Texas Fishing Forum

LBJ fishing

Posted By: Ibock

LBJ fishing - 04/02/19 03:18 PM

I was wondering if yall have any experience with bass fishing LBJ. Is fishing any good there? Trying to do some research for a friend?
Posted By: Wes H

Re: LBJ fishing - 04/02/19 03:42 PM

It's a nice lake during the week.

There are some new hazards up the river but the lower half near the dam is well marked. Plenty to offer whether you like fishing shallow or deep. It's a great place to find a Guadalupe bass if he is looking for one of those.

Once the summer traffic hits full force it gets crowded with wake boats and jet skis on the weekend.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: LBJ fishing - 04/02/19 05:33 PM

you got a lot of friends that need advice
Posted By: thirtysixit

Re: LBJ fishing - 04/02/19 07:13 PM

Take a jig and a senko and hit the docks. Its a really good lake to fish. I imagine the shad spawn will be happening soon (or already is) so its also about time to break out the topwater lures. Have fun!
Posted By: fivebites

Re: LBJ fishing - 04/02/19 09:06 PM

Did the flood wash out all the hydrilla and more important, did it clean out a lot of the "snot grass"? I love flipping jigs under docks, but man that green slimy [censored] at LBJ is a pain in the butt!
Posted By: David D.

Re: LBJ fishing - 04/03/19 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by fivebites
Did the flood wash out all the hydrilla and more important, did it clean out a lot of the "snot grass"? I love flipping jigs under docks, but man that green slimy [censored] at LBJ is a pain in the butt!

From what I've heard the slimy [censored] is there to stay frown
Posted By: randfish

Re: LBJ fishing - 04/03/19 02:45 AM

Snot grass is still there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum