Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek Lake Vacation

Posted By: Diesel Doctor

Cedar Creek Lake Vacation - 04/06/19 12:07 PM

Guys,

Taking a few days at a rental to relax before starting a new job. I have never fished this lake and would like to get a few pointers if possible. spots to fish, baits, etc......

Also looking around for future retirement possibilities.

Primarily Bass, catch and release of course.

Tight lines

Thanks
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Cedar Creek Lake Vacation - 04/06/19 07:55 PM

I will be glad to help you with a few spots from my Mapping work. Please send me your Email by PM.
Thanks,
Donald

Re: Cedar Creek Lake Vacation - 04/06/19 09:50 PM

Thanks, PM sent
Posted By: kemon86

Re: Cedar Creek Lake Vacation - 04/06/19 10:28 PM

Funny how usually NO ONE talks about CC and TTZ headed there next weekend and we get internet scouters disguised as “vacationers”
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Cedar Creek Lake Vacation - 04/06/19 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by kemon86
Funny how usually NO ONE talks about CC and TTZ headed there next weekend and we get internet scouters disguised as “vacationers”

Pretty sure Diesel is not wearing a disguise, he is a regular poster that I have dealt with in the past and is a true class act that has no problem sharing info with others himself.

Diesel I’m not a regular on that lake but from everything I hear cranking bridges is where it’s at.
Posted By: wsimpson

Re: Cedar Creek Lake Vacation - 04/07/19 02:16 AM

Hmmm. Got on some fish Friday practicing for BassChamps and may try and fish the TTZ tournament (wasn’t aware it was on CC) if I can get my boat issue resolved this week...

Re: Cedar Creek Lake Vacation - 04/07/19 03:08 PM

Thanks 79,

I can assure you I am recreational only. I have fished a few events when I lived in Longview, but that was more for the comradery than a check. Nothing like hanging out with friends and telling fishing stories.

Thanks Guys!!!!
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Cedar Creek Lake Vacation - 04/07/19 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Doctor
Guys,

Taking a few days at a rental to relax before starting a new job. I have never fished this lake and would like to get a few pointers if possible. spots to fish, baits, etc......

Also looking around for future retirement possibilities.

Primarily Bass, catch and release of course.

Tight lines

Thanks

In addition to what Hook'em 79 said, there are hundreds of docks and boat houses on the lake. Try working those, throw jigs, spinner baits and soft plastics. The south end of the lake has usually worked better for me, Caney and Clear Creeks, Star Harbor and Key Ranch just to mention a few areas. In addition, there are numerous small coves with good shoreline cover. If it looks "fishy", fish it. If that doesn't work, you're only 20-30 minutes from Lake Athens.

I don't know where you are staying down here, but there are several places to launch. There is a free ramp at the north end of the Caney Creek bridge on 198, Log Cabin Park (I think it costs $5.00), and Tom Finley Park on 334 between Gun Barrel and Seven Points ($3.00). There is also a free ramp on 334 on the edge of Gun Barrel where the old Big Chief motel used to be, but it looks pretty steep. And if you are staying in a vacation rental on the lake, the POA may have a private ramp available.

As far as retirement possibilities, there are small neighborhood communities all around the lake. Some are nice, some kinda sketchy, and some that are nice but you have to drive through some sketchy areas to get to them. Here's a link to the Cedar Creek online guide, it's got some good info and contact numbers for real estate brokers:
https://www.cedarcreeklake.com/
Posted By: rducky625

Re: Cedar Creek Lake Vacation - 04/07/19 08:52 PM

Fished there on Thursday and had a slow day. Had only 6 bites and put three in the boat, two around 1 1/2# and one good one weighed 8.2#. All caught on green pumpkin zoom trick worms fished wacky rigged around and beneath boat docks. Marked quite a few fish under the 198 bridge but did not fish for them. Water is high so it makes it tough to get under the docks but persevere and u can catch fish

Re: Cedar Creek Lake Vacation - 04/08/19 12:48 AM

Thanks for all the help. I am hoping this will be a good warm up for the summer activity.

I appreciate the real estate insight. I am only three miles from Lewisville, but millions of dollars from it. Whats the point if you cant have a dock?

I will try the bridges.

Thanks again. I have a few good spots on Lewisville. PM me if you guys get up this way.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum