Texas Fishing Forum

Electrical Issue

Posted By: Wormin

Electrical Issue - 06/23/18 03:01 AM

Please recommend someone that can fix my electrical issue on my Ranger near Lewisville. Seems like one of the breakers is out. Can't get the livewell, lights, bilgde, main graph, ect to come on. I checked all of the fuses, nothing out. Its like the power to the driver console is out.
Posted By: WackySenko

Re: Electrical Issue - 06/23/18 06:04 AM

Does it run on rocker switches or a board
Posted By: Tucker01

Re: Electrical Issue - 06/23/18 09:42 AM

Do you have a main breaker back by the battery?
Posted By: sll

Re: Electrical Issue - 06/23/18 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Tucker01
Do you have a main breaker back by the battery?
Check for this first. Small black box at the end of the cable that is on your battery post......some boats have it. If the plastic tab has popped out you just push it back in to reset it.
Posted By: James P.

Re: Electrical Issue - 06/23/18 02:48 PM

I had a pump going out in my livewell on my basscat. It would trip my a10 touch pad, once I turned power switch off . And back on everything worked again till I turned pump back on.

Re: Electrical Issue - 06/23/18 02:59 PM

There are two circuit breaker switches in the battery compartment. One for main battery and one for TM. It’s a rocker switch. It either goes to the fuse block then a terminal board under the dash or vise versa. I gotta look at the wiring diagram. The terminal block isn’t getting power. Do those circuit breakers go bad?

I also gotta check to see if there is a black box with something to push in like sll mentioned.
Posted By: RandyD

Re: Electrical Issue - 06/23/18 03:13 PM

This.... """Check for this first. Small black box MOUNTED ON TOP OF LID" ......some boats have it. If the plastic BUTTON has popped out you just push it back in to reset it"" … or,..

These breakers will go bad,... I replaced mine recently on a '96 462VS... took a little time finding an exact replacement online

Re: Electrical Issue - 06/23/18 05:03 PM

Confirmed bad breaker. West Marine has a replacement in stock.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum