Texas Fishing Forum

Help on Toledo Bend South

Posted By: Nitro27

Help on Toledo Bend South - 10/17/18 01:23 AM

I'll be boat captaining a high school team on Toledo Bend (south on Pendleton Btidge). I've never fished that end of the lake. Any help would be appreciated. Not looking for exact locations, just a point in the right direction. Feel free to PM any advice. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Help on Toledo Bend South - 10/17/18 01:45 AM

Don’t sweat it or put any undue pressure on yourself. If your kids haven’t spent a ton of time on the lake either, just let them fish what they’re comfortable/confident fishing. Maybe they’ll get lucky and run into some quality fish.
Posted By: Pico Pearch

Re: Help on Toledo Bend South - 10/17/18 02:44 AM

I think that Hausen is one of the more popular places to fish on the lake.
Posted By: JarrodMc

Re: Help on Toledo Bend South - 10/17/18 05:11 AM

Lowe’s Creek, Indian Mounds, Housen and Six Mile are good areas to look at on your map. You should be able to locate fish shallow and/or deep this time of year but there is not a lot of grass. I’d recommend that you pick one area that looks good on the map and develop a game plan for that area rather than running all over the lake. Size of the lake can be intimidating. Good luck!

Re: Help on Toledo Bend South - 10/17/18 10:48 AM

Thanks for the help, it’s greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Capt. Bryan

Re: Help on Toledo Bend South - 10/17/18 11:22 AM

Where is y'alls weigh in at? And what is the dates of tournament. Toledo is a really big lake and get really rough depending on wind and direction so you need to minimize running the main lake if possible. With water cooling off and very little grass I would say look for points and creek channel edges that drop from 6-15 feet of water. I would start off throwing crawfish colored medium sized crankbaits that dive 8-12 feet and redbug or plum apple worms. The RIP rap around frontier park bridge and the points and creeks going south from there down to palo Gaucho creek. Also the many points in the middle area of lowes creek.

Re: Help on Toledo Bend South - 10/17/18 11:28 AM

We are fishing out of Fin and Feather on November 10th
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Help on Toledo Bend South - 10/17/18 12:52 PM

Louisiana side can be good down that way.
Posted By: C130

Re: Help on Toledo Bend South - 10/17/18 01:17 PM

PM your number or email and I’ll give you an area we fished, my son does high school fishing. I’m definitely not too familiar with Tolrdo but he did decent there in the area we fished. It’s close to Fin N Feather also.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum