Texas Fishing Forum

Electronics installation

Posted By: Henry T

Electronics installation - 06/23/18 10:50 PM

Does anyone have any recommendations on someone to install electronics around the Tyler surrounding area?The boat shops are booked way out.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Electronics installation - 06/24/18 03:16 AM

if you want a professional then go to Sartin Marine, they did a good job on my install a few years ago.

Re: Electronics installation - 06/24/18 04:26 AM

Thanks. I called them and they are like 3 to 4 weeks out. I was just trying to see if anybody new of anyone that done it on the side that could be trusted
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Electronics installation - 06/24/18 12:19 PM

Did you try Shipps Marine in Gladewater or East Texas Sonar in Longview?
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Electronics installation - 06/24/18 12:50 PM

Diamond Sports Marine has done several for me,..see Fred.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Electronics installation - 06/24/18 01:03 PM

Mallard Marine
They are very knowledgeable even though they just recently started the actual business. He does all my maintenance, power pole & electronic installs. Best prices by far!

Posted By: Choogie Chunker

Re: Electronics installation - 06/24/18 01:24 PM

Call Richard at Tinys fiberglass in Longview. He might be able to help you. He’s a fine fellow.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Electronics installation - 06/24/18 01:49 PM

I would put Sartin Marine at the top of the list

Re: Electronics installation - 06/24/18 06:27 PM

I’ve tried everyone local. And everyone is booked or I can’t get them to answer
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Electronics installation - 06/24/18 06:34 PM

If you want someone else to do it (just finished sweating profusely and cursing after installing a new unit and transducer this morning) and all the boat guys are booked; I’d call some of the car audio places to see if they’d do it—it’s the same principles (but much easier than an auto job)—-they might not have the space for a boat and trailer though

Re: Electronics installation - 06/24/18 07:25 PM

Well has anyone had any dealings with Michael Cimino (electronics installer)?
Posted By: Joefishhunter

Re: Electronics installation - 06/25/18 01:44 AM

Do it yourself, it's not that hard.
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: Electronics installation - 06/25/18 04:03 AM

Have you tried Bill Macon at Lake Fork Electronics in Alba?
He installed a couple of Garmin units on my little Skeeter and did a fine job.
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: Electronics installation - 06/25/18 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Henry T
Well has anyone had any dealings with Michael Cimino (electronics installer)?

He use to be the head mechanic at Diamond Sports, last I heard he didn't have a shop and preferred to make house calls.
I've never used him, but some at Lake Lydia have and they give him good references.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Electronics installation - 06/25/18 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Henry T
Thanks. I called them and they are like 3 to 4 weeks out. I was just trying to see if anybody new of anyone that done it on the side that could be trusted

Sartin Marine

I took my boat to them once because they said they were 3 weeks out and everyone else had a longer wait at the time. Well it took them 7 weeks to get to it and when I came to pick up the boat it was half covered and full of dead crickets. I will never use them again. Ever.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Electronics installation - 06/25/18 01:52 PM

Not sure what kind of boat you have but I do all of my own work, that way I know how it is done. I just finished installing a 3rd unit, power switch and fuse block.

Do your homework before hand, be prepared to screw up something and get after it!

One note, use brass locknuts on your stainless fasteners, they will be a lot easier to remove if you have to do so, I speak from experience!!
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Electronics installation - 06/25/18 06:21 PM

You should be able to do it yourself, there is nothing to it. The only tricky part is running the ducer cable to the back sometimes...
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Electronics installation - 06/25/18 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: 721Phoenix
Not sure what kind of boat you have but I do all of my own work, that way I know how it is done. I just finished installing a 3rd unit, power switch and fuse block.

Do your homework before hand, be prepared to screw up something and get after it!

One note, use brass locknuts on your stainless fasteners, they will be a lot easier to remove if you have to do so, I speak from experience!!

Or just use anti seize which is ALWAYS recommended for stainless to stainless fasteners.

Its good to do it yourself there will always be future issues and knowing where to look and what to shake or re fasten will keep you fishing...
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Electronics installation - 06/25/18 06:24 PM

Shut Up and Fish

Check here and make the short drive. flag

Re: Electronics installation - 06/30/18 01:07 PM

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I have decided to go with Michael Cimino (Electronics Installer) I will give feedback afterwards. Thanks again

Re: Electronics installation - 06/30/18 01:08 PM

Bump

Re: Electronics installation - 07/10/18 03:50 PM

Just an update only for those that care. I went ahead and went with Micheal Cimino and I am very satisfied. He showed up at my house on time and he worked fast but careful to make sure my installation was perfect. He would not finish until he found the right bolts and parts that were not in the box. His prices are very reasonable as well. He will get all of my repairs and installations for now on.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum