Texas Fishing Forum

Is the Elite series about to raid FLW?

Posted By: SC-001

Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/09/18 08:22 PM

Seems some invites have gone out to former Elite anglers over there, will they offer FLW only guys like Thrift???
Posted By: Tubby

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/09/18 09:18 PM

I believe they will pull more anglers from the Opens. They have already started doing this. There are plenty to fill up remaining spots.
Posted By: Viper Rods

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/09/18 09:23 PM

I don't think so. I bet they reach out to guys who didn't make it on the Elite series at one point in time. Then start working their way down the opens list.

If they were smart they would start with guys that have high levels of marketability, (Carl Jocumsen comes to mind). It seems that MLF/BPT cherry picked what guys they invited, not necessarily following world rankings or other systems. No reason BASS can't do the same.

One last comment, they should start running some new angler profiles and spotlights on the new guys ASAP. Get people invested in their back story, struggles, etc...makes them more marketable and introduces them to the public.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/09/18 09:28 PM

Why would anyone of them want to go where they just had a mass exodus by the top level anglers?
Posted By: Viper Rods

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/09/18 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: SAKS
Why would anyone of them want to go where they just had a mass exodus by the top level anglers?

I don't think they would go but...

Going to a lower level field that has higher payouts than ever, and higher payouts than what they have in FLW.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/09/18 09:37 PM

Opportunity. FLW struggles with getting anglers exposure, BASS did this better in my opinion. I bet more then a few come over to BASS. Also seems like a better deal for most other then the top FLW guys.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/09/18 09:43 PM

Bass won’t have any trouble filling the fields.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/09/18 09:56 PM

I think they'll invite former Elite Pros over at FLW and some who have previously turned down invitations to fish the Elites. Guys like Rheem and Niggemeyer in the first group plus a few more FLW hammers. Castledine comes to mind, too. Then go down to the Opens sticks if need be. I'm sure there will be more interest from really good anglers than there are spots on the 2019 Elite Series.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/09/18 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
I think they'll invite former Elite Pros over at FLW and some who have previously turned down invitations to fish the Elites. Guys like Rheem and Niggemeyer in the first group plus a few more FLW hammers. Castledine comes to mind, too. Then go down to the Opens sticks if need be. I'm sure there will be more interest from really good anglers than there are spots on the 2019 Elite Series.

I agree with Chris 100% on this exact scenario. And I bet BASS offers them a deal to come.

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/09/18 10:04 PM

See your point and agree to a degree but BASS does still have the best LIVE coverage and it seems those guys aren't going anywhere, they do still have the Classic too but its not gonna be the same. And BASS will offer the better payout compared to FLW, at least for 2019 that is...
Posted By: Tubby

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/09/18 10:13 PM

Opportunity
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/09/18 10:24 PM

My thoughts exactly on Castledine....they would do well extending him an invite.
Posted By: Loomis ex

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 12:22 AM

I think it would be disloyal to the Opens anglers if they invited FLW guys who did not qualify for the Elites through BASS. The Opens anglers worked hard all year. It's not fair to change the rules on them at the end of the season.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

My thoughts exactly on Castledine....they would do well extending him an invite.

And several more, Mark. Russell Cecil, for instance. Albert Collins, Hansleman is a given. And many more Texas hammers. Hell, BASS could easily fill their field with all Texas guys if they chose to.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 02:32 AM

And several more, Mark. Russell Cecil, for instance. Albert Collins, Hansleman is a given. And many more Texas hammers. Hell, BASS could easily fill their field with all Texas guys if they chose to.

I thought the same exact thing. All those guys could do very well over there and would bring a big following

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Loomis ex
I think it would be disloyal to the Opens anglers if they invited FLW guys who did not qualify for the Elites through BASS. The Opens anglers worked hard all year. It's not fair to change the rules on them at the end of the season.
I think its a must to change the qualy rules to fill the field, I think this year they were only supposed to invite 10 opens anglers and they need to fill minimum 30+ spots, and thats if all the non MLF invite Elite guys come back...
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 03:35 AM

Boy you guys sure do pick some interesting things to be optimistic about.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong but I don’t see 30-40 guys finding $50-75k each to go “try” this. I’ve had 8 calls in the last 3 days from people out looking for money for BASS and FLW plays.

You’re talking about 1.5-2.5 million in sponsorship money for relatively unknown anglers with no platforms. Who’s going to sponsor them? Where are they coming up with this money?

It’s way too late in the game to be hunting money in October. It simply doesn’t work that way. Also a lot of money is being re-routed to MLF.

Just don’t see how they’re going to make it work from Open anglers.
Posted By: Pat Cella

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Jones

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong but I don’t see 30-40 guys finding $50-75k each to go “try” this. I’ve had 8 calls in the last 3 days from people out looking for money for BASS and FLW plays.

You’re talking about 1.5-2.5 million in sponsorship money for relatively unknown anglers with no platforms. Who’s going to sponsor them? Where are they coming up with this money?

It’s way too late in the game to be hunting money in October. It simply doesn’t work that way. Also a lot of money is being re-routed to MLF.

If they go far enough down the list, they will find enough guys with a high enough limit on their credit cards to fish it.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Pat Cella

If they go far enough down the list, they will find enough guys with a high enough limit on their credit cards to fish it.

I’ve got the money... do I just post my phone number and debit card number? roflmao
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 12:54 PM

If they offer them the same deal as the returning anglers....they may very well move over to save $30,000 in entry fees.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 04:35 PM

With the first stop of the FLW Tour being at Sam Rayburn, it might be hard to convince Castledine, Cecil & Reehm. I look for them to get the FLW season off to a great start

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

If they offer them the same deal as the returning anglers....they may very well move over to save $30,000 in entry fees.
They're not gonna do that, that offer to current elites was a final attempt to prevent the exodus, it didn't work.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 05:13 PM

Not sure BASS is a better opportunity at this point. BASS is in disarray at the moment and I am not sure they can attract the anglers from FLW right now. I think they will right the ship but this coming up season is going to be very trying for them I think.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 05:23 PM

+1. You should just block Yates number if he keeps at it.
Posted By: bigmikey

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 06:19 PM

Make money and work on your brand. Never would have even heard of KVD if not for BASS.
Posted By: bigmikey

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 06:20 PM

Haven't looked at the schedule. May be able to fish BASS and FLW
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: bigmikey
Haven't looked at the schedule. May be able to fish BASS and FLW

They overlap
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: TdRoss

roflmao
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 10:24 PM

I haven’t been able to gain interest in following the opens. Not sure how well a field of them would move the needle.
Posted By: Burgerboy

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 10:57 PM

The guys will stay in FLW. At this point it is significantly more stable. Now three or four seasons from now. But BASS is in the business of qualifying and for one more season FLW is in the business of pay to play. Now next season you will have to qualify for both circuits. In three seasons the bottom 10 from MLF will drop and if they are not qualified for BASS or FLW through their open series, they will not have a big circuit to fish.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/10/18 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: TdRoss

Lol, done
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/11/18 01:45 AM

It would be ironic if Duckett starting the BPT led to Jocumsen getting back in the Elites. Duckett jumped his fish causing Carl to miss re qualifying.

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 10/18/18 03:11 AM

It has started, this guys didn't even fish the opens last year https://www.facebook.com/47059562684/posts/10155928537512685/

Re: Is the Elite series about to raid FLW? - 11/02/18 03:24 AM

Its a little strange they seem to be inviting current FLW guys and not former elite anglers...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum