Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin graphs

Posted By: New_Guy

Garmin graphs - 06/30/18 03:54 AM

I have a garmin striker 7sv, that I’ve used fish local tournaments. I bought it cause it was a lower priced graph ( probably my first mistake ). I’m in my first boat this year fished as a co-angler for quite a while so budget was pretty tight and almost all the reviews I saw were good. Well 12 total tournaments later and a couple times fun fishing later my graph has already messed up twice with same errors. First time they had me send my transducer in and sent me a new one with me paying shipping, I’ve fished twice and this one is doing the same thing. Took right at a week to get an email back. I emailed back just a couple minutes later, now I’m going to have wait another week. Has anyone else had problems like this or is it just me lol? Just frustrated right now.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Garmin graphs - 06/30/18 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: New_Guy
I have a garmin striker 7sv, that I’ve used fish local tournaments. I bought it cause it was a lower priced graph ( probably my first mistake ). I’m in my first boat this year fished as a co-angler for quite a while so budget was pretty tight and almost all the reviews I saw were good. Well 12 total tournaments later and a couple times fun fishing later my graph has already messed up twice with same errors. First time they had me send my transducer in and sent me a new one with me paying shipping, I’ve fished twice and this one is doing the same thing. Took right at a week to get an email back. I emailed back just a couple minutes later, now I’m going to have wait another week. Has anyone else had problems like this or is it just me lol? Just frustrated right now.

1 email without a response in 48 hours would have been enough for me to call their customer service line and speak directly with someone until you were provided with a solution. Document everything and get names of the people you speak with at Garmin.

Re: Garmin graphs - 06/30/18 02:59 PM

I definitely would, but I have a new job with nothing but overtime! They are closed when I get to work and closed when I get off unfortunately.
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Garmin graphs - 07/01/18 02:00 AM

You say it messed up twice with the same errors. What errors are you talking about? Are you wanting help or just venting? People can't help without all info. Send Ring Fry a PM he can maybe talk to Garmin for you. He is on their pro staff. Explain what is happening with your unit a d that you are at work during Garmins business hours.

Re: Garmin graphs - 07/01/18 02:56 AM

Maybe a little of both, sorry about the vague details, the first error is short detected to the transducer, then after I hit ok. Then it will bring up a no transducer detected message.
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Garmin graphs - 07/01/18 07:52 PM

I sent Ring Fry a text. He said "ok". Don't know if he is going to contact you or just garmin. But you might check the unit where the transducer plugs in. Pins may need cleaned. I'm sure Ring Fry will help you the best he can to get your problem solved. He's a stand up guy.
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Garmin graphs - 07/02/18 03:01 PM

Sent you a PM.

SE Kansas grass grower
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum