Texas Fishing Forum

Mystery Tackle Box questions

Posted By: jhopkins

Mystery Tackle Box questions - 06/21/18 11:11 PM

Do any of you subscribe to or have had a subscription to Mystery Tackle Box and if so what are your thoughts about it. My nephew is wanting a subscription for his birthday but it seems like a waste of money to me. I would rather buy him baits that I know would get used rather than just some random baits thrown into a box, but MTB is all he talks about. Let me know your thoughts.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Mystery Tackle Box questions - 06/21/18 11:59 PM

Maybe he just wants the excitement of getting a package and opening it to find out what it contains. If that's what he wants and you are willing to pay the price get it and let him enjoy.
Posted By: Txfiremn

Re: Mystery Tackle Box questions - 06/22/18 12:01 AM

I do not have the MTB but I do have the Lucky Tackle Box subscription. It's ok. They normally send out baits you can use right away and I've caught fish with them. My last box had deep cranks, frogs, and some creature baits in watermelon red. They always send hooks to use with them as well. Some of the lures they send, I would have never used but ended up liking some of them. Of course, there will be baits that I wouldn't use here and seem to be some more geared for northern fisherman. For 5 bucks a month, I don't mind it. I'll blow 5 bucks on something anyways, might as well be on fishing stuff.

Re: Mystery Tackle Box questions - 06/22/18 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Maybe he just wants the excitement of getting a package and opening it to find out what it contains. If that's what he wants and you are willing to pay the price get it and let him enjoy.

I really think you nailed it.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Mystery Tackle Box questions - 06/22/18 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Txfiremn
I do not have the MTB but I do have the Lucky Tackle Box subscription. It's ok. They normally send out baits you can use right away and I've caught fish with them. My last box had deep cranks, frogs, and some creature baits in watermelon red. They always send hooks to use with them as well. Some of the lures they send, I would have never used but ended up liking some of them. Of course, there will be baits that I wouldn't use here and seem to be some more geared for northern fisherman. For 5 bucks a month, I don't mind it. I'll blow 5 bucks on something anyways, might as well be on fishing stuff.

I also was given a subscription to LTB. It is kind a cool to have something coming ever month that you didn't pick out. Most of the lures are from companies I have neve heard of. They do seem to have something going on with Livingston, though. It's okay.
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Mystery Tackle Box questions - 06/22/18 01:13 AM

I don't subscribe but have a buddy that does (Mystery Tackle Box) and he always has to show me what he got. He has been doing it for over a year and I always try and calculate up the value and it has exceeded what he pays. It's not for me because I have so much carp that if I need more carp I'm going to buy what I want. If your nephew doesn't have a lot of lures I would say you would be getting your money's worth, unless your nephew puts a whoopin on you with a MTB lure roflmao
Posted By: Drodge

Re: Mystery Tackle Box questions - 06/22/18 01:13 AM

Its for kids. So if the kid wants it get it. It could be worse and he could be asking for a set if beats head phones or a video game. If a man was asking for it I’d say don’t waste the money.
Posted By: Barn

Re: Mystery Tackle Box questions - 06/22/18 01:15 AM

Give MTB a try. A TFFer help start it and lives in Prosper. You can always cancel is you are not satisfied.
Posted By: Newly Retired

Re: Mystery Tackle Box questions - 06/22/18 02:54 PM

My adult son gave me LTB last year and MTB this year. I liked LTB better. It is cool becaus it gives me a reminder to talk to my son who lives out of state.

Re: Mystery Tackle Box questions - 07/03/18 04:13 PM

Thanks for the opinions. I ended up buying the LTB for him.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum