Texas Fishing Forum

Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live

Posted By: KenTx1962

Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/12/18 05:05 AM

Guys, the last 8-10 minutes of this a great trip down memory lane, east Texas guys will know most of the names we talk about, this is my favorite video so far of the series, hope you guys enjoy watching as much as I enjoyed filming.

Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/12/18 11:39 AM

My partner and I fished the Specialty Bass championship on Dam B ( aka Steinhagen ) that Gary won and those of us that knew Gary understood that we were all fishing for second place and we were ok with it, he was just that good and a super nice man. Lots of great anglers were fishing that circuit and the Cowboy division of Redman back then.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/12/18 01:31 PM

Hey Ken, Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to do such a great job at interviewing these two gentlemen. I'm an old fart bank beater who really wants to learn offshore fishing. I got new electronics this year (Helix 12 Mega) and can't wait to really begin to understand how fish relate to the structure. I've learned more watching these 5 videos in a few hours than I have watching 5000 fishing shows on TV over the years. Great questions, great answers...GREAT JOB!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/12/18 01:33 PM

Be awesome to get Harold Allen and possibly Larry Nixon to talk about their history on Toledo. Maybe a Randy Dearman for Rayburn.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/12/18 01:52 PM

This is some of the best stuff I have ever watched. Thank you.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/12/18 03:58 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me Ken. That was good info

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/12/18 07:27 PM

Thanks guys, Jaret I'm chasing some guys that will be fun, trying to figure out how to pay for a better camera and some wireless mic's to get better audio.
Posted By: Capt. Bryan

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/12/18 07:49 PM

Ken maybe you need someone to tag along in the back of your boat and pick your brain over grass fishing or how to find fish for spring and fall patterns.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/12/18 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: KenTx1962
Thanks guys, Jaret I'm chasing some guys that will be fun, trying to figure out how to pay for a better camera and some wireless mic's to get better audio.

What kind of camera are you using now Ken?

What kind would you need to improve your videos? flag

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/14/18 12:04 AM

Great job on another video work up ken. Never have heard either of the guys mention the Carolina rig any.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/14/18 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Be awesome to get Harold Allen and possibly Larry Nixon to talk about their history on Toledo. Maybe a Randy Dearman for Rayburn.

I would love to see Harold Allen. That would be great.

Ken, do these boys ever catch fish in these videos?
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/14/18 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

It's the reality of searching for fish. You can go a day or 2 with a few bites before you find something, especially this time of year. Those guys make it look easy on tournament day but people dont see all the days of searching it takes.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/14/18 11:55 AM

I assure you they could go somewhere and catch fish. Reality is, fish aren't everywhere on Rayburn. That's why it's the same guys being consistent
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/14/18 12:53 PM

Great job on these video's Ken.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/14/18 03:37 PM

Ken your doing awesome! Really appreciate the hard work you have put into these videos

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/14/18 07:51 PM

If everyone is putting in requests for other videos and some local sticks around Rayburn and Toledo how about a Lonnie Stanley and Robert Hale video? Keith Combs on Rayburn or Toledo cranking? Or just a good electronics video in setting up and using them. That would help a lot of people out.

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/14/18 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: the skipper
Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

It's the reality of searching for fish. You can go a day or 2 with a few bites before you find something, especially this time of year. Those guys make it look easy on tournament day but people dont see all the days of searching it takes.

Yep. I’ve learned a lot from these. An excellent series. Kudos Ken. cheers
Posted By: skeeterbugzx300

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/14/18 10:02 PM

keep the videos coming ken, I watched all 5 of them. all the guys that albert & glen talked about in the 5th video I knew them.

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/15/18 03:55 AM

Hey guys thanks for the kind words, being in the boat with them was great fun, but the editing is quite a beating. They do start catching some fish, i think we are all used to seeing MLF where 15 guys are fishing and sometimes you see those guys go several hours before they start figuring them out, or most of them do, or a TV show where they fish for 6 hours and then they put the 7 fish they catch in a 20 minute show. This is the reality of looking/fishing, and at the end of the day they probably caught 10-12 fish, which isn't a bad day, i just didn't condense it, like i said in the intro video, there so many nuggets in the raw footage I didn't chop it down. Honestly it made me feel better to see them do what i do, struggle looking for fish.

My equipment, I'm using a GoPro Black 3+, which captures great video, but if the subject is any distance from the camera, or you have any wind, the audio stinks. I also have a Panasonic 1080 handheld which gets a little better audio, however it doesnt' allow for external mic's which is what i really need so you can understand these guys better, so I need to spend about $500 (minimum) on a camera that allows remote mic's, then i need to spend another $500 on a pair of wireless lavalier mic's. Which...since this is a non-money maker for me, takes a little time. I mean i don't have Ken A kinda cash!1!!

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/15/18 04:01 AM

Great stuff!! Very informative.
Posted By: OldChamp

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/15/18 05:41 PM

My equipment, I'm using a GoPro Black 3+, which captures great video, but if the subject is any distance from the camera, or you have any wind, the audio stinks. I also have a Panasonic 1080 handheld which gets a little better audio, however it doesnt' allow for external mic's which is what i really need so you can understand these guys better, so I need to spend about $500 (minimum) on a camera that allows remote mic's, then i need to spend another $500 on a pair of wireless lavalier mic's. Which...since this is a non-money maker for me, takes a little time. I mean i don't have Ken A kinda cash!1!!

Ken - if you have/get a camera with a flash "shoe" and also an external microphone input jack you might consider first trying an economical "shotgun"/cardioid pattern external microphone that mounts on the camera flash shoe. Shotgun mics are directional toward where the camera is pointed with reduced pickup on sides and back. Many come with a "dead cat" wind screen to greatly cut wind noise. One example is the R0DE VideoMicro around $60-$65. Might be worth a try before committing to separate remote mics and have to edit in the remote audio mix.
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/16/18 05:36 AM

Really great videos. Keep up your good work.
Posted By: Motomax

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/16/18 12:39 PM

This is great stuff. Thanks for the videos!
Posted By: texasbassdude

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/16/18 01:01 PM

Ken,

Anyone who's done GoPro work knows what a pain the editing can be. These are great videos you're doing, so hang in there!

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/16/18 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: OldChamp

Ken - if you have/get a camera with a flash "shoe" and also an external microphone input jack you might consider first trying an economical "shotgun"/cardioid pattern external microphone that mounts on the camera flash shoe. Shotgun mics are directional toward where the camera is pointed with reduced pickup on sides and back. Many come with a "dead cat" wind screen to greatly cut wind noise. One example is the R0DE VideoMicro around $60-$65. Might be worth a try before committing to separate remote mics and have to edit in the remote audio mix.

This is the road I was heading down but didn't know what camera he had.

I might just be able to help Ken out and get him a better set up before the next video series starts. texas
Posted By: Warden

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/16/18 07:16 PM

Great video Ken! Glad to hear Vernon was mentioned. Grew up in TriLakes listening to him and many others in the 90s. Thanks again.

Re: Video 5 Albert Collins & Glen Freeman Structure fishing Sam Rayburn now live - 08/17/18 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Warden
Great video Ken! Glad to hear Vernon was mentioned. Grew up in TriLakes listening to him and many others in the 90s. Thanks again.

I have probably saw you in there then! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum