Texas Fishing Forum

If you didn't......

Posted By: Fish2222

If you didn't...... - 07/08/18 12:55 AM

Man, if you didn't get on the water in east Texas today....you missed it.
Nice and cool (for July)...little breeze, and the bass cooperated fairly well.
Put 6 in the boat....lost 2 on topwater....donkey-rigged flukes were the ticket on Athens.

Still, better than not fishing.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: If you didn't...... - 07/08/18 02:23 AM

Good job fish. I stopped fishing on the weekends, too crowded. Much more pleasurable through the week but good for you. Seems like you catch'em pretty good.
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: If you didn't...... - 07/08/18 10:36 AM

Nice!

Must have been a good day yesterday! Conroebass Mid-day Madness tournament yesterday, 1st place 28.75 with 9.57 kicker! In July! eeks
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: If you didn't...... - 07/08/18 02:11 PM

Worked, like always. Weatherman said 80% bad thunderstorms today so slept in. Wake up to sunshine and no rain in sight. I knew better than to listen to those idiots.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: If you didn't...... - 07/08/18 02:16 PM

Fished Bridgeport yesterday afternoon till dark. In almost 30 years I have never seen so many people on the lake or out on their docks. Absolutely crazy. It looked like Lewisville or Cedar Creek out there. Literally you could not even attempt to fish docks as almost every other one had people on it or swimming around it and we were not about to bother anyone and try to fish them.

We did catch some fish with a couple if nice ones and had a great evening. The weather was amazing and all in all for how crowded it was we had no real issues. Hopefully it was just the carryover from the 4th and not the new norm out there.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: If you didn't...... - 07/08/18 02:28 PM

Nice trip and report. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: If you didn't...... - 07/08/18 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet
Worked, like always. Weatherman said 80% bad thunderstorms today so slept in. Wake up to sunshine and no rain in sight. I knew better than to listen to those idiots.

Dang Chance....that sucks.
It stormed here (Tyler area) for 3 hrs this morning....glad I stayed home to help my wife paint the living room....I think.
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: If you didn't...... - 07/08/18 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Good job fish. I stopped fishing on the weekends, too crowded. Much more pleasurable through the week but good for you. Seems like you catch'em pretty good.

Same here, after being rained out Monday-Friday, went out on a Saturday, then remembered why.
Jet skis buzzing around, at the ramp I encountered a
Pontoon offloading in middle of double ramp, but first offloading groceries tackle etc,
then the usual "Holding the rope while parking vehicle'.

Great job!!Nice fish!! smile
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: If you didn't...... - 07/09/18 02:45 AM

I was wishing I was fishing today....just like most days.
Did get out during the last full moon but we caught all our fish before dark.
By the time the moon was out it was very windy and we were fished out and beer-ed out already.
I was at Cedar creek a couple days later before 4th and it was a crazy-(blank) boat show.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum