Texas Fishing Forum

Waxahachie

Posted By: basscaster46

Waxahachie - 07/09/18 10:34 PM

Does anyone know if ramps are open now for non city residents?
J D popcorn
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Waxahachie - 07/09/18 10:53 PM

Should be. The notice I got was through last weekend.

Re: Waxahachie - 07/09/18 11:46 PM

We went sat early saw the Park was closed but we went being that couple others were there.
City guy told us that homeowners were complaining about trash and crowds on holidays.
Maybe every holiday we’ll see .
J D popcorn
Posted By: James P.

Re: Waxahachie - 07/10/18 12:21 AM

Are they gonna make it a private lake?

Re: Waxahachie - 07/10/18 02:39 AM

I got news for em.......it's the locals that are trashing it out!!! Not the bass boat crowd from nearby towns.

It's the Waxahachie teens in their mud tire 2wd hick trucks doing powerslides through the parks.

It's the local Hispanic church doing the baptisms in the lake and having huge parties afterwards that are leaving trash all over the place.

Trust me on all of this, I have witnessed it all firsthand a hundred times.
Posted By: JayInNRH

Re: Waxahachie - 07/10/18 03:06 AM

You can put in at the neighborhood ramp off Lakewood Dr, if you're brave enough to slide out of there. If it gets about 2 inches lower, you won't be able to use it. I made it out in Pantera II, but kicked up some mud.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Waxahachie - 07/10/18 07:55 AM

Did they ever post speed limit signs on the lake? It has a max of 35 MPH. It's been years since I fished it.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Waxahachie - 07/10/18 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By: James P.

Dale Hansen has a home on the lake ( looks like about 6 acres of shoreline ) and I'm sure he would like it, let's say used a lot less. I'm sure the city hears a lot from him about noise and litter.

Re: Waxahachie - 07/10/18 11:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Did they ever post speed limit signs on the lake? It has a max of 35 MPH. It's been years since I fished it.

35mph max all watercraft signs and no wake signs at the ramps
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: Waxahachie - 07/10/18 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
I got news for em.......it's the locals that are trashing it out!!! Not the bass boat crowd from nearby towns.

It's the Waxahachie teens in their mud tire 2wd hick trucks doing powerslides through the parks.

It's the local Hispanic church doing the baptisms in the lake and having huge parties afterwards that are leaving trash all over the place.

It is nuts. I am surprised no one has gotten hurt in that parking lot. One lady that lives over there and picks up trash after these clowns said she started finding needles last year. That's crazy to me. That's not a hiding spot, you are out in the open, right by the road sticking yourself.
Posted By: csmithag95

Re: Waxahachie - 07/10/18 03:17 PM

When i was there last week I had to ask people to move off of the boat ramp so I could launch and load. And they looked at me like I was in their space??!! But I didn’t see anything related to a sign for residents only.

Re: Waxahachie - 07/10/18 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: dillon_SWFA

It is nuts. I am surprised no one has gotten hurt in that parking lot. One lady that lives over there and picks up trash after these clowns said she started finding needles last year. That's crazy to me. That's not a hiding spot, you are out in the open, right by the road sticking yourself.

Drug addicts live in their own little world.

I know I see the guys fishing that lake put their trash in the trash cans, and I for one, appreciate the trash cans. I hate having used plastics in my boat. And soda bottles, etc.
Posted By: Bassfishing_Skeeter

Re: Waxahachie - 07/11/18 06:50 AM

Yes the ramps are open have fun

Re: Waxahachie - 07/11/18 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam

35mph max all watercraft signs and no wake signs at the ramps

Been fishing there along time never noticed speed limit signs good info.

Re: Waxahachie - 07/11/18 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Dale Hansen has a home on the lake ( looks like about 6 acres of shoreline ) and I'm sure he would like it, let's say used a lot less. I'm sure the city hears a lot from him about noise and litter.

Heard he moved

Re: Waxahachie - 07/12/18 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: basscaster46

Heard he moved

His place is way off the main lake where hardly anyone goes. There hasn’t been a boat on his dock for a few years but last time I was over there, I saw one halfway off the lift because a line broke. I guess the new owners tried it out and things went south.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Waxahachie - 07/12/18 02:00 AM

Sure he did move. He built that house about 20 years ago when there wasn't much out there. Were only a handful of homes in his neighborhood back then.

Re: Waxahachie - 07/12/18 11:20 AM

Originally Posted By: dillon_SWFA
Originally Posted By: basscaster46

Heard he moved

His place is way off the main lake where hardly anyone goes. There hasn’t been a boat on his dock for a few years but last time I was over there, I saw one halfway off the lift because a line broke. I guess the new owners tried it out and things went south.

That picture in the "Waxahachie guess the weight" thread I started? Yep. It came from under that boat. Good spot.

Re: Waxahachie - 07/12/18 01:45 PM

Yes it is. I caught this one near there last March while trying out some new stuff. She had some cool spots.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum