Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/02/18 12:54 PM

On sale $4.99 150yd

https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/webapp/...uknzngrn2500fli
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/02/18 01:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up!
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/02/18 01:40 PM

I've never used this braid before and have always used PowerPro. And for some reason, anytime I see something 75% off it makes me skeptical of the product. Any feedback on this braid?
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/02/18 01:42 PM

I might would buy it but not from Dick's. whip

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/02/18 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris G
I've never used this braid before and have always used PowerPro. And for some reason, anytime I see something 75% off it makes me skeptical of the product. Any feedback on this braid?

Most of the reviews I see on it says it isn't as strong as it is rated. hmmm
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/02/18 02:13 PM

@bigdozer66....didnt You get in on the fake curado k’s grin
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/02/18 02:33 PM

I have some and it works well. Been spooled on all year and no real "cons". I've had some breakages but think its my knots not the line as its happened across a broad range of lines. It tends to dig in some as its really thin but seems like you get so much more on a spool even with a backer that its worth it. Haven't ever seen the color change/fade on it.

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/02/18 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.
@bigdozer66....didnt You get in on the fake curado k’s grin

I haven't checked the thread lately.

I'm guessing I'll be contacting my credit card company soon then?
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/02/18 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: bassmanrudy
I have some and it works well. Been spooled on all year and no real "cons". I've had some breakages but think its my knots not the line as its happened across a broad range of lines. It tends to dig in some as its really thin but seems like you get so much more on a spool even with a backer that its worth it. Haven't ever seen the color change/fade on it.

This has been my concern with all of these new thinner/slicker braided lines. Sure they are quiet and cast further but they also tend to really dig in on a hard hook set. Think I will just stick with what has worked for so long despite the noise.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/02/18 04:23 PM

Strongest braid for me is sufix 832. I've tried power pro slick 8 and it had horrible abrasion resistance for my applications. Ive been using daiwa samurai braid with good results. The 50lb is size of 10lb.
Posted By: Chet

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/02/18 05:47 PM

832 is great braid.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/02/18 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Chet
832 is great braid.

Always liked the Suffix 832 stuff! Didn't like the price as much though. Nice round line that did exactly what it was supposed too. Power Pro is good stuff but tends to dig really bad on a hookset. They make the yellow colored line though and wow it sure works for flipping(just sharpie the last few feet).
Posted By: AMERICAN-TEXAN

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/14/18 04:07 PM

What color 832 ya'll using for the Frog Fishing? Camo?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/14/18 04:14 PM

Green
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/14/18 06:20 PM

I bought 3 spools of Kanzen during this flash sale. Figured I’ve wasted $15 on dumber things.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/15/18 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Strongest braid for me is sufix 832. I've tried power pro slick 8 and it had horrible abrasion resistance for my applications. Ive been using daiwa samurai braid with good results. The 50lb is size of 10lb.

Supper slick is supper not worth a damn for heavy cover 832 is hard to beat.
Posted By: Chet

Re: Seaguar Kanzen Braid - 08/15/18 01:06 AM

I have old eyes and use 15lb gold 832 on a 7-1 IMX Pro with a 7 ft 12lb fluro leader. Have a casting reel loaded with 50 white but think the fish at Falcon could see it even in dirty water. Wont use white next time.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum