Texas Fishing Forum

new cranking battery

Posted By: Bill Durham

new cranking battery - 06/15/18 05:52 PM

So.. my 2nd crank battery from Academy has bit the big one.. 2 years old.. the first one lasted 2 years also.. I looked on line and it looks like Wal Mart has discontinued the Everstart Marine Battery line. Has anybody else seen that in the stores?

BD
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: new cranking battery - 06/15/18 06:24 PM

Buy a Deka intimidator and be done with batteries.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: new cranking battery - 06/15/18 06:51 PM

Depends on your motor and accessories. Deka is a great battery both AGM and lead. Duracell AGM 31 series from Sam's club is $179 and made by Deka
Posted By: Walls

Re: new cranking battery - 06/15/18 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Depends on your motor and accessories. Deka is a great battery both AGM and lead. Duracell AGM 31 series from Sam's club is $179 and made by Deka

+1. Has been a great battery for my SHO and electronics.
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: new cranking battery - 06/15/18 07:42 PM

After some research.. Deka makes NAPA Batteries.. They sell the same 1000 CCA battery as the Deka Marine Master. Lowes sells the Deka version but they don't stock them in the stores, have to be special ordered. NAPA is a little higher but they have them on the shelf. NAPA know how NAPA know how.. smile

BD
Posted By: Bassattak

Re: new cranking battery - 06/15/18 08:02 PM

Went with the Duracell(Deka) AGM 31 series from Sam's club this year, GREAT BATTERY and price cant be beat for a battery that has better specs than similar batteries that cost twice as much.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: new cranking battery - 06/15/18 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Durham
I looked on line and it looks like Wal Mart has discontinued the Everstart Marine Battery line. Has anybody else seen that in the stores?

BD

Seen them in the stores, but they aren’t fully stocked

Bought an Everstart Maxx Marine/RV Group 29 DC two weeks. ago
Posted By: forkduc

Re: new cranking battery - 06/15/18 11:37 PM

Might post in general equipment
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: new cranking battery - 06/16/18 05:10 PM

Deka batteries are also made for Oreillys auto parts.
Posted By: Lil joe

Re: new cranking battery - 06/16/18 08:31 PM

I saw 2 big stacks of them in the Conroe Walmart about a week ago. They were $69. I almost bought one but didnt
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: new cranking battery - 06/16/18 08:53 PM

Exide has a 1000 cca for $89 at academy. If running a bunch of pumps and electronics they have a 31 megacycle agm with1100 CCA.
Posted By: ETxRT

Re: new cranking battery - 06/16/18 09:04 PM

I just went with a NAPA Commercial 7236, same as a deka and Duracell. But has a 36 mo warranty... looks to be a beast of a battery. But you could also go with the 7234 which is an even stronger battery.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum