Texas Fishing Forum

Sheldon Enforcement of no wake

Posted By: BrockstaRama

Sheldon Enforcement of no wake - 07/29/18 06:24 PM

Little birdie with a badge told there will be new methods for catching people running on plane in that lake. I think it's about time too. I fish there quite a bit and I feel like those wakes are eating up some of the islands but who knows. Thought I would warn those who didnt know it was a no wake lake.
Posted By: JC Skeeter

Re: Sheldon Enforcement of no wake - 07/29/18 10:23 PM

Good, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been there an guys in bass boats or aluminum boats act like there in a tournament and run from spot to spot. Funny thing is if you’re on plane you can get from one end to the other in maybe 3-4 minutes lol.
Posted By: Mr. Incredible

Re: Sheldon Enforcement of no wake - 07/29/18 10:36 PM

Is it getting any better secwise? I would love to go but not to the point I need to have my hip holster in view or worry about my truck and trailer.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Sheldon Enforcement of no wake - 07/30/18 12:48 PM

Last time I was out ( April) there were many running on plane, none that I recognized so likely all non-locals who dont read the signs and keep everything they catch. They should get some better lighting and a dumpster over there, but all the money goes to the opposite end of the park there. I like that lake but its too hot for me to fish right now. I liked it when they closed Oct to Mar.
Posted By: Kuhuna

Re: Sheldon Enforcement of no wake - 07/30/18 01:38 PM

I fish Sheldon frequently and this has become a major problem. My suggestion would be to make the sign more visible. It is not in a conspicuous place and can easily be missed. As far as security is concerned, I have never had an issue and the amount of traffic this place sees seems to have sent the crooks elsewhere. Maybe I am just lucky.
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: Sheldon Enforcement of no wake - 07/30/18 05:11 PM

Any crime issues there lately?
Posted By: TexanTiger

Re: Sheldon Enforcement of no wake - 07/30/18 05:15 PM

I have had some stuff stolen out of the bed of my truck. I know shame on me, but I would be careful none the less. It has been small stuff too like boat/trailer ties, transom saver, ect.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Sheldon Enforcement of no wake - 07/30/18 06:25 PM

I've only been to the lake twice.. Maybe it's changed since I've been, but you've got a bigger gut than me to run anything over idle in that lake. From what i remember it was shallow as hell
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Sheldon Enforcement of no wake - 07/31/18 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: dk2429
I've only been to the lake twice.. Maybe it's changed since I've been, but you've got a bigger gut than me to run anything over idle in that lake. From what i remember it was shallow as hell

Exactly what I was thinking! I would probably fish this lake more often if I could drop the big motor, run around and cool off. But where???? Must be a bunch of aluminum flat bottoms with smaller outboards.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Sheldon Enforcement of no wake - 07/31/18 12:38 AM

Most boats I see are full size bass boats. My 19 is a small boat there usually.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Sheldon Enforcement of no wake - 07/31/18 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: BrockstaRama
Most boats I see are full size bass boats. My 19 is a small boat there usually.

Don't know how they launch and load on that ramp. I haven't been back since I bought a 20.5 boat a year and a half ago. It was a biotch to get my old 19' on the trailer.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Sheldon Enforcement of no wake - 07/31/18 02:50 PM

I have to heave mine up over the bow roller a lot. One thing I learned though is although it is real steep, its not really a problem for most trucks and I used to haul my rig with a front wheel drive SUV out of there ( light vehicle) easily. I wish you could still launch off Garret, that was before my time there though but I know at one time you could.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Sheldon Enforcement of no wake - 08/01/18 04:07 AM

While on the topic, that ramp will handle a bigger boat? My rig is a 22ft Majek Extreme. Only time I went there was with a little 8ft bass raider. If I can drop my 22ft in there I'd go again
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum