Texas Fishing Forum

ten killer lake

Posted By: Joefishhunter

ten killer lake - 07/07/18 11:18 PM

Does anyone on here have any info about this lake. I thinking of planning a trip this year. When is the best time to go?
Thanks for any info
Posted By: bondsman

Re: ten killer lake - 07/08/18 04:13 PM

I was looking for info as well on tenkiller as we are going on July 15 thru 19th
Posted By: mossyback75

Re: ten killer lake - 07/08/18 04:25 PM

Cool name anyway
Posted By: Von

Re: ten killer lake - 07/09/18 01:22 PM

Killer is generally tough this time of year. I've been on it a few times. Buddy fishes it pretty regularly. I feel prespawn to early post spawn is the best time on Killer. Really not sure how the fall bite is.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: ten killer lake - 07/09/18 01:56 PM

I went to college in Tahlequah and spent a lot of time on Timekiller. Fall is my favorite time to fish it. Just grab a sqaurebill or spinnerbait and hit the creeks.

It fishes a little tougher in the summer months. I'd be fishing in 15-30' this time of year. Good night fishing lake though.

BASS College national championship will be there later this month. Wish they would have had it there 5 years ago!!
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: ten killer lake - 07/10/18 10:29 AM

Great night lake, and you might catch a nice smallmouth too!
Posted By: justfishin89

Re: ten killer lake - 07/10/18 10:44 AM

Good Smallmouth lake, deep clear water, if you have never been, your best bet would probably be spinner bait, Texas rig, and a jig/ swim jig in the backs of pockets. Good luck.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: ten killer lake - 07/10/18 06:00 PM

Excellent night fishing in the summer, world class smallmouth live there and big largemouth. . Fantastic jerk bait and a-rig fishing in the winter. I've seen it listed several times in the top 10 prettiest lakes in the country and I would agree with that. And no matter what you read about Jason Christies home lake being Grand, Tenkiller is where he learned to fish. It's a gem, I like it much better than Broken Bow. Also Jimmy Houstons home lake, he has a bait shop/convenience store there. If you guys are coming, let me know and I'll help any way I can. There is a ton of lodging, decent restaurants nearby, and I know the lake pretty well.

Re: ten killer lake - 07/10/18 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: rj74955
Excellent night fishing in the summer, world class smallmouth live there and big largemouth. . Fantastic jerk bait and a-rig fishing in the winter. I've seen it listed several times in the top 10 prettiest lakes in the country and I would agree with that. And no matter what you read about Jason Christies home lake being Grand, Tenkiller is where he learned to fish. It's a gem, I like it much better than Broken Bow. Also Jimmy Houstons home lake, he has a bait shop/convenience store there. If you guys are coming, let me know and I'll help any way I can. There is a ton of lodging, decent restaurants nearby, and I know the lake pretty well.

I might have to take you up on that offer Ron. hahah. I've got an all nighter there in August.

Re: ten killer lake - 07/10/18 06:38 PM

I just realized the smallie on my left sig pic was from Tenkiller lol. She went about 4.5 and is my PB smallie. Caught her in late October on a squarebill off a main lake point.

I hit this spot a few days prior and lost what would have been my PB at the time on the same cast to the same spot with the same squarebill. Jumped off right at the boat so it hurt pretty deep. Went back a couple days later and caught what I think was the same fish. Redemption lol
Posted By: Panhandle

Re: ten killer lake - 07/10/18 08:11 PM

I have always wanted to fish that lake! Great info on here!
Posted By: WhiskeyTango223

Re: ten killer lake - 07/10/18 08:20 PM

Deep brushpiles and docks over deep water with a shakey head or ned rig and let it fall straight on a slack line. Try Sixshooter and Sizemore creeks, when you catch one under a dock fish that dock well because they'll be stacked under there.also the docks and points going in to Buvkhorn are consistent producers.

P.S. KEEP A SPOON TIED ON AND ON THE DECK FOR SCHOOLING FISH. Largemouth, smallmouth and sandbass all school on tenkiller and will bust shad on the surface.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: ten killer lake - 07/10/18 08:59 PM

BASS College national championship is there next week.

Re: ten killer lake - 07/10/18 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: WhiskeyTango223
Deep brushpiles and docks over deep water with a shakey head or ned rig and let it fall straight on a slack line. Try Sixshooter and Sizemore creeks, when you catch one under a dock fish that dock well because they'll be stacked under there.also the docks and points going in to Buvkhorn are consistent producers.

P.S. KEEP A SPOON TIED ON AND ON THE DECK FOR SCHOOLING FISH. Largemouth, smallmouth and sandbass all school on tenkiller and will bust shad on the surface.

This x 100. Docks everywhere. Seriously, I know a lot of Texans go to Broken Bow and it's a beautiful lake, but Tenkiller is not that much farther. It is a great, gorgeous lake. It's not big enough to handle the huge tournaments and doesn't get hammered. A lot more stuff off the lake to do close by than Broken Bow also.

Re: ten killer lake - 07/10/18 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Bissett
Originally Posted By: rj74955

I might have to take you up on that offer Ron. hahah. I've got an all nighter there in August.

I am ready right now, Wes! But I'm too old to fish the all nighters anymore, I have to tie off to a bouy at dark thirty and sleep til daylight.
That's a nice smallmouth in your sig,,,,,, fish it in December through February and you will blow your personal best out of the water, literally. There are giants there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum