Texas Fishing Forum

That's My Girl!

Posted By: Txfiremn

That's My Girl! - 08/16/18 07:26 PM

This was the last chance to take my 6 yo daughter fishing before she starts school on Monday. I decided to show her how to fish with a t-rig worm because she found the Strike King Ocho in pink and had to have them. I tied it to her Moana fishing pole and off we went. She was able to catch her very first bass that weighed 6 lbs. She did it all herself, the only thing I did was lip it in the boat.

Posted By: Jeremyworm

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/16/18 07:45 PM

Awesome stuff man. My daughter tends to do pretty well on pink and purple too. Great pic
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/16/18 07:50 PM

Doesn't get much better than that! Congrats to Father and Daughter!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/16/18 07:53 PM

That's actually a very impressive feat, not only her age but the fact she set the hook and was able to land that fish with that rod and reel. Big time congrats to you both. smile
Posted By: Robertson79

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/16/18 08:04 PM

That’s a nice fishing and a picture worth saving
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/16/18 08:07 PM

Great pic!
Posted By: Bassattak

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/16/18 08:24 PM

A memory that will last forever!! Congrats to your daughter.

Who needs that $500+ combo to catch the Bigguns smile Think of the space we could all have in our rod lockers
Posted By: CCTX

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/16/18 08:39 PM

Awesome!!!!
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/16/18 08:43 PM

Great to see!
Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/16/18 09:49 PM

Wait, where do I find the Moana rod and reel combo, what line, and does she guide?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/16/18 10:05 PM

Great story and beautiful memories. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/16/18 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: BWBForney
Wait, where do I find the Moana rod and reel combo, what line, and does she guide?

roflmao You're going to find all the Elites going to 4 foot Moana Rods next season. It's going to be a game changer.
Back to topic. Man is she going to have something for show and tell. Thanks for sharing, but more importantly thanks for showing and sharing the great outdoors with the next generation. Thanks to you dad, and tell her congrats what a feat. 6 years old and 6#'s cheersfor dad cheers for daughter
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/16/18 11:21 PM

Just noticed your forum name. Also thank you for you service to the public. flag
Posted By: Quackhead HFD

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/16/18 11:34 PM

Good job Dad!!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/17/18 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: sprigsss
Doesn't get much better than that! Congrats to Father and Daughter!
Posted By: Txfiremn

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/17/18 02:34 AM

Thanks everyone! Here's how it all went down: We set up on a rock point with a shelf. She casted out and landed on the bank, then scooted it in to the water. She was doing her thing, working it back to the boat. I asked her to reel in so we could move to the next spot. She casually said "I think I got one." I looked over and saw the line was tight and thought maybe she was hung on something. Then her rod tip moved and the fish started to pull drag. I was thinking cool she may have a little fish. It finally broke the top of the water and I couldn't believe what she had. I let her get it to the boat and I reached down and got out. It was a great moment.

Just before the trip, I respooled her line with 14 lb Berkley Vanish from an old spool I had, I guess it paid off. I'm not too proud to say I switched to the pink worms and started catching too. I told she had won today's fishing championship with the biggest bass. She told me her prize was to be the boss of the house for the rest of the day!
Posted By: Phototex

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/17/18 01:05 PM

Congratulations to each of you. Well done, Dad and daughter!
Posted By: TFF Staff 3

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/17/18 01:14 PM

Nice job! That will be a great memory for both of you!
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/17/18 03:30 PM

Great photo and story. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/17/18 05:24 PM

banana
Posted By: Bissett

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/17/18 08:13 PM

That's great! I can't wait til my little man is old enough to come with me
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/17/18 11:14 PM

thumb
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/18/18 02:27 AM

Thanks for sharing your story nothing like enjoying spending time with and teaching your kids to fish...even when they out fish you...haha..
Posted By: FlaNative

Re: That's My Girl! - 08/18/18 02:52 AM

A cute kid and a proud papa... very cool! Congrats to your daughter on a bigger fish than a lot of folks ever catch. And way to go, Dad, for getting her out of the house and on the water.

And about that "boss of the house for the rest of the day"... you know it lasts much longer than that, right, like until she leaves for college! smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum