Texas Fishing Forum

TFF Tournament

Posted By: jbassman

TFF Tournament - 06/19/18 09:02 PM

Would be fun if we could put together a TFF bass Tournament Team event $ 200 entry. Pay 1 place for every 5 entries. Thoughts
Posted By: Cableman

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/19/18 09:26 PM

Texoma banana
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/19/18 09:28 PM

Lady Bird Lake--trolling motors only.
Posted By: buda13

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/19/18 10:24 PM

We still do a TFF Christmas Charity Tournament, but the days of the TFF tournaments have pretty much passed. If your serious about putting something together best thing to do is shoot a PM to the forum admin and discuss.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/19/18 10:36 PM

I'm in.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/19/18 10:42 PM

Red river
Posted By: MarcM64

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/19/18 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Red river
I'm in!
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/20/18 02:36 AM

I知 in
Posted By: the skipper

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/20/18 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: spacejunkie

With all the trash talk here there has to be a boat race in the morning
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/20/18 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: the skipper
Originally Posted By: spacejunkie

With all the trash talk here there has to be a boat race in the morning

Special category for those like me with no skeg.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/20/18 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By: buda13
We still do a TFF Christmas Charity Tournament, but the days of the TFF tournaments have pretty much passed. If your serious about putting something together best thing to do is shoot a PM to the forum admin and discuss.

I do remember back in the day they used to do TFF tournaments, haven't heard of one in a long time and did not know about the charity deal.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/20/18 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman

I do remember back in the day they used to do TFF tournaments, haven't heard of one in a long time and did not know about the charity deal.

I fished some back in the day, JP ran those, and Bass Camps had 1 or 2. Lot of fun, really enjoyed meeting folks.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/20/18 10:15 PM

Actually caught an over on the TFF tourney on Fork. That was when Fouzman became know as buoy killer! roflmao thank goodness nobody knows half the mess I致e gotten into over the years grin
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/20/18 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: James Biggs
I知 in

You're the only one that beat us in TFF match play. I won't let that happen again. Hehe! Oh, yea.....I'm boatless now so I gotta good excuse to back out.

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/20/18 11:52 PM

If anyone would like all the info, rules on the match play that went down.....I have all the info. I kept it for some odd reason.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 01:59 AM

don't decide the lake now. put five in a hat and pick one the week before.

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 12:48 PM

We could have 25 boaters show up and 25 non boaters,, have a draw for the non boaters then go fishing,, top 5 teams get paid? Sounds fun to me. That's $5000 grand to split. $2000 1st $15002nd 3rd $700 4th $500 5th $300
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: jbassman
We could have 25 boaters show up and 25 non boaters,, have a draw for the non boaters then go fishing,, top 5 teams get paid? Sounds fun to me. That's $5000 grand to split. $2000 1st $15002nd 3rd $700 4th $500 5th $300

WHERE / WHEN ?
if you can get this forum to agree to these 2 questions it would be a miracle.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: flukeman83

WHERE / WHEN ?
if you can get this forum to agree to these 2 questions it would be a miracle.

How about Lake Gaston Virginia!
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 05:13 PM

Make the Entry 350.00 per boat. Draw style boater and non-boater, Go to Falcon and make it a 2 day Most everyone would have to travel, few would be able to pre-fish and everyone would have a great time. Especially if you got enough to fill up a hotel where everyone could hang out for the weekend. Fish Saturday 6:30 take off til 4pm and Sunday fish from 6:30 take off til 12:30 Heaviest combined weight and pay out a big bass for each day.

Just a thought

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Weekender
Make the Entry 350.00 per boat. Draw style boater and non-boater, Go to Falcon and make it a 2 day Most everyone would have to travel, few would be able to pre-fish and everyone would have a great time. Especially if you got enough to fill up a hotel where everyone could hang out for the weekend. Fish Saturday 6:30 take off til 4pm and Sunday fish from 6:30 take off til 12:30 Heaviest combined weight and pay out a big bass for each day.

Just a thought

OK ... so
you got the format
you got the WHERE
how about the ..... WHEN
AND then get everyone or at least 25 boats and non-boaters to AGREE
Oh Yeah..... and WHO is going to ramrod this thing ?

do it Labor Day weekend ,,,,,,
travel on Saturday/ pre-fish
Fish on Sunday and Monday 1/2 day
draw Saturday night for Sunday
re-draw Sunday after weigh-in for Monday's 1/2 day
1/2 the pot for the boater-- 5 fish
1/2 the pot for the non-boater -- 3 fish
Posted By: buda13

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
I知 in

You're the only one that beat us in TFF match play. I won't let that happen again. Hehe! Oh, yea.....I'm boatless now so I gotta good excuse to back out.

Beg to differ sir... Stacy and I put a whoopin on you guys at Lewisville. banana
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 06:23 PM

Just a thought

OK ... so
you got the format
you got the WHERE
how about the ..... WHEN

Agree with all except the 50/50 split between boater and co. Not fair. Should be 70/30. Boaters pay way more in expenses.

Edit.....if you don't think 70/30 is fair.....go buy a boat and get back to me. Ha.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 06:48 PM

Rayburn, nuf said!!!
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI
Rayburn, nuf said!!!

I like Rayburn....closer than Falcon.

Matt,
Tom is all full of his self on the team Sweet deal... roflmao big kiss Tom...LOL....
Me and Maxwell were undefeated against TS in 5 matches in 2 years.. Until the championship on the hated Ceder Creek, I caught 50 13 -7/8" fish. I hate that lake, Stan Browning, and Jack (RedRanger)did a good job of baiting us in on that..
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Red river
de

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
I知 in

Beg to differ sir... Stacy and I put a whoopin on you guys at Lewisville. banana

Ok, maybe twice, then. Are you sure? I don't doubt you but I definitely remember who won the title. And even back-to-back! TEAM SWEET KINGS!
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 10:04 PM

way back when ... before the match play Ts, there was the BBFTs. i dont recall the entry, it was pretty minimal but it wasn't unusual to draw 35+ boats. those were pretty fun, good way to meet a lot of guys.

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
Originally Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI
Rayburn, nuf said!!!

I like Rayburn....closer than Falcon.

Matt,
Tom is all full of his self on the team Sweet deal... roflmao big kiss Tom...LOL....
Me and Maxwell were undefeated against TS in 5 matches in 2 years.. Until the championship on the hated Ceder Creek, I caught 50 13 -7/8" fish. I hate that lake, Stan Browning, and Jack (RedRanger)did a good job of baiting us in on that..

I had to miss the Cedar Creek Championship but I do remember puttin' a whoopin' on everyone at Texoma the year before........with the masterbaiter and jack of all trades, REDRANGER!

Sorry, but Team Sweeeeeet still RULZ!

LOL......I also know that I've met some lifelong friends when those two years were goin' on. I am very thankful of that!
Posted By: Chris B

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted Martin
way back when ... before the match play Ts, there was the BBFTs. i dont recall the entry, it was pretty minimal but it wasn't unusual to draw 35+ boats. those were pretty fun, good way to meet a lot of guys.

Those were good. I won one at Grapevine but lost all my money when I offered to buy drinks at big bucks.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/21/18 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Just a thought

OK ... so
you got the format
you got the WHERE
how about the ..... WHEN

Agree with all except the 50/50 split between boater and co. Not fair. Should be 70/30. Boaters pay way more in expenses.

Edit.....if you don't think 70/30 is fair.....go buy a boat and get back to me. Ha.

50-50 is fair

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/22/18 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Dubee
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Just a thought

OK ... so
you got the format
you got the WHERE
how about the ..... WHEN

50-50 is fair

I don't think you would see a Non boater pay the same entry fee and then see part of his money go to another prize pool.
Not even the Pro Tours do that.
the PLUS of being a boater is being able to fish your own water. I would just imagine you would have a real hard time getting enough NON-Boaters to fill up all the back seats. I know I would not want to fish Falcon and be dependent on someone else's water.

should be a non-boater's responsibility to pay $$$ to the boater for gas.

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/22/18 01:24 PM

That was not my idea, I think it would be a fun time if 25 boaters draw from 25 non boaters they are now a team, working together. $200 entry fee $100 Boater $100 non boater $5000 total = 5 places, End of story

Lake Athens say Oct 27th? Who has a set of scales to weigh the fish? We could set up one of the moderator's to to collect the money between now and OCT 1st, first 50 entries of $100 boat and non boaters, via PAYAPL
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/22/18 01:26 PM

That was not my idea, I think it would be a fun time if 25 boaters draw from 25 non boaters they are now a team, working together. $200 entry fee $100 Boater $100 non boater $5000 total = 5 places, End of story

Lake Athens say Oct 27th? Who has a set of scales to weigh the fish? We could set up one of the moderator's to to collect the money between now and OCT 1st, first 50 entries of $100 boat and non boaters, via PAYAPL

This would work ... wish I could make it.

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/22/18 02:36 PM

You are right .....
it was an idea from "Weekender" ....... I just ran with it.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/22/18 03:06 PM

this will never happen, no-one will be able to agree to anything. Same problem in the OT with us trying to organize derby's
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/22/18 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
this will never happen, no-one will be able to agree to anything. Same problem in the OT with us trying to organize derby's

Yup, set the lake and rules. Hold the tournament.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/22/18 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: cephusjoe

Yup, set the lake, the date, signup/launch/weighin time, and rules. Hold the tournament.

FIFY. yep thats the only way. some ppl will show up, some won't.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/22/18 07:31 PM

Not everyone has a race horse.

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/22/18 09:43 PM

de
I got a dead horse
fish
OMG
Posted By: David Burton

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/22/18 10:13 PM

I値l donate if you move it away from the FFAC tournament weekend, since I will be pre-fishing with the rest of McKinney Bass Club on Ray Hubbard (ok, MBC was already going to be there; just worked out nicely that way).
Posted By: John175笘ョ

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/22/18 10:26 PM

Match play....created the Pit.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: TFF Tournament - 06/23/18 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: BThomas

Not everyone has a race horse.

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum