Texas Fishing Forum

So, the wife unit says....

Posted By: Wormin

So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 12:30 AM

I made a rod holder for the garage to store my rods. I was really proud of it so I asked the wife unit to check out my work. She came in and says "Why do you have 16 fishing poles? Can't you only use one at a time?" I was thinking that she had a valid point for about a split second... then I said "Why do you need 33 pairs of shoes? Can't you only wear one at a time?"

How many rods do you guys have?
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 12:31 AM

More than I can count or need.

My Wife used to think the same thing until she started bass fishing AND saltwater fishing.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 12:50 AM

25+, still less than wife’s shoes
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 01:00 AM

A pant load! Haha.

Best thing I ever bought was a boat with two rod lockers and locks! Now she has no idea how many I have, as she sees the same dozen on the wall in the garage every day!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 01:02 AM

This is a dangerous thread.... roflmao
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 01:05 AM

I have a couple! peep
Posted By: 361V

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 01:13 AM

Maybe she would understand you more if she wasn't referred to as "the wife unit"! laugh
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Maybe she would understand you more if she wasn't referred to as "the wife unit"! laugh

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, what's a " wife unit" ? Must be a new thang.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 01:39 AM

Lol yeah never heard of a “wife unit” must be a real unit popcorn
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Finesse Master/ Dropshot king
Lol yeah never heard of a “wife unit” must be a real unit popcorn

I like “the wife unit”!
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 02:20 AM

11.....8 on board.
Posted By: Skeeter443

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 02:47 AM

Last time I counted I have about 40 in the garage that I have pretty much retired and rarely ever use. Keep 15 in the boat.
Posted By: elkhartdom

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 03:11 AM

way too many for sure lol

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 04:02 AM

she don't know about the 8 rods I got in the boat
Posted By: ETxRT

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 08:08 AM

9 less than I had a week and a half ago! Some jack hole stole them and ALL my tackle sometime in the last week in a half.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 10:13 AM

When it comes to rods, reels and tackle need is never the cause. We just like'em, lol.

Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 10:34 AM

My wife does not collect a lot of shoes and clothes she doesn't wear. She is very practical. She dresses very nice don't get me wrong, just doesn't have the habits of some who do a lot of shopping.

I have way more fishing rods than she has shoes. I've probably got 30 or 40. Dozen or so in the boat and pile of them against the wall all wadded up.

As soon as my wife wakes up, I am going to let her know from now one going forward........she is known as the wife unit!!! I'll let ya know how this works out.
Posted By: wagonwheel

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 10:59 AM

My wife fishes with me most of the time. We have 9 rods and do okay. She has more shoes than I care to count, but she wears them. We've been married for over 30 years and I never called here "the wife unit." Although, she is "the wife" in my phone as the phone can't recognize her name. She thinks it's funny.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 11:08 AM

Haven't bought a new rod or reel in over a decade cause I had about 40 or so. Then last year i went on a little spending spree and within a few months time frame I may have bought 10 or 12 or was it 13 new rods and reels, who's counting. And just to prove I'm not a hoarder I sold all the old ones.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 12:04 PM

Man I am screwed. I have more shoes and rods&reels than my wife. I keep my tackle with the boat so I can hide that stuff to the most part but she knows it's a lot.
Posted By: Hittmanfish

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 12:48 PM

I have some catching up to do! I've only got 6! Although, since my wife fishes with me sometimes, I've started buying her some rod and reel setups.... they just so happen to be the set up I want at the time. laugh I use "her setup" way more than she does.... and it's justified!
Posted By: GROD

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 12:53 PM

25 plus... wife has more pairs of shoes no doubt about it!
Posted By: senko9S

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 12:54 PM

never counted...
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 12:58 PM

wopics
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 01:19 PM

I have 3 16 rod racks full plus I have no idea how many leaning against the wall in the fishing room, and I have reels for almost all of them. No wife so no one to compete with

Maybe it is an addiction.

Maybe we should start a Tackle Anonymous group,

Hi I'm texasbass1 and I'm an addict. But I ain't getting rid of any of them. banana
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 01:25 PM

Is "wife Unit" yankee slang? ... never heard of it before.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 01:43 PM

I have 10 rods, she has 2.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 01:46 PM

I have one rod, she has none
Posted By: Fishn_man

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 01:55 PM

My wife doesn't say anything about my fishing habit, therefore she gets to travel and see her friends and buy all the stuff she wants for our granddaughter without any questions.

Sometimes you just have to agree to not ask...
Posted By: BMCD

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 02:09 PM

I only have 20-23 in the boat at one time, got a few spare rods and other fishing poles in the garage.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 02:58 PM

After a recent fishing trip with my wife, we have one more rod and reel. She used one of mine and did not catch a fish so she said it was defective and she needed her own grin
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 03:24 PM

Don't think I have more than 14 or 15....and a few of those are just doubles for backups.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 03:26 PM

My wife encourages to buy whatever I want and is on my butt to look for a new boat.

It's just money laugh
Posted By: fivebites

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI
My wife does not collect a lot of shoes and clothes she doesn't wear. She is very practical. She dresses very nice don't get me wrong, just doesn't have the habits of some who do a lot of shopping.

I have way more fishing rods than she has shoes. I've probably got 30 or 40. Dozen or so in the boat and pile of them against the wall all wadded up.

As soon as my wife wakes up, I am going to let her know from now one going forward........she is known as the wife unit!!! I'll let ya know how this works out.

If she's hot and under 40 I'll trade ya!
Posted By: forkduc

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 04:24 PM

13-14 not sure
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 04:44 PM

Too Many , wife unit buys all my shoes , ( Not saying wife unit again ) , started pass it forward on all my fishing stuff , down to a select rods / reels and tackle , let me tell ya , with a effective inventory I am more focused on presentation and movement , not trying to 2nd guess baits or methods .
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 04:50 PM

No matter how many I have, I always need one more.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 04:51 PM

But really I can do everything I need to do with about 10 setups.
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/22/18 08:19 PM

No matter how many rods I have, it will always be one less than what I think I need

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/23/18 03:03 AM

The wife unit.. Its like a lower unit! You don't want to mess it up.
Posted By: Phototex

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/23/18 12:38 PM

"Wife Unit" sounds like some stupid term from Star Trek or a sci-fi movie like Star Wars.

I have 13-14rods and 12 reels, having soldmany of my old reels....and my wife knows about all of them. Lures,though, not so much.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/24/18 12:24 AM

Got 40-45 total but use about 20 of them, would have to admit that I am more than likely over stocked. I have Dobyns DX rods that are 2 years old and still wrapped in plastic. My wife has a ton of shoes as well but I can guarantee you that she didn't pay close to a thousand bucks for any one pair like I have for many a rod and reel.
Posted By: justfishin89

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/24/18 04:57 PM

I have 20+ combos and about to order 7 new reels and 3 new rods this week Disclaimer, I haven't bought any new rods or reels this year or last, so I'm making up for lost time:)
Posted By: saibling

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/24/18 11:30 PM

great retort. Ive needed one.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/25/18 01:37 AM

I water dripped my wife that from now on she would be known as the (WIFE UNIT).

My cooking sucks!
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/25/18 12:20 PM

The jig is up at my house. My wife went out to the garage and actually counted my rods. I'm embarrassed to say that she came up with 38. I told her I was a field tester for Lew's, Falcon, Powell, G Loomis, Reel Time, 13, Cashion and Halo. As such, I got a big discount. I hope she bought it!
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/25/18 01:25 PM

Last time I counted I was at 58.

I have to tell my wife that she needs to go get her a new pair of shoes.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: So, the wife unit says.... - 06/25/18 01:31 PM

that's good. I wish I had a dollar every time somebody that doesn't know anything about fishing asked me that.. haha.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum