Texas Fishing Forum

Favorite Fall baits?

Posted By: Ripinlip

Favorite Fall baits? - 10/18/18 01:09 AM

Just curious what everybody’s favorite fall baits are? With water temps dropping and fish starting there transition it has seemed to me that fast power fishing and covering lots of water with shallow crankbaits has been my only option lately to catch them.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Favorite Fall baits? - 10/18/18 01:37 AM

Trap
Fluke
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Favorite Fall baits? - 10/18/18 01:53 AM

Chrome Chugbug, Norman Tennessee Shad Little Scooper & a black Brush Hog.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Favorite Fall baits? - 10/18/18 02:11 AM

Mimic the Crayfish with one of these below.
The Crayfish Hop

These are my Crayfish Chatter Baits.  They are weed guarded for the short bottom drag working it to the defensive mode. This Technique is also use when I fish the Baby Doll Jigs. 
- Cast it out beside heavy cover.  They may take it just like all other baits on the way to the bottom.
- Fishing on slack line; very slowly drag it along the bottom until it touches a rock or stick.  This is when a Crayfish goes to Defensive Mode and get eat.  you will feel the tug as you line is now tight.
- Make two soft up and down roller coaster lifts while turning the handle.  This is the Fleeing Action.
Rod at 9:00 and up to 12:00 and another 9:00 to 12:00.  Now let it fall to the bottom as that is all the energy a Crayfish has is two burst.
- Back to slack line while it is on the bottom.
- Take up slack and very slowly drag the bait until it touches something.  It is back to defensive mode.
- Do this twice on a average cast beside heavy cover.
- Then reel the Chatter Bait in as would any Chatter Bait.  You are looking to get bit either on the Crayfish HOP or the regular Chatter Bait slow roll back to the boat.  You will soon develop a pattern that the Bass like.
Posted By: IIIMag

Re: Favorite Fall baits? - 10/18/18 02:49 AM

Squarebills, spinnerbaits and chatterbaits. Thank you, Donald, for introducing a new approach to chatterbait retrieves.
Posted By: Bassfishing_Skeeter

Re: Favorite Fall baits? - 10/18/18 07:04 AM

Chatterbaits in black,white
Baby brush hog green pumpkin on 1/4 shakey head
Good luck
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum