Texas Fishing Forum

Question about “pressured fish”

Posted By: sdgull

Question about “pressured fish” - 08/06/18 04:02 AM

Neighborhood ponds: you can fish them daily, throw whatever, catch them and there are always people there...

Are they more or less pressured than our lakes?
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Question about “pressured fish” - 08/06/18 11:08 AM

5 out of 4 fish say that "we don't like pressure of any kind; and we wish these humans would leave us alone" smile
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Question about “pressured fish” - 08/06/18 12:02 PM

Can't compare the 2
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Question about “pressured fish” - 08/06/18 12:38 PM

I've seen lots of ponds go from easy fishing to very tough fishing as pressure increased. More or less than our lakes? That of course all depends on the pond and the lake. Way to many variables to be able to make a blanket statement that would have any real meaning.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Question about “pressured fish” - 08/06/18 12:53 PM

I've said it once. And I'll say it again. "Pressure" is an excuse for a bad day of not finding fish.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Question about “pressured fish” - 08/06/18 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
I've said it once. And I'll say it again. "Pressure" is an excuse for a bad day of not finding fish.

Kinda agree? I know there are spots where the fish are more conditioned to baits being thrown at them. When a certain spot has 200 baits thrown a day at it versus a spot that has 2 baits thrown at it, I would think your percentage getting a bite would be higher with the latter. Of course "pressure" is used in my library of excuses as well nuts
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Question about “pressured fish” - 08/06/18 03:33 PM

Depends on how much food is available in the pond. Some of them will eat a bare hook due to lack of forage.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Question about “pressured fish” - 08/06/18 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Lots and lots of scientific studies that show pressure absolutely reduces bite rates. For tournament anglers I agree it's a fact of life and pressure is what it is. For everyone else who doesn't have to fish certain lakes at certain times there are absolutely strategies that can be employed to increase catch rates through fishing low pressure times, locations, or lakes.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Question about “pressured fish” - 08/06/18 05:14 PM

I like it better when the fish are the ones under pressure, to eat. My odds go way up.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum