Texas Fishing Forum

Spinnerbait storage

Posted By: forkduc

Spinnerbait storage - 06/13/18 06:42 PM

What are you using?
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Spinnerbait storage - 06/13/18 07:37 PM

The Browning Spinnerbait binder is no longer made. They went to the plastic zipper across the top of the page and just would not hold up. They have been discontinued until the pages can be made with the older metal zipper that way used when they first came out.

The Browning Jumbo Worm Binder works just as well and replacement pages can be ordered to add more pages that the binder can easily hold. The main reason I use this system is my spinnerbaits all have living rubber skirts. I want those kept as air tight as possible with Baby Power applied to the skirts before storing them away each time. The binder also fits nicely in a flat position in the bottom compartment of my back pack which I only carry for day trips; leaving things that I don't need hanging on the walls of the shop.

Now for Silicon skirts the hanging system that comes within a Spinnerbait Box allows you to reach in and pick one very easily without flipping pages and zipping up the binder.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Spinnerbait storage - 06/13/18 07:51 PM

I use a 1"X1"x18" piece of aluminum "L" channel. I drilled about 30 3/16" holes in it and mounded it to the bottom of the center storage box. I mounted it to the brace. I simply hang the baits by their hooks in colored order and grouped by blade type.
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: Spinnerbait storage - 06/13/18 08:01 PM

I do something similar to what steez had mentioned but I used lattice cap from Lowe’s it has held up for over a year and I don’t ever have trouble with them falling out
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Spinnerbait storage - 06/13/18 08:13 PM

Bass Mafia Blade box.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Spinnerbait storage - 06/13/18 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Captain Chunk
Bass Mafia Blade box.

I've stored them a million different ways and none of them seem to work long term. Currently using this ^^ but jury is still out on whether I like it or not. Great concept but doesn't fit into my storage box on the boat neatly..(odd shaped compared to my Plano boxes and is currently in another compartment)
I've most recently taken to just carrying a few baits and a box filled with skirts, blades and assorted parts. This way I can change a bait to what I want in a few minutes and don't have but a handful of actual spinnerbaits in the boat.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Spinnerbait storage - 06/13/18 09:30 PM

This sounds good. I've tried the boxes and don't really like them. Only talking 10-12 baits. Thanks Sir.
Posted By: hurricanecraig

Re: Spinnerbait storage - 06/13/18 09:37 PM

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Plano_Elite_3707_Spinnerbait_Organizer/descpage-P370704.html
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Spinnerbait storage - 06/13/18 10:32 PM

If you can a used one, the old Falcon FTO spinnerbait box is about as good as it gets. I've had mine for 10 years or so and it's still going strong.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Spinnerbait storage - 06/14/18 02:21 AM

I installed one of these and love it:
http://www.landbigfish.com/T-H-Marine-Supplies/Cooks-Go-To-Tackle-Storage-System
Posted By: CBoone

Re: Spinnerbait storage - 06/14/18 01:08 PM

....stuck in the upper carpet in my starboard side rod box.

I may get the Cooks Go-To; looks easy enough
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Spinnerbait storage - 06/14/18 01:37 PM

Tried all kinds from spinnerbait boxes to ziplock bags. Still don't have the winning formula.
Posted By: BigTxBassMan

Re: Spinnerbait storage - 06/15/18 03:54 AM

I use several of the old Plano spinnerbait boxes similar to this one

Tackle Warehouse Plano Spinnerbait Box

I keep them separated by size
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum