Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Fairfield - 08/11/18 10:35 PM

.....and no way to fill it up.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Fairfield - 08/12/18 12:46 AM

Nor any reason to
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Fairfield - 08/12/18 05:08 PM

Guess they will let it die a slow death.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Fairfield - 08/12/18 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
2.48 feet low.

Website?
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Fairfield - 08/12/18 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

No more pumping from the trinity?

Re: Fairfield - 08/12/18 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman

The pumps were owned and operated by the power company. Necessary to offset the huge evaporation on a lake without a constant live river flowing into it and high water temps from the coal burning electrical plant. Same set up as Squaw Creek, Fayette County, Welsh.....Now that’s the plant is completely shut down no profit in spending money running and maintaining the pumps. Wish the state park system or county or someone would take over control of the pumps but doubt anyone would want to absorb the cost. Bet you see some drastic drops in the water levels as droughts come and go. Hope I’m wrong(so often am)! laugh
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Fairfield - 08/12/18 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Originally Posted By: Bossbowman

The pumps were owned and operated by the power company. Necessary to offset the huge evaporation on a lake without a constant live river flowing into it and high water temps from the coal burning electrical plant. Same set up as Squaw Creek, Fayette County, Welsh.....Now that’s the plant is completely shut down no profit in spending money running and maintaining the pumps. Wish the state park system or county or someone would take over control of the pumps but doubt anyone would want to absorb the cost. Bet you see some drastic drops in the water levels as droughts come and go. Hope I’m wrong(so often am)! laugh

I understand that the lake was filled by the power company and the plant is offline. I just can't see and I hope that someone has enough sense to not just let the lake dry up and stink up the county.

Re: Fairfield - 08/12/18 11:07 PM

My uneducated guess is it will never dry up. It's still a damed up watershed. I just believe you will see way lower water levels occasionally. Have to since it took pumping from the Trinity River to keep it full(or close to full) historically. Wonder how low the ramps were built for?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Fairfield - 08/12/18 11:09 PM

2.48 feet low.

Where are you getting this info?
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Fairfield - 08/13/18 12:09 AM

I thought I heard the city of Fairfield is taking control of water rights. For future water source for the city.

Re: Fairfield - 08/13/18 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: slim 285
I thought I heard the city of Fairfield is taking control of water rights. For future water source for the city.
Even worse! Pumping out instead of in!

Re: Fairfield - 08/13/18 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
2.48 feet low.

Where are you getting this info?

Didn't matter where he got it.....I was there yesterday, and he's correct. It is 2-1/2 ft low.

Also......redfish are still in the lake. Don't know how many, but I know i had one try to demolish a frog. .....and it was pretty big.
Posted By: Freecobasser

Re: Fairfield - 08/17/18 01:30 AM

Access still ok?

Re: Fairfield - 08/17/18 03:12 AM

Yes. Ramps are fine.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Fairfield - 08/17/18 11:04 PM

2.48 feet low.

Where did you get level for Fairfield?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum