Texas Fishing Forum

Graph mount problem fixed!

Posted By: BassStalker

Graph mount problem fixed! - 06/30/18 01:06 PM

Mounted my first dash mount prototype on my 2000 ZX185. Have a few adjustments to make but works great. And wasn't $300. Still have to figure out to paint or hydro-dip.

Posted By: Greg Stine

Re: Graph mount problem fixed! - 06/30/18 01:49 PM

Just a suggestion!

2 screws effectively create a “hinge”. When beating full speed on rough water, the vibration might work your connections loose. If you could get a 3rd screw somewhere not in line with the other 2, you’d Have a stronger connection.

Otherwise it looks good to me.

Re: Graph mount problem fixed! - 06/30/18 03:23 PM

Have been thinking about that! Its pretty solid, flexes very little. I just used to two factory holes in the dash to start with. Building the courage to drill more hole.The mount is 6061 Alum. 3/16. All cut on a water jet and the back plate is bent with the radius of the dash. Super light! I'll post some more pics once I get it finalized.
Also, probably going to trim 1" off the top deck and drop a 1".
Posted By: WCGunns

Re: Graph mount problem fixed! - 06/30/18 05:08 PM

Plati-Dip would be easy and cheap.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Graph mount problem fixed! - 06/30/18 10:39 PM

It look good , but not criticizing just asking did you use screws or are theses bolts if screws I would use bolts with nuts on them
I would definitely add a 3rd screw or bolt .
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Graph mount problem fixed! - 07/01/18 01:50 AM

Looks like you might be able to drill a hole at the top center of your bracket and put an aluminum strap (wider than the cutout your cable are coming through) behind the cutout and bolt it. No more hole in dash. Thank me later with some decent fish pics.
Posted By: KingChamp202

Re: Graph mount problem fixed! - 07/01/18 03:36 PM

I highly suggest that 3rd hole. If it was me id make a blanking plate that would be inside the hole with either a blind riveted nut or you could use a regular lock nut. that would secure the to graph mount and fill in the hole without drilling any new holes lol. just a thought!
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Graph mount problem fixed! - 07/01/18 04:39 PM

Coat with a bed liner maybe?
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Graph mount problem fixed! - 07/01/18 05:35 PM

I take it you didn't like the idea of a ram mount next to the console.

Re: Graph mount problem fixed! - 07/02/18 03:34 AM

206champion, H20dawg67 that is looking like the plan. I still have to get a blank for the old flasher hole in the center. Will be perfect for 3rd mounting connection.
Yes, I did use stainless bolts, fender washer/lock nuts on back.
Had the ram mount and was tired of taking it on and off, Not being secure etc.
Posted By: Stroker XS

Re: Graph mount problem fixed! - 07/02/18 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: H2ODawg67
Looks like you might be able to drill a hole at the top center of your bracket and put an aluminum strap (wider than the cutout your cable are coming through) behind the cutout and bolt it. No more hole in dash. Thank me later with some decent fish pics.

That’s how I built mine without any holes drilled in my boat. I would post a pics but I’m not sure how
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Graph mount problem fixed! - 07/02/18 02:23 PM

You could have that piece anodized black if you want it to look good. Gleco Plating in Rowlett can do it for you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum