Texas Fishing Forum

Raul Morineau passes away

Posted By: TBassYates

Raul Morineau passes away - 08/08/18 07:07 PM

Back in the 90's I fished with a lot of good anglers in the old Anglers Choice Pro Ams. One of my great draws was Raul Morineau who used to travel back and forth from Mexico City. I got to spend a day with him during a tournament at Lake Livingston once and it was one of the most fun times I had because of the great conversations I had with him. Every time I saw him for the next couple of years he would always ask how I was doing and ask how the fishing was. One of the great things about fishing for such a long time was the great people you meet and Raul was definitely one of the best as well as a really competitive tournament angler who fished all over the country. One year he fished in all four of the Bassmaster Open events. That is unbelievable. Even though I have not crossed his path for many years, I heard he has been living down at Sam Rayburn for the last 15 years or so and hated hearing the word of his passing at age 78.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Raul Morineau passes away - 08/08/18 07:14 PM

Rest in peace fellow fisherman. angel2
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Raul Morineau passes away - 08/08/18 07:28 PM

https://www.samrayburn.com/agent-rentals--mariela-morineau/56749

You might want give his daughter a call.
Posted By: Bass N Beer

Re: Raul Morineau passes away - 08/08/18 08:24 PM

BassFan Article
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: Raul Morineau passes away - 08/08/18 10:50 PM

I also fished Angler's Choice late 90's. I never drew Raul but met him through others.
AWESOME Person, My Condolences!!
Posted By: chris flay

Re: Raul Morineau passes away - 08/08/18 11:34 PM

He came up to lake st.clair and fished a Canadian Open pro-am event. I drew him the second day and had a blast, we caught a bunch of smallies that day and laughed all day.He was affiliated with strike King baits and he gave me a strike King hat and a bunch of baits. He even invited me out to dinner with some other Mexican team mates and he payed for the whole dinner. He was just an all around great guy who lived life to the fullest. Prayers for his family. Chris.
Posted By: WadeMiddleton

Re: Raul Morineau passes away - 08/08/18 11:50 PM

That guy simply loved to fish! He always seemed to be smiling no matter if he zeroes or had a great limit
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Raul Morineau passes away - 08/09/18 06:52 AM

Really hate to hear about him passing

I was fortunate to draw him in a Bass Weekend Series event on Richland Chambers when I was just getting into the tournament game

Could not have asked for a nicer guy to fish with. He couldn’t have possibly gone out of his any more to make sure I had a great time and was on fish
I could sit there and listen to his stories all day, he lived life to the fullest and got to expierence it in ways most of us could only imagine

Every time I see a yellow and maroon basscat I can’t help to not take a double take to look and see if it’s him

Not sure how he carried all the baits he did since he seemed to have cupcakes and sweets in every compartment in his boat

Will be missed for sure
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Raul Morineau passes away - 08/09/18 12:46 PM

There are some people that you meet for just a few minutes and never forget. Mr. Morineau is one of those for me. I met him sometime in the late 90's at an Open on Lake Ouachita. We talked in the marina for a few minutes, then while he was getting his boat ready. He left such an impression of just an honest, caring, friendly, real guy who loved to fish, you could tell in an instant this was a great guy and not a pretentious bone in his body.

Rest in Peace sir.
Posted By: KenTx1962

Re: Raul Morineau passes away - 08/09/18 01:31 PM

He was always a happy guy, always had a smile on his face. Rest In Peace Raul.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Raul Morineau passes away - 08/09/18 03:32 PM

Dang I remember him fishing the local stuff on Rayburn, the Bassnbucks and I believe the early Basschamps
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Raul Morineau passes away - 08/09/18 04:44 PM

http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/...au#.W2xu29JKiUk

The link above wouldn't work for me, so attaching the article.
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: Raul Morineau passes away - 08/09/18 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

I stayed at there place this past spring for the first time... now it is the only place at rayburn I will stay she is a GREAT host! and the yellow i think bass cat they were selling is such a beauty!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum