Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Bridgeport lake launch points.

Posted By: Bcline212

Lake Bridgeport lake launch points. - 07/12/18 05:28 PM

I've got a kayak tournament this weekend but have never fished the lake. Is there any public spots to launch, other than TPWD ramps, any where close to the west side of the lake? Can you launch off rattlesnake island? Is there a way to get from the east side to the west side of the road going to rattle snake island without going all the way around? Looking to fish some spots close to jasper creek. Any advice would be appreciated!
Posted By: laserfish

Re: Lake Bridgeport lake launch points. - 07/12/18 08:03 PM

There is the marina just off of the 380 bridge. You can launch there or across the street at the One Stop. No launch off of Rattlesnake Island and no way over the causeway going out to it. You are stuck going around unless you want to portage over the causeway. You can catch them between Rattlesnake and Horse Islands, around the islands to the west and the shallow sand bar NW of Rattlesnake. Also the creek west of the un named islands.
Good luck

Re: Lake Bridgeport lake launch points. - 07/12/18 08:26 PM

Dang i was hoping not to hear that. That makes for a long paddle. I noticed some tracks down to the lake shore off of shady oaks drive just north of jasper creek. Do you know if that is private land?
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Lake Bridgeport lake launch points. - 07/12/18 08:49 PM

There's some great water around the Wise County Park ramp. Don't know where your weigh in is but that's my recommendation.

Re: Lake Bridgeport lake launch points. - 07/13/18 12:35 PM

The wise county park is up on the North end by the creek isn't it? I had some good info on some main lake points and anticipate most of the field to be crammed in the creek.
Posted By: JavelinJ

Re: Lake Bridgeport lake launch points. - 07/13/18 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Bcline212
The wise county park is up on the North end by the creek isn't it? I had some good info on some main lake points and anticipate most of the field to be crammed in the creek.

It is going to be a long [censored] paddle to any of the main lake points from any launch site. When i heard they were doing a kayak tourney that was my first thought. Who the heck wants to paddle for an hour to get to the fish??
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Lake Bridgeport lake launch points. - 07/13/18 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Bcline212

WCP is on the north end but everyone will have the same problem as you launching near main lake points. Lots of areas to fish besides the creek.
Posted By: laserfish

Re: Lake Bridgeport lake launch points. - 07/13/18 03:23 PM

There are a few places you can launch off of Shady Oaks, but most of it is private lake homes. Look on your google maps and you can tell which are private and the ones that are not (all are privately owned, just no one ever goes there, we ride 4 wheelers around there all the time. Just be respectful of the property and no one cares.)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum