Texas Fishing Forum

MLF anglers running Fork

Posted By: BlackBassZac

MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 12:19 AM

Was standing on my dock at Lake Fork today when Mark Daniels jr. came flying by doing at least 60mph about 30' feet from me wide open... The boat lane is probably 300 yards from our stretch of docks and this area is incredibly dense with timber I have no idea how he made it through this area without tearing up his lower unit. I can barley use the trolling motor in this area with out hitting a stump 6" below the water or getting the boat hung up. I highly doubt he used a boat lane the entire time on fork. Crazy, I guess those are the perks of having a back up boat on stand bye...
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 12:23 AM

You still gotta survive the impact.

Nuts.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 12:23 AM

I watched him running around up in oil well today on live and was cringing the whole time.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 12:26 AM

devine intervention.... angelon board..??

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 12:27 AM

My dock is on Oil Well Bay, and the only reason I was standing on the dock and not out fishing or watching the MLF guys was I railed a stump getting on plane near the boat lane last week!. This will be the second lower unit this year... and probably not the last...
Posted By: buda13

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 12:31 AM

If you don’t hit it the stump isn’t there! The service team could have a complete new lower unit on the boat for him within 30 minutes of hitting a stump and making the call. Why not drive it like you stole it, doesn’t cost them any money or downtime.
Posted By: mudd

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 12:33 AM

95 percent of them have a moto. They don’t see it then it’s not there..... I tend to do the same in certain areas now on local lakes.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 12:36 AM

MDJ ended up having boat issues today.

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
MDJ ended up having boat issues today.

Hole in the hull? Or lower unit? roflmao
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 01:00 AM

I’m telling you right now. I know that lake pretty well to run it. But these guys were running in places where they are lucky to be alive.
And after seeing some of them come in and out of areas we were fishing.....all I can say is I’d never ever buy one of their boats from them. They just flat out run over everything. Lol.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 01:01 AM

His motor & power poles were working so I am guessing it was his TM.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by BlackBassZac
Was standing on my dock at Lake Fork today when Mark Daniels jr. came flying by doing at least 60mph about 30' feet from me wide open... The boat lane is probably 300 yards from our stretch of docks and this area is incredibly dense with timber I have no idea how he made it through this area without tearing up his lower unit. I can barley use the trolling motor in this area with out hitting a stump 6" below the water or getting the boat hung up. I highly doubt he used a boat lane the entire time on fork. Crazy, I guess those are the perks of having a back up boat on stand bye...

Was it a Nitro, I watched live and he said was gonna take a chance at one point, it was a loaner boat he had trolling motor battery issues on his Ranger.

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 01:30 AM

He was in his ranger when he flew past my dock, he was already taking way to big of a chance when he was running in the ranger... I can't imagine what he was gonna try and run in the loaner nitro. That area up in oil way bay is only 3-4' deep and has some nasty old live oak stumps just under the water that would definitely destroy a transom and or seriously injury you if you hit them running wide open like he was

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 01:38 AM

Gotta be Jordan Lee. I saw him run the cut between Coffee and Running Creek. Lol.
Posted By: Dianabass

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 01:39 AM

I think his quote on live with 5 minutes to go was hold on things about to get sketchy right before he put it on plane
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 01:53 AM

We were watching Jeff Sprague moving out of an area close to the end.

I commented on how much bird poop was on his outboard when he ran up on top of a tree!

My wife said he just about turned it over! breakdance
Posted By: Dynamic

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 02:29 AM

I watched one of the MLF guys run all the way back to Magee Bay today. I have never seen a boat in 25 years fishing there, run to the back there at full throttle. Crazy!!! i just wish I could do it. He hugged the west side and was running wide open all the way out to the boat lane.
Posted By: Court

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 02:42 AM

I run to the back of M'Gee, but not on the south side by the boat houses. Saw someone running that gauntlet on Saturday.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 02:48 AM

What kind of waiver must those marshalls and camera guys have to sign for accepting those risks?!?!?!

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 03:11 AM

Never seen a boat wreck since they started doing this live stuff in 2015, sounds like next 2 day good chance at it.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 03:27 AM

The odds of getting killed in a bass boat crash involving 1 boat are very small. It's their livelihood and they are adults that are making choices to advance themselves within their profession.

We have enough damn drama these days.

(rant over)
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 03:28 AM

Saw several guys run passed the cove north of Hideaway Harbor in Little Caney. Too sketchy for me.
Posted By: Cameron

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 11:43 AM

I took a video on my phone. I was under the second power line in Birch and heard a boat on pad...I hear a tick...more running and another tick...guy ran to the very very back of birch. Not sure which pro it was but what in the world. Jack plate was sky high and it was throwing a pretty wild tail.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 12:06 PM

Hope they have prepaid dental.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Never seen a boat wreck since they started doing this live stuff in 2015, sounds like next 2 day good chance at it.

^^^^^^^^^this
[Linked Image]
popcorn peep
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 12:36 PM

Yeah, there were a few shots where I saw them on plane and I knew I've run that area at idle and bumped a few stumps. I guess when you do this for a living you learn to trust your driving ability more.
Posted By: Cameron

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 01:15 PM

I was crappie fishing in the back of Birch past the SECOND set of power lines....I hear a boat coming in...tick...then another one....figured it had to be a duckboat...nope one of the pros. I took a video on my cellphone. Unbelievable. Jackplate sky high throwing a big rooster tail. whaaaaaat
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
I watched him running around up in oil well today on live and was cringing the whole time.

I saw him jumping on pad there at the end! Crazy! I can't NOT hit a stump when I'm in there and idling.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron
I was crappie fishing in the back of Birch past the SECOND set of power lines....I hear a boat coming in...tick...then another one....figured it had to be a duckboat...nope one of the pros. I took a video on my cellphone. Unbelievable. Jackplate sky high throwing a big rooster tail. whaaaaaat

eeks
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 01:49 PM

I asked a flw guy about how they never seem to hit anything on these lakes. He told me a story about the Arkansas River where he tore up 3 lower units in practice and the service truck ran out of replacements. They are human, somewhat.

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
The odds of getting killed in a bass boat crash involving 1 boat are very small. It's their livelihood and they are adults that are making choices to advance themselves within their profession.

We have enough damn drama these days.

(rant over)
]

The chance of being thrown from the boat when you do rail a 4' diameter stump 6" below the water at +60mph is very likely and not to mention the chance of your body hitting a stump or tree after being thrown from the boat is what concerns most people.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 04:00 PM

I took a video on my phone. I was under the second power line in Birch and heard a boat on pad...I hear a tick...more running and another tick...guy ran to the very very back of birch. Not sure which pro it was but what in the world. Jack plate was sky high and it was throwing a pretty wild tail.

Ha said "Y'all are silly! I'm just gonna send it!" bolt
Posted By: Neal G

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by bassmanrudy
What kind of waiver must those marshalls and camera guys have to sign for accepting those risks?!?!?!

But no fishing in the rain with a little lighting/thunder.....
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/16/20 11:56 PM

I guess none of you guys ever had a bass trip with Cody Malone,... bolt

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by JIM SR.

Somebody post the youtube video
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 12:27 AM

In 2013 KVD ran past me out in the standing timber while fishing the Toyota bass fest and hit nothing. I can't even idle thru there without hitting stumps. NO fear.

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 12:37 AM

It’s Murphy’s law. If you paid hard earned cash for your boat, it WILL find each and every stump.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
I’m telling you right now. I know that lake pretty well to run it. But these guys were running in places where they are lucky to be alive.
And after seeing some of them come in and out of areas we were fishing.....all I can say is I’d never ever buy one of their boats from them. They just flat out run over everything. Lol.

+1
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 12:45 AM

Big difference idling versus running. I bet these guys are running a line they had previously idled a couple times.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 12:53 AM

Birge was in a backup boat today but never heard why.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 01:30 AM

Running isn’t the issue it’s coming off plane that will get ya. Running there isn’t much boat in the water.

Smashed my boat on fork coming off plane.

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 04:13 AM

The infamous Cody Malone Glade run

In fairness the lake was low
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Chunk

He must have Progressive!
Posted By: Bassdeer

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 12:17 PM

down the old road bed, Nice
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 12:53 PM

scared
Posted By: BCB

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 01:05 PM

Birge had a starter issue and a bendix lock up.

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker

Posted By: Happykamper

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Running isn’t the issue it’s coming off plane that will get ya. Running there isn’t much boat in the water.

Smashed my boat on fork coming off plane.

Taking off can smash a motor as well.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by BCB

He's not having much luck. Didn't he blow an engine last tourney?

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 01:22 PM

There’s a handful of us that still make those runs in the back of Glade. Even with water up.
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 01:26 PM

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/17/20 05:50 PM

There’s a handful of us that still make those runs in the back of Glade. Even with water up.

I've seen Cody and Eric Wright make the run into No Name on pad that absolutely terrifies me. Y'all are a lot braver than me!
Posted By: BCB

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/18/20 02:09 AM

We would gamble they used the old starter from that engine, and that may have caused the bendix issue.

Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by BCB

He's not having much luck. Didn't he blow an engine last tourney?
Posted By: Patta-whack

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/18/20 03:04 AM

flehan

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/18/20 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
In 2013 KVD ran past me out in the standing timber while fishing the Toyota bass fest and hit nothing. I can't even idle thru there without hitting stumps. NO fear.

What did Biffle say? If you can't see it its not there, perfect example where ignorance is bliss.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/18/20 04:52 AM

I can see running the straight aways, but the turns...oh heck NO!
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/18/20 12:27 PM

When they got up to fish, I would bet both seats on the boat were puckered right down the middle! eeks
Posted By: senko9S

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/18/20 01:05 PM

running fork in the standing timber back in the day was awesome.
Posted By: Big C

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/20/20 07:46 AM

d it is one wooI know right where your talking about andy son of a gun.
My dock is on Oil Well Bay, and the only reason I was standing on the dock and not out fishing or watching the MLF guys was I railed a stump getting on plane near the boat lane last week!. This will be the second lower unit this year... and probably not the last...

I know right where your talking about and it is one woody son of a gun.

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/20/20 07:51 AM

d it is one wooI know right where your talking about andy son of a gun.

I know right where your talking about and it is one woody son of a gun.
Originally Posted by buda13
If you don’t hit it the stump isn’t there! The service team could have a complete new lower unit on the boat for him within 30 minutes of hitting a stump and making the call. Why not drive it like you stole it, doesn’t cost them any money or downtime.

That's exactly right. Everything on their boats, which are given to them anyway, have service crews to fix whatever goes wrong with their boat. We have to worry about paying for it and being without a boat while its fixed. We have much greater incentive to be careful. In their case, due to the money, they have much greater incentive to follow the rules of " a straight line is the shortest distance between points" and the money that's on the line. Saw Iaconelli fly up into a cove I was in while up on pad. Took me 5 minutes just to idle in there.
Posted By: S Fatherree

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/20/20 11:03 AM

LAKE FORK GUIDE LANES - www.lakeforkguidelanes.com

Many of the MLF fishing professionals are customers of Lake Fork Guide Lanes and used them to efficiently navigate the lake during the entire event without a single issue reported. I cannot offer any names but we have had many of the top name competing professionals order Lake Fork Guide Lanes over the past few months after Lake Fork was first announced as one of the MLF Tournament stops. Many BASS Pros fishing in the Toyota Bassmaster Texas Fest have also recently ordered the Lake Fork Guide Lanes Chip.

I designed Lake Fork Guide Lanes during the lowest water levels that Lake Fork has seen since the 1980s. I spent many months idling the entire lake when it was 7+ feet low and perfecting the accuracy of the lanes in 2012/2014 which I used with my fishing guide clients for years to safely navigate the lake through areas of heavy timber. See for yourself at www.lakeforkguidelanes.com - Here you can obtain this data consisting of over 1,000 waypoints to follow in order to help you gain access to the entire timber filled waters on Lake Fork. If you need to get Guide Lanes the same day while at the lake most all of the top marinas and gas stations now offer the product!

The navigation which Guide Lanes allows is unmatched by any other product and is an absolute game changer for any angler looking to keep their vessel safe and access less pressured areas on the lake. Tight lines everyone and always remember to wear your life jacket and be safe on the water!
Posted By: 361V

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/20/20 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by buda13
If you don’t hit it the stump isn’t there! The service team could have a complete new lower unit on the boat for him within 30 minutes of hitting a stump. Why not drive it like you stole it,
I get that....to a degree. I hit a huge stump running around 45-50mph where I shouldn’t have been on Winnsboro many years ago with a partner in the boat. We walked away but we both got pretty banged up. That said, if someone else was providing my toys I’d be way less careful than I am now. I’m not scared.....just cheap! laugh

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/20/20 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stephen M Fatherree

Many of the MLF fishing professionals are customers of Lake Fork Guide Lanes and used them to efficiently navigate the lake during the entire event without a single issue reported. I cannot offer any names but we have had many of the top name competing professionals order Lake Fork Guide Lanes over the past few months after Lake Fork was first announced as one of the MLF Tournament stops. Many BASS Pros fishing in the Toyota Bassmaster Texas Fest have also recently ordered the Lake Fork Guide Lanes Chip.

I designed Lake Fork Guide Lanes during the lowest water levels that Lake Fork has seen since the 1980s. I spent many months idling the entire lake when it was 7+ feet low and perfecting the accuracy of the lanes in 2012/2014 which I used with my fishing guide clients for years to safely navigate the lake through areas of heavy timber. See for yourself at www.lakeforkguidelanes.com - Here you can obtain this data consisting of over 1,000 waypoints to follow in order to help you gain access to the entire timber filled waters on Lake Fork. If you need to get Guide Lanes the same day while at the lake most all of the top marinas and gas stations now offer the product!

The navigation which Guide Lanes allows is unmatched by any other product and is an absolute game changer for any angler looking to keep their vessel safe and access less pressured areas on the lake. Tight lines everyone and always remember to wear your life jacket and be safe on the water!

I can tell you for a fact, these guys werent running your lanes! Trust me!

These guys were running places neither you or Lance have marked.

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/21/20 06:34 PM

Many of the MLF professional anglers were using Lake Fork Guide Lanes as I see each and every daily online order of ours. Many orders were from top named professionals located across the country whom competed in this event as well as anglers whom will be competing in the Toyota Bassmaster Texas Fest later this spring. I'm sorry to tell you this but some of those names have already been previously mentioned in this above thread. It was very humbling to see so many legendary bass anglers using Lake Fork Guide Lanes without any issues at all and finishing near the top of the standings. As I am sure you already know professional bass anglers of that caliber leave no stone unturned to do the proper research and ensure that they have every tool available to their disposal in order to make certain that their practice time and tournament time is not interrupted by damaging their equipment, especially their vessels. Lake Fork is one of the best bass fisheries in the world but also is one of the most dangerous in the country to quickly navigate without using a product like the Lake Fork Guide Lanes. www.lakeforkguidelanes.com

Navigation through the submerged fields of standing timber on this fishery is one the largest hurdles for so many anglers to overcome in order to have a great day fishing on Lake
Fork but not anymore as Lake Fork Guide Lanes are now available to the public. Many of the professional anglers used other names when placing their online orders or purchased the Lake Fork Guide Lanes at the many of our most popular retailers on Lake Fork who now carry this game changing product. I have spoken with a number of friends who work directly with MLF and some whom fished in the event that told me of certain professionals who did in fact use Lake Fork Guide Lanes throughout the event that used other names than their own when purchasing online. They likely did this to ensure that their addresses and email address were not subjected to any risk of being disclosed to the public. Sinkey if I could show you our proof of purchases over the last few months from those who did use their actual names and addresses you would have an impossible time stating that your above comment is anywhere near factual. Obviously I will not be sharing that private information with anyone whom is not within the company, our clients safety/privacy comes first. I assure you that you are quite wrong in your assumption my friend, these top professionals know which products are the best and can help them to obtain every advantage that is legal for them to use. Tight Lines, good luck fishing and make sure to check out www.lakeforkguidelanes.com to gain unrivaled access across the waters of Lake Fork.
Posted By: Walls

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/21/20 06:53 PM

Many of the MLF professional anglers were using Lake Fork Guide Lanes as I see each and every daily online order of ours. Many orders were from top named professionals located across the country whom competed in this event as well as anglers whom will be competing in the Toyota Bassmaster Texas Fest later this spring. I'm sorry to tell you this but some of those names have already been previously mentioned in this above thread. It was very humbling to see so many legendary bass anglers using Lake Fork Guide Lanes without any issues at all and finishing near the top of the standings. As I am sure you already know professional bass anglers of that caliber leave no stone unturned to do the proper research and ensure that they have every tool available to their disposal in order to make certain that their practice time and tournament time is not interrupted by damaging their equipment, especially their vessels. Lake Fork is one of the best bass fisheries in the world but also is one of the most dangerous in the country to quickly navigate without using a product like the Lake Fork Guide Lanes. www.lakeforkguidelanes.com

Navigation through the submerged fields of standing timber on this fishery is one the largest hurdles for so many anglers to overcome in order to have a great day fishing on Lake
Fork but not anymore as Lake Fork Guide Lanes are now available to the public. Many of the professional anglers used other names when placing their online orders or purchased the Lake Fork Guide Lanes at the many of our most popular retailers on Lake Fork who now carry this game changing product. I have spoken with a number of friends who work directly with MLF and some whom fished in the event that told me of certain professionals who did in fact use Lake Fork Guide Lanes throughout the event that used other names than their own when purchasing online. They likely did this to ensure that their addresses and email address were not subjected to any risk of being disclosed to the public. Sinkey if I could show you our proof of purchases over the last few months from those who did use their actual names and addresses you would have an impossible time stating that your above comment is anywhere near factual. Obviously I will not be sharing that private information with anyone whom is not within the company, our clients safety/privacy comes first. I assure you that you are quite wrong in your assumption my friend, these top professionals know which products are the best and can help them to obtain every advantage that is legal for them to use. Tight Lines, good luck fishing and make sure to check out www.lakeforkguidelanes.com to gain unrivaled access across the waters of Lake Fork.

Don't think Sinkey was saying they didn't have your lanes purchased & loaded.........just that he saw them running places no one sells as a marked trail. 2cents
Posted By: senko9S

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/21/20 08:13 PM

^^^ i was thinking the same

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/22/20 12:47 AM

LOL.........Commercial aside, I was there on the lake during practice and watching them run places that aren't on any lane chip that i'm aware of. When Iaconelli came zooming up on pad in one of the coves, my guide (Whose been guiding Fork for years and sometimes makes me nervous running the lake, himself) shook his head and said "Holy ___". So, they might have bought every boat lane chip on the market, but that doesn't mean they were necessarily using it or paying attention to it.

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/22/20 01:19 PM

A lot of those guys made "lanes" that are not on either chip.
Posted By: KingOutdoorsCo

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/22/20 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
A lot of those guys made "lanes" that are not on either chip.

I got that t-shirt roflmao
Posted By: Dr. Drop

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/22/20 05:00 PM

I was a camera boat driver for the first Texas Bass Classic on Fork years ago.
There were many times I had to just let the pros go on and take another route and catch up with them.
There was no way I was going to follow them. I knew what they were running through.
The camera men would ask me why I wasn't trailing them? I said trust me you don't want to run through there.
It s just dangerous when you are not familiar with the lake in a tournament situation and take chances.
I have been guilty of it myself. I don't want a 250hp outboard running 5K rpm in my lap.

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/22/20 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Drop
I was a camera boat driver for the first Texas Bass Classic on Fork years ago.
There were many times I had to just let the pros go on and take another route and catch up with them.
There was no way I was going to follow them. I knew what they were running through.
The camera men would ask me why I wasn't trailing them? I said trust me you don't want to run through there.
It s just dangerous when you are not familiar with the lake in a tournament situation and take chances.
I have been guilty of it myself. I don't want a 250hp outboard running 5K rpm in my lap.

Same here when I was a camera boat. There were a couple of times I slowed down and idled. I wasn't about to tear up my boat or get hurt. They were more than free to "fire" me.
Posted By: Court

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/22/20 05:41 PM

Stephen, will your chip eat up ( or run very slow ) a 2016 Lowrance touch 9? Do you run this with Lances?

Re: MLF anglers running Fork - 03/22/20 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Court
Stephen, will your chip eat up ( or run very slow ) a 2016 Lowrance touch 9? Do you run this with Lances?

No sir, the Lake Fork Guide Lane Waypoint Chip will not slow the navigational capabilities on any compatible marine electronics unit and there is no reason to use any other Lake Fork specific navigational aid in addition as the accuracy provided by Lake Fork Guide Lanes is unmatched by any other product available. Lake Fork Guide Lanes will provide you with data showing where the SRA Bouys should be located at and over 100 additional non-SRA marked lanes for the safest navigation possible during your fishing trip on Lake Fork. These lanes were very precisely mapped out during the major drought of 2012/2014 when the water level on Lake Fork was 7+ feet below full pool and the fields of now submerged standing timber was fully exposed.

It is also important to remember this tip, the Lake Fork Guide Lane Waypoints were dropped at "choke points" therefore it is very important to turn on your marine electronics heading/course extension line so that you can see exactly where your vessel is headed and aim for center mass of the next waypoint in a series. The 850+ Guide Lane Waypoints and the 200+ SRA Bouy Waypoints are located in-between the most dense areas of submerged timber across the entire lake so if you make a mistake and get off of course it is better to do so between 2 waypoints compared to when driving directly past/over a navigational waypoint. I hope this helps to answer your question, please refer to www.lakeforkguidelanes.com for more information. Never rely on GPS devices or data alone and as always make sure to wear a life jacket whenever driving your vessel, good luck fishing!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum