Texas Fishing Forum

Tatula CT

Posted By: Bobby Milam

Tatula CT - 06/19/18 11:30 PM

How many of you use the Tatula CT reel? I went to Bass Pro a few weeks ago because I had gotten a sale circular and the way they had it listed, it appeared that it was 20% off. One of my reels had just broken and the timing was right. When I got there, the ad only meant the BPS reels were 20% off. They told me that Lew;s made their reels for them so I almost bought one but at the last moment decided to get the Tatula anyway to try. I am really impressed with it so far. Casts great with no backlashes even if you don't thumb it. Pitching light baits is a breeze with no adjustments made. I am going to use this for a while and if I keep having the same results, I am going to slowly replace all my reels with it.

I've been using Lews and like them but this thing blows them away.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Tatula CT - 06/19/18 11:49 PM

All I use now, from the tatula CT to CTR. 8.1:1 ratio. Great reels
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Tatula CT - 06/19/18 11:50 PM

I order them on Amazon from ABC sales. Usually $30-$50 off
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 12:01 AM

Well, you answered your own question. I backlash toilet paper, but have trouble getting the CTs backlashed. Plus they are light and cast a mile. All of Diawa's Tatula series reels are excellent. I was a loyal Lew's user but now have more Diawas than Lew's. They are both good reels but I prefer the Diawas.
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 02:08 AM

My Tatula CTR is my favorite reel. I have several Lee’s also, but the CTR is my favorite. Like you said, it really excels at throwing light baits like my small square bills.
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 02:43 AM

I have 8 of them. Various ratios. Love them.
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 03:04 AM

I have bought several of the Tatula reels in the last two years. My favorite as well. I think the T Wing System really helps with the long casts.
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 03:49 AM

I love them, impossible to backlash and cast far. I've got all 8.1:1. I grab them off ebay for about $90 each with free shipping from an Authorized Reseller. Two weeks ago it said I had a coupon and got 2 for $82 each with free shipping. Not bad for a $130 reel.

Edit-
I just checked and they are still on sale for about that same price until the 24th. The seller I used was "alpha2omega" who is a Diawa dealer. They show up as $96, then use the code PLAYFUL15 for another 15% off with free shipping. I've bought several from him with no issues and he has 52,000 5 star feedback so it all seems legit.
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 12:19 PM

Thanks for the info. May have to buy another
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
I order them on Amazon from ABC sales. Usually $30-$50 off

X2 I have mostly Daiwa's now and have zero complaints
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 01:24 PM

Are you guys using the 100 or 200 series? I'm still using a bunch of the old Curado Greenies but the 200 series. The smaller ones just seem to create too much line memory. I looked on Ebay at alpha2omega's and didn't see the bigger series at the prices mentioned. Ready to start upgrading but don't want the smaller series except for maybe one for chunking small crankbaits around docks, etc where short casts are the norm.
Posted By: mayorb

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 05:06 PM

Thanks Wes H
I've been looking to get a new tatula. Found the sale you were talking about. Bought two! You should get a commission.

mayor
Posted By: Mofishin1990

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Wes H
I love them, impossible to backlash and cast far. I've got all 8.1:1. I grab them off ebay for about $90 each with free shipping from an Authorized Reseller. Two weeks ago it said I had a coupon and got 2 for $82 each with free shipping. Not bad for a $130 reel.

Edit-
I just checked and they are still on sale for about that same price until the 24th. The seller I used was "alpha2omega" who is a Diawa dealer. They show up as $96, then use the code PLAYFUL15 for another 15% off with free shipping. I've bought several from him with no issues and he has 52,000 5 star feedback so it all seems legit.

Just got a Zillion HD from this seller for Father's day, no problems what so ever. All I use are Daiwa reels, might call me a Daiwa fan boy lol. I just call it brand loyal.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Mofishin1990

Edit-

Just got a Zillion HD from this seller for Father's day, no problems what so ever. All I use are Daiwa reels, might call me a Daiwa fan boy lol. I just call it brand loyal.

I have a Zillion TWS. @$300, I'd say forget the "free spool" and buy 3 Tatulas. Much better money spending, as there isn't even close to 3x the difference. In fact, I'd say negligible difference.
Posted By: Bas-ii-tis

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 07:30 PM

Edit-

I love love LOVE my Diawa reels...i have 7 of them and buying more now that i got a code now. Yeeeee
Posted By: jackwabbit

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 07:55 PM

I have several and like them, however, the impossible to backlash statement is not true lol just hand me one.
Posted By: Cole P

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 07:57 PM

do a quick search on eBay you'll see that they have the Daiwa tatula CT reels for $85 plus free shipping
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 08:38 PM

I only have the CT-R. Any of you own both the CT and CT-R and care to compare them?
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: texasAUtiger
I only have the CT-R. Any of you own both the CT and CT-R and care to compare them?

You will see a difference in casting lite baits between the CTs and the SV but not between the CT and the CR-R
Posted By: RW Fred

Re: Tatula CT - 06/20/18 11:48 PM

I have several. They are my favorite. The new SV is really awesome.
I can backlash every Abu Garcia made.
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: Tatula CT - 06/21/18 01:17 AM

Edit-

I think I’ve boat 20 or more tatulas from alpha2omega. Great seller and never had any problems. The CT’s are the way to go! Wish I could replace the others with CT’s now

Re: Tatula CT - 06/21/18 04:13 AM

How about the JDM Tatula HLC Hyper Long Cast? $183 free shipping on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Daiwa-JDM-TATULA-HLC-Hyper-Long-Cast-Baitcasting-Fishing-Reel-Select-Models/142484170974?hash=item212cb7e8de:m:m-Eoa0D3L1DQGFkTqwj45XA
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Tatula CT - 06/21/18 10:56 AM

I have 3 of the Type-R's and 1 CT. Love them all. I will be buying more.

Re: Tatula CT - 06/21/18 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By: fivebites
Are you guys using the 100 or 200 series? I'm still using a bunch of the old Curado Greenies but the 200 series. The smaller ones just seem to create too much line memory. I looked on Ebay at alpha2omega's and didn't see the bigger series at the prices mentioned. Ready to start upgrading but don't want the smaller series except for maybe one for chunking small crankbaits around docks, etc where short casts are the norm.

The new Tatula 150's are bigger spools. And the Type-HD are 200 series if you can find them.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Tatula CT - 06/21/18 11:22 AM

Good info
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Tatula CT - 06/21/18 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Monty Wright

The new Tatula 150's are bigger spools. And the Type-HD are 200 series if you can find them.

The Daiwa CTs and the 150s have same spool capacity. After the first Tatulas were released they decided to make the CT a bit smaller. This was accomplished by shaving down the sides of the reel but spool capacity was not affected. There also is a myth that the CT is a finesse reel due to it's small size but it maintains same power etc as regular Tatula.

Re: Tatula CT - 06/21/18 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Originally Posted By: Monty Wright

The Daiwa CTs and the 150s have same spool capacity. After the first Tatulas were released they decided to make the CT a bit smaller. This was accomplished by shaving down the sides of the reel but spool capacity was not affected. There also is a myth that the CT is a finesse reel due to it's small size but it maintains same power etc as regular Tatula.

That's good to know. TW's website has the 150's spool capacity at 16/130 but Daiwa's website has 16/100 just like the CT
Posted By: RandyK

Re: Tatula CT - 06/21/18 05:40 PM

ok, you sold me on these. just bought 2.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Tatula CT - 06/21/18 08:42 PM

I just ordered one! E Bay $96 delivered
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Tatula CT - 06/21/18 10:49 PM

I have 6 of them and I get the from ebay.
Posted By: Bas-ii-tis

Re: Tatula CT - 06/23/18 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: RandyK
ok, you sold me on these. just bought 2.

You wont regret it!! I NEVER backlashed on it....EVER!!

Re: Tatula CT - 06/23/18 08:33 AM

Daiwa had this video on the Facebook yesterday

Posted By: Bosqueboy

Re: Tatula CT - 06/24/18 02:49 AM

Hey, Wes...thanks for your post! I ordered one tonight.
Posted By: squib

Re: Tatula CT - 06/24/18 03:16 AM

Last thing I needed was another reel, but a Tatula for $82 was too hard to pass up. Thanks Wes H
Posted By: hogbus

Re: Tatula CT - 06/28/18 03:01 PM

I got a couple last week and was looking to get a couple more. New promo code partyinusa addional 20% from alpha2omega on eBay. Great deal there..
Posted By: vanhagar

Re: Tatula CT - 06/29/18 10:16 AM

Tip: Save $40 and get a fuego ct instead. The t-wing in my experience doesn't make a lick of difference, despite what paid sponsored anglers may say. Basically the same reel otherwise. Flush and re oil the spool bearings with a light oil and you will be blown away. Right now only about $53 with the 20% off special!
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Tatula CT - 06/29/18 10:58 AM

I'm waiting for alpha2omega to have the SV TW's for $113 again. Picked up 4 of them last time at that price.

Re: Tatula CT - 07/02/18 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: vanhagar
Tip: Save $40 and get a fuego ct instead. The t-wing in my experience doesn't make a lick of difference, despite what paid sponsored anglers may say. Basically the same reel otherwise. Flush and re oil the spool bearings with a light oil and you will be blown away. Right now only about $53 with the 20% off special!

I just did the exact same thing here. Seller: alpha2omega Code: partyinusa after the coupon it comes out to $54 a reel for the Fuego CT. Same reel as Tatula less the T-Wing.

That offer is up to $50.00 off total. You can get 3 - 4 reels at the discount.
Posted By: tminc

Re: Tatula CT - 07/04/18 12:56 PM

thx for the code, great sale smile
Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: Tatula CT - 07/04/18 12:59 PM

If you crank a lot you will notice the difference on the twing reels.
Posted By: Tucker01

Re: Tatula CT - 07/04/18 02:23 PM

The honeycomb spool from rays studio is nice for light lures. It’s a shallow spool. I’ve put them in the typer and do better than the SV spool. But you can outcast if you use 3/8 to 1oz.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Tatula CT - 07/04/18 03:54 PM

They are cheaper because they have fewer bearings
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Tatula CT - 07/04/18 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam

Bearing count alone does not make a great reel. A reel can have a ton of bearings and still be a POS. There are different level of quality bearings as well. The Tatula platform is a proven workhorse. I have access to any Daiwa reels I want but I have nothing but Tatulas in my boat except for a big swimbait reel.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Tatula CT - 07/04/18 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Bearing count alone does not make a great reel. A reel can have a ton of bearings and still be a POS. There are different level of quality bearings as well. The Tatula platform is a proven workhorse. I have access to any Daiwa reels I want but I have nothing but Tatulas in my boat except for a big swimbait reel.

Yep, my Garcia 4600c reels only have 3 bearings and you can't wear'em out. Not for the beginner but very few reels can outlast them.
Posted By: LeoL

Re: Tatula CT - 07/04/18 05:18 PM

Happy with my Tatula CT
Posted By: greenen

Re: Tatula CT - 07/04/18 07:19 PM

Thanks. Just ordered one from E-bay. I'm all Shimanos now but we'll see. Interested in casting distance comparison.
Posted By: rscustomrods

Re: Tatula CT - 07/04/18 07:24 PM

I went to order one but all of the discount codes listed here have expired. I will wait patiently for the next sale. how does one find out about the discount codes? thanks for your time,
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Tatula CT - 07/04/18 10:40 PM

The Shimano B reels had 3 bearings and they were plenty smooth.

I still have some of the older Shimano reels but I think Daiwa and Lews are better for the money than Shimano.

The Tatula CT is a fantastic reel.
Posted By: Kensho TX

Re: Tatula CT - 07/05/18 04:46 AM

promo code expired mad
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Tatula CT - 07/05/18 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By: rscustomrods
I went to order one but all of the discount codes listed here have expired. I will wait patiently for the next sale. how does one find out about the discount codes? thanks for your time,

For the site wide ones like this recent summer one they are usually advertised pretty well on the homepage of eBay.

For the seller specific ones there is a line on the listing itself near the price with "? Click here for more discounts" type of text that you can click to get the code.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum