Texas Fishing Forum

Granbury lake help

Posted By: Texas_fishin2010

Granbury lake help - 07/17/18 04:41 PM

Not new to fishing but new to actually being on my own boat and in control. I have been trying to find some offshore fish since it’s 150 degrees everyday and I’m still learning how to read the graphs and can not seem to find anything. Been looking for some structure and stuff just because I am kind of assuming that’s where I will find some fish

Anyone familiar with granbury lake at all that may be able to give me some advice? Maybe some waypoints to try.

P.S. i do 90% of my fishing on the south end
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/17/18 04:52 PM

welcome to the forum. I can help you with a few suggestions to get you headed in the right direction. I do mapping of all the lakes and sometimes giving up a few spots leads to a job to really help you learn the lake and how to fish the lake. Just send me a Personal Message by clicking on my NAME.
Posted By: RudiTexas

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/17/18 05:18 PM

I was in the same position as you last summer, being new to having my own boat and went to granbury as well last July. All I can say is go to a new lake it’s very tough in the summer

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/17/18 05:49 PM

Yea I would like to go explore new lakes with the new boat. But being 5 minutes from granbury lake is pretty nice. And I usually am at a crunch for time so I am trying to make the best of of. I know I just need to spend time on the water and learn. I just get a bit frustrated some times haha
Posted By: RudiTexas

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/17/18 06:02 PM

We were throwing finesse jigs on the steep rocky banks on the south side and slowwww crawling them. Casting into 3 feet of water dragging down into 15 or so then restarting. Got a couple bites that way but still like I said nothing special. Biggest of that day was like a 3 pounder and then we caught like 7-8 small ones

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/17/18 06:11 PM

Most of my bites have been coming from docks with jigs and creature baits. A few squarebill fish here and there. But with the lake losing water and a lot of docks getting shallow was thinking of heading offshore a bit
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/17/18 10:09 PM

Weezer... is that you?

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/18/18 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: dillon_SWFA
Weezer... is that you?

Yessir!
Posted By: txfsh

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/18/18 07:19 AM

I feel your pain. Gbury is my home lake and when it is fishing good its REAL good. But when it turns off like now its just the dead sea. I fished it last weekend and only caught two fish both days. I just dont know where they go when it gets hot. I have fished it all the way down to 20 feet deep and just cant seem to get the bites anymore. I'm thinking about doing some night fishing. Who knows maybe it will help. Sure cant hurt thats for sure.

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/18/18 10:43 AM

Well it honestly makes me feel better knowing I’m not the only one having issues out there. I have gotten quite a bit of information not from people on here sending me stuff and been really studying maps. So I need to get out there and do some fishing!

I’m just tired of flipping docks all day long and only catching 2 fish after hours and hours of time out there.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/18/18 07:41 PM

I went today and we caught 15 bass with one of those being keepeer.

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/18/18 10:39 PM

What were you using? I was there and only caught one. I need to learn from someone like you and I wouldn't be so depressed every time I go.

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/18/18 11:02 PM

I use either baby brush hog or speed craw. I was fishing in 4 foot of water. I could graph fish deeper but could not get them to bite.

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/18/18 11:30 PM

I sure appreciate it coach. I need all the help I can get
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/19/18 01:33 PM

All Docks are not created equal , Skipping Docks is a good way to find them , fast and keeps you moving , wacky set up or jig , works for me . Don’t be surprised to find a potlicker watching you .

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/19/18 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Hog Jaw
All Docks are not created equal , Skipping Docks is a good way to find them , fast and keeps you moving , wacky set up or jig , works for me . Don’t be surprised to find a potlicker watching you .

THIS
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/19/18 04:02 PM

I've been on Granbury for at least 4 days a week since last September. It's a funny lake, but it amazes me the cover out there that NEVER gets fished because people think it's just too obvious.
Posted By: Dabaker421

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/19/18 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: LinkLowrance
I've been on Granbury for at least 4 days a week since last September. It's a funny lake, but it amazes me the cover out there that NEVER gets fished because people think it's just too obvious.

THIS
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: Granbury lake help - 07/19/18 06:49 PM

I would be skipping docks as mentioned above and doing it quick and keep moving until I got bit and then spend time on that dock after I confirmed that there was bass there. Hard to beat a nail-weighted wacky rigged zoom watermelon candy finesse worm with the tail dipped in some JJ’s magic!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum