Texas Fishing Forum

Costa Alternatives??

Posted By: ksalmon

Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 02:52 PM

So I just lost my second pair of Costa’s. This time fly fishing in Colorado. So no more 200 dollar sunglasses for me. What are some under 50 dollar alternatives?
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 02:56 PM

Fun N Sun Carries Bomber sunglasses that aren't too bad. I think they're 50-70 bucks and they float. I these take instead of my costas when I'm going somewhere that I'm likely to break/lose my sunglasses.
Posted By: Andrew Murphy

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 02:57 PM

Shady Rays, they may not last long, but they start out exceptional. Plus you get a free pair to claim if they break or get lost. Mine were great until they got a scratch mid lens.
Posted By: FlaNative

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 03:00 PM

I have some Typhoon Mariner II sunglasses that have served me well as inexpensive backups to my prescription Costas.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow
Fun N Sun Carries Bomber sunglasses that aren't too bad. I think they're 50-70 bucks and they float. I these take instead of my costas when I'm going somewhere that I'm likely to break/lose my sunglasses.

For that money you can buy Costas.

https://www.steepandcheap.com/rc/costa-on-sale

I recently bought 480 glass Cabalittos for $74 with free shipping. I like them because they have no foam on the earpieces. My last pair lasted 12 years till I lost them.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 03:49 PM

Cheap and costas dont go together for a reason. U wont find a cheap pair of glasses that will function like a pair of costas. You want to spend $70 get on step and cheap like was posted earlier.

But if I was buying good glasses that dont break the bank I'd buy the Strike King S11 lenses glasses. About $40 I think and pretty good glasses.
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 03:51 PM

Smith Optics. Worn them for forever.
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 03:55 PM

I wear ONOS. I needed the bifocals are couldn't find costa's without ordering them blindly.

You can find them on amazon and ebay for about $80

https://onos.com/
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 05:18 PM

$20 polarized PUGS. If they get a scratch I pitch them and get another pair.
Posted By: Fishin4TX

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 06:04 PM

Strike King S11 optics. Designed for fishing and don't break the bank

http://www.strikeking.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108&Itemid=926
Posted By: 9094

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 06:11 PM

I would buy a neck strap and some more Coastas.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 06:18 PM

I wear Cablz on all my glasses now. Got sick of loosing them in the lake!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 06:22 PM

You can find some good deals on both kaenon and Costas if you look around enough. Best cheap pair I've ever got was a pair or glass lens Magellan's from academy
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 06:39 PM

Give Solar Bat a try. Very affordable and good glasses.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
I wear Cablz on all my glasses now. Got sick of loosing them in the lake!

X2 and still managed to lose a pair of Costas off my hat last year. roflmao
Posted By: onfork

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishin4TX
Strike King S11 optics. Designed for fishing and don't break the bank

http://www.strikeking.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108&Itemid=926
good ones for the money
Posted By: Phil Addison

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/24/18 11:50 PM

Strike king s11 is a very good choice
Posted By: Dale Griffin

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/25/18 01:17 AM

Smith on close out deals are a good value. I absolutely love mine as my Costas started to give me terrible headaches. I found some polarized chroma pop Smiths for $65 on Amazon and Backcountry.com.
Posted By: HawgWrangler

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/25/18 04:15 AM

Checkout XX2i Optics! You can not go wrong. They offer a 365 day satisfaction guarantee and a no questions asked lifetime warranty.

My favorites are the France 2. They are really light and comfortable to wear all day. They have great lens size for good coverage from the sun, available with poloarized lenses, and offer interchangeable lenses. So you can get Polar gray and Polar Bronze/Amber.

The greatest feature is the availability of readers/bifocals. Really important for us guys whose eyes are getting old.

www.xx2i.com
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/25/18 11:24 AM

Amphibia. They won't be $50.00 but they are great sunglasses, they float so if they fall off of your head while fishing they don't sink to the bottom of the lake and you don't loose them. I just got my pair with lenses that have readers built in for us guys who need them and don't have to switch out and put a separate pair of readers on to tie knots etc. Just got them and they are great in a pair of Hydrafoil Frames. Great fishing glasses.
Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: Costa Alternatives?? - 07/25/18 12:39 PM

Sounds like you need a neck lanyard for your glasses.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum