Texas Fishing Forum

How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year

Posted By: LeonSulak

How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/19/18 08:40 PM

If you fished from 6am-12pm (or as long as you can take the heat), how many fish would you expect to catch to call it a good day?
Posted By: Cole P

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/19/18 08:45 PM

A lot of factors at play here. But for the sake of argument on average between 5 - 40 bass.
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/19/18 08:49 PM

a couple weeks ago we went out on thursday evening from 6:30-9:00 and caught 18.5 pounds between our best 5 fish... that following saturday from morning till little after lunch and caught 3 fish for about 7lbs.

we went out this past saturday and fished from 6-2 and caught 2 fish. on(one was 5lbs)
we went this past tuesday from 6:15pm-915pm and caught 14... and its been like this for several weeks now.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/19/18 09:39 PM

Depends on the lake.
Posted By: LeonSulak

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/19/18 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Depends on the lake.

How about your ‘home lake’ or one your enjoy to go to.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/19/18 10:30 PM

For two people where I’m fishing.

10-15 is a bad day.
20-30 is average.
40+ is a big day.
Posted By: Capt. Bryan

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/19/18 11:07 PM

If I only wanted to catch bass 50 plus. If I wanted 4+ pound bass probably 3.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/19/18 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: bigfishtx

10-15 is a bad day.
20-30 is average.
40+ is a big day.

Can I go. I just live down the road from you. I could use some of that. Mexico is calling my Name.
Posted By: FlaNative

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/19/18 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
Originally Posted By: bigfishtx

10-15 is a bad day.
20-30 is average.
40+ is a big day.

Can I go. I just live down the road from you. I could use some of that. Mexico is calling my Name.

Me too! How big is your boat?
Posted By: GeoTro1

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/19/18 11:40 PM

It depends on the lake or weather. Here lately I have been averaging 10 an outing by myself with 37 being the most. If I have someone else with me it can range from 10-50.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/20/18 12:05 AM

0-2 on Alan Henry unless I feel like throwing a small popper and catching 20-10” fish.

Other nearby lakes, 5-10 keeper sized fish is decent day.

10-20 would be a great day.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/20/18 12:35 AM

I would do better fishing the hottest part of the day. My morning bite has not been as good this year. 2 pm till 8pm I expect a dozen. 5 will be decent and 1 will be a 5 plus
Posted By: barbarian

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/20/18 01:24 AM

Had this conversation last trip. What’s a good trip? For me any trip I catch 10+ myself, I consider it a very good trip. 20+ and I text my wife and kids that I’m quitting my job and going pro. Kind of my running joke in our family group text.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/20/18 01:33 AM

30+ or a Chitty day
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/20/18 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: LeonSulak
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Depends on the lake.

How about your ‘home lake’ or one your enjoy to go to.

Monday evening, on Waxahachie lake, I caught around 55-60 from 5:30-8:30. Schooling on the dam. In contrast, today on lake Clark, I fished from 6-8 and caught 4. Both were fun in their own ways. Waxahachie was fishing a community honey hole. Clark was fishing top water morning bite. Clarks fish averaged around 3-1/2 pounds each. Waxahachie fish were ALL under 14".
Posted By: Jumpin J

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/20/18 02:35 AM

I would think that the number of fish feeding in the "twilight" hours, and overnite, is extremely high, right now. Also, seems small schoolers are more prevalent, in the summer, so depending on the lake, daytime trips could be catching a bunch of 2 lb'ers then hope for 1-2 fish over 5 lbs., and maybe a 3 lb. or two. Best 5 is more important than numbers, to me.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/20/18 12:23 PM

0-25
Posted By: senko9S

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/20/18 12:29 PM

good day would be over 100 w a lot of schoolers.
Posted By: tin man 55

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/20/18 12:57 PM

i think the heat is getting to some of you guys.....
Posted By: CCTX

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/20/18 01:13 PM

I expect to find and catch deep schools of big wolf pack bass every time in the summer (but, obviously they aren't always biting like that)

Hottest part of the day, especially if there's a good wind, and maybe some cloud cover/approaching front, my confidence increases.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/20/18 01:58 PM

I mostly fish alone from 7 a.m. to about 11 a.m.

Normal would be a dozen or so.
Posted By: TexasTechBassAngler

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/20/18 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: sprigsss
0-2 on Alan Henry unless I feel like throwing a small popper and catching 20-10” fish.

Man, I want to fish wherever some of these other guys go, or maybe they're just better than me... I agree with the above, but I will say that I typically try and target quality over quantity. Id rather catch 5 good ones than 50 dinks.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/20/18 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasTechBassAngler
Originally Posted By: sprigsss

Man, I want to fish wherever some of these other guys go, or maybe they're just better than me... I agree with the above, but I will say that I typically try and target quality over quantity. Id rather catch 5 good ones than 50 dinks.

Yeah you could literally catch 100 fish a day on alan Henry if you threw the smallest castmaster spoon they make or a beatle spin.

Could also catch tons of tiny spots on topwater throughout the day, just not what im after.

Im only counting keeper fish above.

If I catch 50 10-12" fish, yeah it might be a fun day, but not what I call a good day if I couldnt figure out a bigger bite.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/21/18 02:26 AM

Catching about 30 at Fork.
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/21/18 08:01 PM

You could catch around 10-20...after that you are subject to bursting into flames at any moment.
Posted By: guntz67

Re: How many bass would you expect to catch this time of year - 07/22/18 04:50 AM

Originally Posted By: tin man 55
i think the heat is getting to some of you guys.....

+1
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum