Texas Fishing Forum

Thank You Ken A.

Posted By: Blindshot54

Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 02:59 AM

Just want to publicly thank Ken A. for his help and fishing knowlege, and his willingness to share when I brought a fishing question to him. Ken’s advice paid off big time for me and my fishing buddies this week. We all had our eyes opened to a new and better way to fish in tough conditions. Thanks for sharing your knowlege brother. It is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Steve
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 03:45 AM

Never met Ken before but he does seem like a nice guy always willing to help and stand up to those who need standing up to on here at times.

Good job Ken!
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 04:33 AM

I think he makes some youtube videos, is that the same guy?

Seems like a good guy to me.
Posted By: WCLBASS

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 09:17 AM

Ken is top shelf,and a credit to fishing!
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Blindshot54
Just want to publicly thank Ken A. for his help and fishing knowlege, and his willingness to share when I brought a fishing question to him. Ken’s advice paid off big time for me and my fishing buddies this week. We all had our eyes opened to a new and better way to fish in tough conditions. Thanks for sharing your knowlege brother. It is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Steve

If we were all like Ken, this world would be such a better place to be. And I'm serious about that....
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 11:11 AM

One of the most generous men you'll ever meet too. He's probably bought every person in Texas lunch at least once. Speaks Texan better than I do too, lol.
Posted By: GrassProShop Jim

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 11:58 AM

Could not agree more. I met Ken about 7 years ago. We both lived in Colleyville at the time, so I reached out via a PM and said maybe we should meet since we were neighbors. We had lunch, and he also went with me to Bass Pro to help me get started in buying gear, since I was new to bass fishing.

We have become good friends, and I count Ken as one of the most standup and close friends I have. And yes, he is generous with his time and is plain a simple a good man in so many ways.
Posted By: Slade

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 12:43 PM

Ken has helped me alot too, he's a great guy!
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 12:58 PM

I have met Ken a few times, very nice man, he knows his stuff too, fishing and boats.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 01:52 PM

Thanks guys. Y'all are too kind. I just like people plain & simple.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 02:03 PM

I am very proud to call Ken a friend. He is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable fisherman we have. His desire to help never stops. He can help you make the right decisions in every fishing direction that you would like to go. If the TFF gave out a VIP award; Ken would get my vote.
Posted By: Neches

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Blindshot54
We all had our eyes opened to a new and better way to fish in tough conditions. Thanks for sharing your knowlege brother. It is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Steve

So you gonna reveal the new way to fish or is it a secret?
Posted By: djones03

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 02:19 PM

Ken met me at the lake and taught me how to drive my boat at top end speeds. Awesome guy. I’ve still never been able to get it as fast as he did, lol.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 02:31 PM

Meh, he's ok.. eeks bolt

cheers roflmao cheers
Posted By: salex

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 03:17 PM

I think Ken summed it up himself. He simply enjoys helping people. He is learned the old Dale Carnegie quote. "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to make others interested in you."

He is wonderful about reaching out to make friendships happen. Friendships take effort and thoughtfulness; he does/has both. Thanks for being my friend!!!
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 03:55 PM

We are talking about Ken A. here right????

Jk!
Ken is great! Very astute! Very happy to help others, but no self confidence- lol!
Posted By: KenTx1962

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 04:28 PM

Crankin, I make the videos, Ken A is the good looking version of me....granted older, but still! roflmao
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 04:34 PM

Ken A. Is definitely one of our most valued members. Always look forward to what he has to contribute to the forum. His number is definitely in my phone. Glad he was of help to you blindshot 54.

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: KenTx1962
Crankin, I make the videos, Ken A is the good looking version of me....granted older, but still! roflmao

Those are the vids I was thinking of.

cheers
Posted By: Garett

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 04:49 PM

I just had lunch with Ken last week! And he did indeed insist on paying for it! Very nice guy, and very funny as wel. Hopefully everyone can learn a little bit from him.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 05:05 PM

Instead of six degrees of separation, it's something like three degrees for Ken A. I guarantee you he knows a guy who knows that guy, etc. He's a networking master and just a great dude.

Just don't tell him we said all of this. wink
Posted By: BoomBoom

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 05:24 PM

Never met Ken, but he really seems like a great guy and contributes a bunch to this forum. I'm just waiting for him to set up a lunch for us H-Towner's down here! banana
Posted By: Mr. Incredible

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: BoomBoom
Never met Ken, but he really seems like a great guy and contributes a bunch to this forum. I'm just waiting for him to set up a lunch for us H-Towner's down here! banana

I’d like that too!
Posted By: KSalcedo222

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 06:30 PM

Oh, dont get me started.... loco rolleyes

roflmao
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 06:34 PM

Ken has mad skills...
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 06:38 PM

Once the mutual Ken hug-fest is over, would it be appropriate for someone to tell the rest of us, that don't know Ken, what wisdom was provided as mentioned in the very first post almost two pages ago?

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: FlatBack4
Once the mutual Ken hug-fest is over, would it be appropriate for someone to tell the rest of us, that don't know Ken, what wisdom was provided as mentioned in the very first post almost two pages ago?

Ken knows everybody who is somebody and a lot who are nobody's and can let you know the difference, lol. Truthfully he's just a nice guy who's been around the fishing industry from top to bottom and willing to help anyone who needs his knowledge, experience and acumen. He's also good for a free lunch. thumb
Posted By: Neches

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

knowledge, experience and acumen. thumb
Ken is the only one on here that knows what a acumen even means. Chuck Norris has Ken on speed dial
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 08:45 PM

He introduced those boys to his best invention ever...... The Senko. bolt

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 08:59 PM

Ken, let's meet for lunch; steak and lobster sound ok to you? smile

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Ken is on vacation and prolly be broke by the time he gets back, how 'bout a Big Mac ?

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: KSalcedo222
Oh, dont get me started.... loco rolleyes

roflmao

wink lol_2

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: JacksonBean

He introduced those boys to his best invention ever...... The Senko. bolt

roflmao roflmao roflmao

roflmao

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: KenTx1962

thumb
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 11:32 PM

Ken has taught me a lot about high performance bass boats. Great guy, always looking out for my safety.
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Neches

Ken is the only one on here that knows what a acumen even means. Chuck Norris has Ken on speed dial

I had to Google it. peep
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 11:34 PM

Ken is Chuck Norris' body guard... Because nobody can see Chuck behind him

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/23/18 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: H2ODawg67

I had to Google it. peep

Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/24/18 12:57 AM

[/quote] Ken is the only one on here that knows what a acumen even means. Chuck Norris has Ken on speed dial [/quote]
I had to Google it. peep [/quote]

[/quote]
I feel like I'm in the TFF Hall of Fame, I got Gig'ems' double nay nay. clap
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/24/18 01:11 AM

One of the most generous men you'll ever meet too. He's probably bought every person in Texas lunch at least once. Speaks Texan better than I do too, lol.

I have known him awhile. He has never bought me lunch. I must be an a**
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/24/18 01:15 AM

I had lunch with him a couple of weeks ago and had to rip the check out of his hands. He is a genuinely helpful guy, like it was in the good ole days

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/24/18 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Dubee

You goober

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/24/18 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Originally Posted By: Dubee

You goober

WOAH, WOAH, WOAH, thats no kind of language for Ken A to be using.
Posted By: RTM

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/24/18 12:11 PM

I met Ken at Camelot Bell. He was finishing up and we were to start fishing the next morning. He was very kind to give me a lot of information on how he was fishing and what was working for him. He actually gave me some specialty weights and techniques he was using with them as well as the locations. We have talked off and on about fishing and how to get those big fish to bite. Great guy and it's people like him that make TFF so great for all of us.
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/24/18 12:15 PM

Ken is on vacation and prolly be broke by the time he gets back, how 'bout a Big Mac ?

That's my luck, BigMac when it's my time. I'd be tempted to take this check, and be slow on the draw for the lobster and steak lunch.

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/24/18 03:02 PM

That's my luck, BigMac when it's my time. I'd be tempted to take this check, and be slow on the draw for the lobster and steak lunch.

Lemme tell you it costs a small fortune to take 10 folks to Florida on vacay. I have the wife, 3 of my boys, 2 of their GFs, daughter, SIL, & grandson. ugh I may have enough left to buy you a porkchop at Perry's on 7th Street when I am done.

I am actually in Austin at least once a month. We'll make it happen. wink
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/24/18 06:04 PM

This makes me feel great inside! Especially knowing I taught Ken all he knows. I even use to guide him and Dustin as a trail boat, and wouldn't even charge him! banana
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/24/18 06:39 PM

I don’t know Ken personally but he’s been very kind the couple times we’ve messaged, he was very kind to my girlfriend who PMed him about a surprise guide trip for Christmas and he gave her advice, AND he’s owned some Bullet’s so we know he’s a real man... keep it up brother
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/24/18 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
This makes me feel great inside! Especially knowing I taught Ken all he knows. I even use to guide him and Dustin as a trail boat, and wouldn't even charge him! banana

eeks

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/24/18 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey

You just made Dr. Pepper come out my nose!! clap woot
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/24/18 07:31 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Thank You Ken A. - 07/24/18 08:31 PM

I've outfished Ken everytime we have fished Fork together (once), but when he bets that you can't grab that Hundo bill on the console grab your hat instead cause something is about to go freaky fast. He has been an awesome resource over the years and my life is better for having met him.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum