ask why.....

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/26/20 04:27 AM

3-25 UPDATE: Farris Branch is only open ramp I saw today for those interested. Katy Woods high water and Dove loop are both closed (only ones I went by). Fishing is good right now.

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/26/20 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by RickyBobby4
Fishing is good right now.

Maybe for some of you sticks. I was there yesterday and it sucked hind tit for me. I did see a real skiddish giant in the very back of flooded stuff. That was my highlight yesterday. Other than one stupid little frog fish, that was it. I did talk to a guy that had 3. One of those was 5+.

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/26/20 01:58 PM

For sure going to make it out today, thanks for the info... I need to get out of the office and experience what "work from home" is like! fish
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/26/20 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
At Murrell, we should all be able to put in at their high water ramp. But for some reason, they have the park gates shut. I just drove down there and called the Corp to ask why.....

Kinda of my thought as well, the portion of the road that would flood is in the back of that cove that the high water ramp is in...well the back of cove is AFTER the turn off to the ramp, so not sure why that is not open either. You would not have to cross the flooded area.

Went out there two days ago expecting to be able to use that area to launch the kayak... no such luck. What did they say when you called them roflmao
Posted By: WattoFish

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/26/20 06:01 PM

According to the Corps of Engineers they are releasing 16 CFS....

Anybody know if that release volume is max or other factors that are considered.

Seems like Grapevine is the slowest lake to reach normal pool in the Metroplex.

It's also interesting to note this lake has experienced significant flooding for the last 5 years except 2017.

Re: Open ramps on Grapevine - 03/26/20 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Originally Posted by Okie Poke

Kinda of my thought as well, the portion of the road that would flood is in the back of that cove that the high water ramp is in...well the back of cove is AFTER the turn off to the ramp, so not sure why that is not open either. You would not have to cross the flooded area.

Went out there two days ago expecting to be able to use that area to launch the kayak... no such luck. What did they say when you called them roflmao

They said that high water ramp was unusable, too....I didn't question him but no way that could be. At least I don't believe so.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum