Texas Fishing Forum

....Relevant Texoma info.....

Posted By: emorydog

....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 02:43 AM

.....I need some relevant info....My uncle friend an I are thinking of coming to texoma in two weeks. We want to catch a lot of 3-4 lb largemouth bass and also see if we can get alot of big smallmouth too, maybe some 4-5lbrs. . Please let me know what type and color crankbaits work best out there and some provide some productive areas so we have a good time. We fish jigs and worms too, so any if you could pinpoint any areas for those as well that will be great. Is there a good topwater bite about that time and what areas are good and best baits to use and what color.

Thanks. I’ll give a report when we done.

Oh, and I’ll try to keep my trailer all the way inside the lines after launching.
Posted By: ZX 250

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 02:54 AM

LMAO roflmao
Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 02:56 AM

Due east of the dam.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 02:58 AM

Is this the only fishing trip per year your friend gets to go on? roflmao
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 03:15 AM

There’s a good nibble up the river by the duck blinds by Powell, Weber. roflmao
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 03:20 AM

roflmao roflmao fish
Posted By: Chris B

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 11:36 AM

Fish are schooling in Highport all day long. Hardly anyone fishing them.
Posted By: buda13

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris B
Fish are schooling in Highport all day long. Hardly anyone fishing them.

roflmao
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 11:38 AM

bannana2
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 11:50 AM

Best action for largemouth right now is noodlin’ under the large rock and boat ramps in Buncombe Creek. Smallmouth are fair drone trolling poppers about a foot above the surface along the islands.
Posted By: Loganf

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 12:05 PM

What’s the water look like now? Has it muddied up bad yet? And does anyone know if they opened or are opening the gates?
Posted By: triton37

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 12:26 PM

I fished a little yesterday, went up the washita and water was clear to the car bridge. No floaters or issues north. Don't know about the red. They are releasing water .
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 12:46 PM

Been catching some big ones in the back of Soldier creek on deep diving spooks and when that bite turns off go to anyone of the marinas and start flipping 5oz weighted zoom freaks off of the big boats. Have been having the best luck if I tie my boat off to the boat that I’m flipping I call it “Rope Spot Lock”
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 01:11 PM

Ya'll are welcome to fish the brush I sank in Platter Flats but if I were you I'd fish it at night so nobody will see you.
You know how these tournamnent fishermen are. peep
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 01:34 PM

If you’re just wanting 3-4lb blacks and 4+ pound smallies, that should be easy. We have been catching the largemouth on the dam throwing Arigs, rigged with 8” Hudds. The smallies have been biting a Roman Made Mother swimbait. Make sure to have a few extras incase you break one off on a snapping turtle
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 06:35 PM

Don't forget to crig a orange jitterbug off the points near Eisenhower.
Posted By: topconmm

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 06:55 PM

That time of year should find the Big Girls stacked on the rock points up near Lebanon Pool or near the Cumberland cut inlet.
Posted By: buda13

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 07:28 PM

Dont forget the Butchers Pen! bolt
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 07:28 PM

One things for sure, it’s gonna be different than before 9/17... it’s only up 4’ and climbing...
Posted By: SC-001

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: ZX 250
LMAO roflmao
Texoma can be tough, I marshalled there for the bassmaster even 3 years ago and the guys I drew struggle and these are the best in the world, its really a better striper fishery.
Posted By: topconmm

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 07:32 PM

Hey Buda, My mom and all her brothers and sisters went to school in Butcher's Pen (seriously). I usually don't give out my favorite spots like that one.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Kevin Bryant
One things for sure, it’s gonna be different than before 9/17... it’s only up 4’ and climbing...

I was upset we never found time to go scout prior to cut off then the rains hit and I just smiled for a bit. Can't wait to see it in a couple of weeks.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 07:50 PM

lol.... Striper are biting.... caught several 3-4 pound Blacks on Tuesday with some small spots and small mouth mixed in with an occasional striper. Hope this helps, Let me know if you need GPS.

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris G

I was upset we never found time to go scout prior to cut off then the rains hit and I just smiled for a bit. Can't wait to see it in a couple of weeks.

You didn’t miss much... glad things are gonna be different!
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/26/18 09:31 PM

I am guessing I am not alone but I get PMs like the OP's when there is an upcoming HS event on a lake I have been to recently. Usually goes something like "my son and I are going fishing at lake X and I saw you were there recently. We don't get to fish much together so anything you can help us out with would be great." I have a soft spot for kids, I am gullible and usually fall for it, and then find out there is a HS tournament on said lake.

Good luck at Texoma everyone!!
Posted By: dk2429

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/27/18 03:30 AM

Deleted my post! Didn't realize it was a joke.. lol

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/27/18 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: dk2429
I got a laugh too... But really, don't understand some of y'all.. The dude just wants some info to catch a fish....... Just because you tell him what to throw and where the fish have been lately doesn't mean that all the fish are going to be gone next time you go..

Fishing has turned from a sport where people spread info so the next guy can have a good day and catch some fish on his time off, to a sport where if someone fishes your "spot," then they are going to ruin it, and everything is a secret. If I ever get asked how I catch fish, I'll tell them no problem.. Off of Bo Bobs point, with a baby bass 6XD in about 4-5 feet, etc... I don't see what's so bad about the guy going to where I caught mine so that he can have a good day and go home smiling too with some good pics.... There's plenty of fish in the lake..

Y'all can laugh at my post too, I don't give two solid [censored]. The man just wants a chance to go catch some fish......

I think you missed the point...
Posted By: dk2429

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/27/18 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: dk2429
I got a laugh too... But really, don't understand some of y'all.. The dude just wants some info to catch a fish....... Just because you tell him what to throw and where the fish have been lately doesn't mean that all the fish are going to be gone next time you go..

Fishing has turned from a sport where people spread info so the next guy can have a good day and catch some fish on his time off, to a sport where if someone fishes your "spot," then they are going to ruin it, and everything is a secret. If I ever get asked how I catch fish, I'll tell them no problem.. Off of Bo Bobs point, with a baby bass 6XD in about 4-5 feet, etc... I don't see what's so bad about the guy going to where I caught mine so that he can have a good day and go home smiling too with some good pics.... There's plenty of fish in the lake..

Y'all can laugh at my post too, I don't give two solid [censored]. The man just wants a chance to go catch some fish......

I think you missed the point...

Maybe I did....? If I did, I apologize for the rant... lol
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/27/18 05:01 AM

You did. It is a sarcastic/humorous post because Basschamps championship is coming up soon. It’s off limits right now unless public information is displayed for all to see.
The op has won more money fishing than most of us Ever will in our amateur careers.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/27/18 05:52 AM

I know nothing lol
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: ....Relevant Texoma info..... - 09/27/18 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
You did. It is a sarcastic/humorous post because Basschamps championship is coming up soon. It’s off limits right now unless public information is displayed for all to see.
The op has won more money fishing than most of us Ever will in our amateur careers.

Plus Weber is pretty good angler in itself! Him and Kernando made a pretty stout team back in the day!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum