Texas Fishing Forum

Bonham Help Please

Posted By: PhoenixFan

Bonham Help Please - 08/01/18 03:21 PM

I am taking out a guy who has not fished a lot lately, and going to Bonham. Never been on it so, help on baits, colors, would be appreciated. Also any areas where running on pad is not a good idea...
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: Bonham Help Please - 08/01/18 04:11 PM

Not sure about what's hot up there, but be sure to get the permit that is required. There are one or two gas stations nearby where it can be purchased.
Posted By: Barn

Re: Bonham Help Please - 08/01/18 04:12 PM

Not many lake hazards like timber. There are some long extended points so keep an eye on depth finder and stay out away while running. Same for running in some of the creeks watch your depth as you head to the backs if running. I can't really help on baits. I haven't been out there in a couple of months.

Fish bridge and dam with a crankbait or bifflehead and you should get some bites. There are quite a few docks you can fish. Some may be shallow now. It's not that big of a lake you should be able to try out most of your confidence baits.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Bonham Help Please - 08/01/18 04:46 PM

And the restaurant at the ramp.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Bonham Help Please - 08/01/18 04:48 PM

c rig brush piles on main lake points with a watermelon red baby brush hog also.
Posted By: irbf

Re: Bonham Help Please - 08/01/18 10:33 PM

Exxon station open way to lake has permits. Also coffee place at ramp if you go on the week-end.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bonham Help Please - 08/02/18 03:58 AM

For a shallower bite, weightless Senkos and Texas Rigs in the reeds near deeper water.
Posted By: Legend_Alpha_211

Re: Bonham Help Please - 08/02/18 01:55 PM

They're biting good for me at the moment. Wacky Senko's have been my best bait. Truly not one spot has been better than the other. I'm just hitting spot after spot. Rocks is where I would start early. I'd fish the dam and all bridges for sure. Top water bite has been good early, look for bass eating shad. I've been off the lake most days by noon but I'm catching 20lb sacks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum