Texas Fishing Forum

Lefebre

Posted By: SoCal Tom

Lefebre - 06/22/18 03:39 PM

I just noticed on Bassmaster Live he does not have a recessed trolling motor pedal on his boat. Wonder why?
Posted By: Walls

Re: Lefebre - 06/22/18 03:41 PM

He's a different dude.....bet he has a weird reason/answer. But he can catch 'em.
Posted By: nitroslim

Re: Lefebre - 06/22/18 03:46 PM

I would guess its so he can move around a little more on the front deck.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Lefebre - 06/22/18 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: 5X3Phoenix
He's a different dude.....bet he has a weird reason/answer. But he can catch 'em.
I saw both of those up close and personal at the PAA on Ray Hubbard a few years ago. I was in the boat with him for the last day. Interesting experience. Jekyll and Hyde so to speak.
Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Re: Lefebre - 06/22/18 03:59 PM

What advantage does a recessed tray provide? I've never had one on any boat I've owned and it has never bothered me.
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Lefebre - 06/22/18 03:59 PM

Way more comfortable.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Lefebre - 06/22/18 04:00 PM

He has a bad back and said using a TM pedal with a recessed tray hurt his back much more than the traditional on-deck foot pedal. He also likes the foot pedal cocked a bit to one side and as close to the bow as he can get it.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Lefebre - 06/22/18 04:05 PM

I'm not a fan of recessed pedal either... my reasoning is the recessed pedal causes your center of balance to be more "forward" while on the TM. Being that I fish shallow stumpy lakes most of the time, when I hit something and it brings the boat to a complete stop I'd prefer my balance to be back of center to keep me in the boat and not doing a swan dive over the trolling motor.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Lefebre - 06/22/18 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13
I'm not a fan of recessed pedal either... my reasoning is the recessed pedal causes your center of balance to be more "forward" while on the TM. Being that I fish shallow stumpy lakes most of the time, when I hit something and it brings the boat to a complete stop I'd prefer my balance to be back of center to keep me in the boat and not doing a swan dive over the trolling motor.

But if you did that during the summer you would cool off... plus as an added bonus the laughter it would provide...
Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Re: Lefebre - 06/22/18 04:11 PM

Yeah the thought of it seems kinda awkward to me. It definitely seems like it would have you off balance. Best thing I ever did for my back is adding a stool type seat up front. Went seatless for years because I never liked sitting down while fishing and thought the stool would be the same, but I got one and I love that thing.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Lefebre - 06/22/18 04:19 PM

Watching on MLF he reminded me of Aaron Martens when he talks. Would be a strange day fishing in a boat with them two.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Lefebre - 06/22/18 04:23 PM

Sure is.
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: Lefebre - 06/22/18 07:15 PM

He's never had one, said it's what her prefers bc he's more old school. He also used to, up until a year or so ago, had flashers as second graphs on his boat.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Lefebre - 06/22/18 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: DEFMP
He's never had one, said it's what her prefers bc he's more old school. He also used to, up until a year or so ago, had flashers as second graphs on his boat.

Nope. He tried one and said it killed his back. At least that's what he told me.
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Lefebre - 06/22/18 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Originally Posted By: DEFMP

Nope. He tried one and said it killed his back. At least that's what he told me.

Yeah... because it started to straighten out his crooked spine he's gotten from standing on one leg his whole life.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Lefebre - 06/23/18 12:34 AM

I've had the recessed pedal on my last 2 boats. Next one I'll make sure doesn't have one. I always have to look down to see where it is... Just not a fan... Dan
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Lefebre - 06/23/18 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Originally Posted By: 5X3Phoenix
I saw both of those up close and personal at the PAA on Ray Hubbard a few years ago. I was in the boat with him for the last day. Interesting experience. Jekyll and Hyde so to speak.
He is one weird cat
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Lefebre - 06/23/18 03:11 AM

There’s several guys who don’t have hot foots either. I’ll never understand, but to each their own.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Lefebre - 06/23/18 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Yeah the thought of it seems kinda awkward to me. It definitely seems like it would have you off balance. Best thing I ever did for my back is adding a stool type seat up front. Went seatless for years because I never liked sitting down while fishing and thought the stool would be the same, but I got one and I love that thing.

A butt seat or something different? Please elaborate
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum