Texas Fishing Forum

New Boat Trailer Manufacturer?

Posted By: BigTxBassMan

New Boat Trailer Manufacturer? - 06/13/18 05:13 AM

My old Ranger came with a single axle trailer and I'm thinking about upgrading to a tandem axle. What's the best way to go? Ranger Trail, Bass Cat, Trailmaster, Loadmaster or somebody else? I don't think I'll seriously consider EZ Loader since I have the impression that I need to stay away from a tube frame trailer. Y'all let me know what ya think.
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: New Boat Trailer Manufacturer? - 06/13/18 10:52 AM

What about McClain Trailers in Houston?
Posted By: structure man(Guide on RC)

Re: New Boat Trailer Manufacturer? - 06/13/18 11:57 AM

Easy Loader makes a channel steel and aluminum trailer for bass boats.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: New Boat Trailer Manufacturer? - 06/13/18 01:09 PM

not a fan of EZ loader,
I have had two with the last two skeeters I have bought
the McClains place in houston makes a great trailer
http://mcclaintrailers.com/products/
Posted By: Fork Fanatic

Re: New Boat Trailer Manufacturer? - 06/13/18 04:46 PM

I had a single axle trailer with my Ranger and after numerous blowouts and bearing failures I went with a SportTrail tandem axle and no issues since. They make the finest trailer I’ve ever seen and customer service is excellent. I don’t know how to post pics on here but PM me your number and I will send you some pics. I’m not a sponsor just a happy customer.
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: New Boat Trailer Manufacturer? - 06/14/18 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Fork Fanatic
I had a single axle trailer with my Ranger and after numerous blowouts and bearing failures I went with a SportTrail tandem axle and no issues since. They make the finest trailer I’ve ever seen and customer service is excellent. I don’t know how to post pics on here but PM me your number and I will send you some pics. I’m not a sponsor just a happy customer.

Good point. At a glance, you'd think blow outs and bearing failures are non-trailer related, because these components are simply mounted by the trailer mfg. But, if it's poor mfg, they could mount it incorrectly, offset, crooked, etc.... And that would cause you all sorts of problems.
Posted By: 09wingates

Re: New Boat Trailer Manufacturer? - 06/14/18 06:07 PM

I have a Roadmaster C-Channel frame trailer under my Nitro. Built extremely well and pulls like a dream down the highway. I think they are built Ft. Worth, at least mine is anyhow.
Posted By: 9094

Re: New Boat Trailer Manufacturer? - 06/14/18 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Stickchunker

They make a fantastic trailer. All galvanized no paint.
Posted By: BigTxBassMan

Re: New Boat Trailer Manufacturer? - 06/15/18 04:21 AM

Thanks for the info guys! Right now I'm leaning toward either a Roadmaster (made in Ft Worth) (thanks for the suggestion 09wingates) or a Magnum (made in Austin). Both steel C channel painted trailers. Any good or bad words for these two?
Posted By: Bass Junkie

Re: New Boat Trailer Manufacturer? - 06/15/18 05:38 AM

Originally Posted By: 9094
Originally Posted By: Stickchunker

They make a fantastic trailer. All galvanized no paint.

Awesome trailer. Mine is all aluminum. IBeam construction. Light and pulls easy.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum